It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis' Promise
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

MY VOW
I promise to try to live a pure life, to practice faith, to seek perfection, to meditate daily. To practice abstinence and free
my body from lusts of the flesh to the best of my ability. So
help me, God. EP '71

I believe that he lived up to this vow in every way he could; that
he strived for perfection and when he said that, he meant of the
spirit and soul, not his daily job or jobs. He was a man who tried
very hard to live according to the things his Bible taught, if he had
an "idol" it would have had to have been Jesus, the Christ whom he
modeled his interactions with other humans, trying to treat each with respect, consideration and kindness. He gave generously of his time, attention and money, and always with a generous heart and never expecting anything in return. He did not look "down upon anyone" but at them as a fellow human being; he did not feel superior to anyone, and said so often that he was "nothin' without the people who had cared for him" (his fans, his family). He gave God credit for who he was and had become, ELVIS. He did not know why and asked his whole lifetime here, "why me? why am I Elvis?" And he never did find that answer, but he worked very hard
to deserve being ELVIS. He said, "God, or somethin' big jus' reached down and touched me." So he did the best he could with all that he was given...mainly, that "voice" that was so unique as to never be forgotten by so many people, old and new fans. Once heard, he was not to be forgotten. Little kids see a picture and want
to know who it is, his name. They also recognize his voice as being
special, even when small babies, born long after he was gone, who stop crying when Elvis sings.
History tells us that every so often, along comes a special person and
they will do and be something that the world's people will find special, they will be remembered for eons afer they are gone from that lifetime. It also hints that they will return, perhaps in another body, but the same spirit will dwell within. I hope I get to come back then too...I want to live when you do, Elvis! Remember!
How about you?
wjh

Post subject: Re: Elvis' Promise
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Ole Yes I sure do if our Spirit's are able to return in another Body, I so Hope I to can return when Elvis does. So maybe I might get the Chance I Miss this time in seeing Elvis, and maybe getting to talk to him and to know him. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis was always very into reading spiritual type books, and
he said that he looked for truth in them...and found it said in many different ways but all meaning the same thing. That
God is, and always will be. He was a believer in the old style of worshiping, prayer and study of the Bible. He looked into other types of religions and decided that in their way they were all the same, just different names for God
and Jesus, the Christ. He even was involved in studying
Jewish faith and also Catholic and even some other more
"out there" kind of religions...and said that even with a
different outlook and way of saying things, they still retained the belief that there is one God, the Father and
his son, Jesus, the Christ....the last word he said was
pronounced, "Chris..t" as in Christian and was not part
of Jesus' name but a title. I believed what he said though
I had been taught differently...because Elvis did deep
study of various books concerning Jesus and faith. If any
one knew, Elvis did. He would have made a great minister of the gospel...imagine the kind of audiences he would have drawn...just to hear his singing gospels if nothing
else...however, not many people could have walked out
on Elvis were he to be giving a talk...fer sure!
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Wanda, I love that vow that you posted and also your very touching comment! I agree fully! Indeed it is rare that such a one comes on earth and has such a lasting effect, especially in the field of music! Thank God we have all the recordings of Elvis' voice, which is transmitting so much loving, uplifting and powerful energy. Again and again I am in awe when I listen to him..... (A)
When I come again I surely want to meet him again!!!!!!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

I don't believe that his presence/essence of being will EVER
leave this earth and it's surrounding atmosphere. He is one of those who will always BE! Like ancient beings before our
time, THEY are still here in story, statue and even passed on memories...amazing how that all works!

I don't know if any of you have ever gone to Linda Hood Sigmon's "Truth" site, but if not, you might enjoy it and wish you had sooner... It is full of highly interesting and
wonderful things concerning Elvis...some amazing. Linda
has had a lot of trash thrown her way because she stands
up for Elvis to anyone trying to trash him...and she continues to keep her website up even though she has been hacked and messed with over time...braver than I, fer sure.
Elvis is lucky to have had her on his side...he couldn't have
had one more ready to fight for him, if he'd went looking.
Her site is full of information on things about him, that he's done and has a lot of history from things years ago on it.
She was fortunate to make personal contact with him and
she has continued to try her best to keep his memory and the truth...out there for him.
Ya'll have a nice day...it's gonna get hot here soon and we
don't really need hot since we've had no rain in over a year.
and none expected in this area. This is like the 100 year
drought that California had nearly 100 years back. I am not
looking forward to that reinventing its self here!
Take care everyone, stay well...
Love always
wjh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda:
Quote:
I don't believe that his presence/essence of being will EVER
leave this earth and it's surrounding atmosphere. He is one of those who will always BE! Like ancient beings before our
time, THEY are still here in story, statue and even passed on memories...amazing how that all works!

I'm totally with you, Wanda! I agree 100%. :P

(I also recommend a visit to Linda Sigmon's web site. After going through it all, anyone will be able to take his/her own stand on what it expresses. :wink: )

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, ANYONE can decide for themselves. There is a whole lot of unexplained and often mind blowing events on that site...things that seem totally out of the realm of what has been known as the 'truth' for all these years. Each person has to make up their own minds, and go with it. All I can say is that if it is not true, then the old saying "truth rings true always" is kind of becoming rusty... Heavily so in some instances... there is a picture on there with grandson Ben as a little boy... and also photos of the man before and later on showing younger and older -- the facial bones match perfectly. It was a forensic expert who matched the pictures, right down to the indention crease above the nose. Check it out... anything is possible, if one has the means, the method and help then the only thing we can't alter is the sun rise and the sun set... soooo... impossible is not a word that means very much, really...wjh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:29 pm 
Dragon

I'll just say this about Linda Hood Sigmond "Truth" - she's as FAKE as a $6.00. Why? She believes that Elvis is "Jesse" (which is total B.S.). If you believe in reincarnation, then you're going totally AGAINST what the true word of God says!

Elvis Aaron (correct spelling, mind you!) Presley left this Earth on August 16, 1977. He's GONE. He won't be coming back until God brings every saint back with Him to reign on this Earth for 1,000 years. READ YOUR BIBLE!!

All of that being said, Wanda, I have a good amount of .PDF files of the books that Elvis, himself, read that (I'm sure) Larry Geller gave him in the 1960s but - do you know of anywhere that there is a complete list of the books that Elvis read and kept? The other two books that I have that I know that he read are: "The Prophet" & "The Impersonal Life" by Khalil Gibhran.

If you know of any other books that Elvis himself read that are out there available to read, I would appreciate it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]