It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis' Cadillac Tours Australian Hospital!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 pm 
Flame

Elvis' Cadillac Tours Australian Hospital!: Back in 1968 it was like Christmas in July to the Australian kids in Port Kembla, but instead of Santa's sleigh laden with gifts it was a gold Cadillac rolling in presents from The King. Hundreds of underprivileged kids around Australia shared in thousands of dollars worth of toys from Elvis, delivered wrapped in gold. The Cadillac was painted with 40 coats of diamond dust and fish scales, and had $10,000 worth of gold equipment, including a lounge, a television, a telephone, an electric boot-polisher, plus a refreshment bar with an ice-maker and refrigerator.

Port Kembla's hospital was one of 40 stops on the fund-raising tour that raised $150,000 for The Benevolent Society and other local charities.

After the tour, Elvis was made a "life governor" of the society.

Of all the interesting and unusual stories The Benevolent Society can tell about their 200 year history, the story of Elvis' Gold Cadillac tour is one that really captures people's imagination - much like the man himself did. To celebrate its 200th anniversary, the society is asking the community to share memories of Australia's first charity.

(News, Source;IllawaraMercury/ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Elvis' Cadillac Tours Australian Hospital!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Wonderful! I would bet that Lisa had a hand in getting some of those things into
that Cadillac -if she knew of it. She approves sending his cars etc around so people who can't get to Graceland will get a chance to enjoy them. Elvis said his fans "gave him the ability" to purchase the items he did; he tried to repay them with his shows and talent and also, with donations he made every year-some known, many not!.
Thanks for posting this, it makes me feel good inside...
wjh

4/13 I just read this again-Lisa wasn't much more than a "hope" at that time, but she is very, very involved in charities today and has
done some wonderful things to help many people. Most, we may never hear about; like her daddy, she doesn't seek publicity for doing good things.
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, you are right Wanda, the heart warms up when reading such a thing... :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Just wanted to post some information here.

EVERY ONE WHO COMES HERE SHOULD GO CHECK OUT EVA'S WORK ON AN
INDEX OF SPIRITUAL MESSAGES AND SAYINGS FROM ELVIS FOUND IN THE FACE TO FACE BOOK. I WROTE IT, PUT AS MUCH AS I COULD ABOUT ELVIS AND THE THINGS HE ACTUALLY SAID AND DID IN IT...BUT I DID NOT REALIZE HOW TRULY IMPOWERED ELVIS WAS WHEN IT CAME TO HIS FAITH AND BELIEF IN GOD'S HAND ON HIS LIFE ANDN OUR WORLD.

EVA SPENT A GREAT DEAL OF TIME AND EFFORT PUTTING THIS WONDERFUL INDEX TOGETHER, USING EXCEPRTS FOR EACH TAG AND FINDING THE PAGE NUMBERS AND ETC FOR THEM ALL AND LISTING THEM WITH SNIPPETS OF
WHAT HE SAID SO EVERYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO FIND AND READ THEM FOR THEMSELVES. I KNEW ELVIS WAS SPIRITUAL, THAT HE TRIED TO FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST'S TEACHINGS IN HIS DAILY LIFE AND DEALINGS WITH PEOPLE...BUT I WAS NO AWARE OF HOW MUCH OF HIS LIFE AND TIME
HE PUT INTO DOING IT. IT SHOCKED ME...AND I WAS "THERE" AND I PUT THE BOOK TOGETHER AND STILL, DIDN'T NOTICE SO MUCH AS I DO NOW...

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THAT YOU GO TO THE SPIRITUAL TOPIC, CLICK ON IT AND THEN GO DOWN THE LIST AND FIND HER WORK AND THEN CHECK IT OUT. YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT ALL IS IN THAT BOOK AND DIRECTLY SPOKEN AND RELATED TO WHAT ELVIS SAID, DID AND HOW HE LIVED ACCORDINGLY. HE WAS A SUPER STAR, HE WAS A TAD SPOILED AND HE WAS TREATED VERY SPECIAL BY MANY PEOPLE, BUT HE STILL REMAINED AS ROOTED
TO HIS TREACHINGS AND WHAT HE WAS TAUGHT AND HAD LEARNED REGARDING HIS FAITH AND LOVE FOR JESUS CHRIST, THE MAN HE MOST ADMIRED. THE MAN OF WHOM HE SAID, I WANT TO SIT AT THE FEET OF JESUS AND LET HIM EXPLAIN IT ALL TO ME, CAUSE I SURE DON'T HAVE THE BRAINS TO FIGURE IT OUT."

ELVIS ALWAYS GAVE HIS LORD JESUS THE CREDIT FOR WHAT HE DID WITH HIS LIFE, FOR GIVING HIM HIS VOICE, FOR LETTING HIM BE ELVIS FOR THE PEOPLE...AND HE ALWAYS SAID HE HOPED THAT SOMEHOW BY HIS LIFE AND EXAMPLE, HE COULD GIVE OTHER PEOPLE FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD, THE FATHER. ELVIS PRAYED DAILY- FOR GUIDANCE AND FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S WELFARE...YOU DON'T KNOW BUT WHAT YOU WERE SOMEONE WHO WAS TOUCHED BY THE PRAYERS ELVIS DID FAITHFULLY, AND THAT HE EVEN IF HE DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHO YOUR WERE OR WHOM EVER MIGHT BE...HE STILL PRAYED FOR YOU! HE PRAYED FOR GUIDANCE, FOR HIMSELF AND FOR EVERYONE ON EARTH, THAT THEY MIGHT BE HAPPY, HEALTHY AND DO WELL
IN THEIR LIFETIME. HE ASKED FOR GOD TO BLESS EVERYONE ON EARTH,
TO WATCH OVER AND KEEP THEM SAFE. AND HE DID THIS MORE THAN ONCE A DAY...HE SAID, "TALKIN' TO GOD BRINGS PEACE TO MY HEART AND MIND; WHY WOULDN'T I WANT TO TAKE SOME TIME AND DO IT?"

wanda june hill

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]