It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: "spendin' time with a friend"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is an excerpt from We Remember, Elvis, by Wanda June Hill. Elvis is speaking.

Quote:
Naw. . .they're all different---no two women are alike...I get surprised, an' that's what interests me. . .a real, down to earth, thinking, nice woman. . .she don' have to be a knock out beauty, just clean, friendly, interesting and interested in somethin' othern'n layin' me. Then I can enjoy her company. Sometimes. . .often more'n not, there isn't any. . .eh. . .sexual encounter. . .jus' friendship, spendin' time with a friend. . .kinda like me with you honey, that's what I'm lookin' for. . .

Link to "We Remember, Elvis" book (scroll down): http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/wjh_index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's so esy to understand Elvis. The poor man was looking for someone able to establish with him a BALANCED relationship of human interchange. I put purposely the emphasis in the word "balanced", because I believe that this is the main cause for the ending of one relation between two lovers.

I don't think he was aware then of exactly what kind of relationship he was demanding. I think that if he would had been, he would had gotten it.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

don't we all need relationships that we could have out of the bed :roll: ..oh! those many women who wanted to see him only "horizontal"(though it's not a bad sight :wink:) must have frustrated him a lot..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:32 pm 
What a very SPECIAL TIME it would have been to just be there to Listen to Elvis, with what ever he wanted to say. To just hear him read, to let him just talk to just let him be Elvis a person. If that was all he ever wanted from me, that would have been PURE HEAVEN! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:16 pm 
Owl

Hi there everyone,

This is my first post.

Yes, it would have been wonderful to just sit and listen to Elvis.

What a lovely site this is.

Kind wishes,
Kim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Nice to meet you Kim! :P So glad you posted with us. As you can see, there's plenty of reading material (& photos) here to keep one busy. I look forward to your future posts. :D

How long have you been an Elvis fan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:42 pm 
Owl

Dear Laurie,

I would say I've been an Elvis fan my entire conscious life, lol.

I remember being a little girl, seeing Elvis' eyes, his facial expressions, and in my innocence, being totally captivated with the man INSIDE. His voice, his body language.

I love his music, I recall singing "Return to Sender" to myself all the time when picking up my nana's mail at the tender age of six.

He is the only person, who has captivated me my entire life, I realise this now, as an adult. However, I have only reaquainted myself fully, with him, and his music, in the last year or more.

What I didn't know, as a little girl, and only discovered a year ago, was Elvis' interest in spirituality, as is mine. This new found knowledge, touched my heart, hence my interest being re-established.

Kind wishes,
Kim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Jess wrote:
What I didn't know, as a little girl, and only discovered a year ago, was Elvis' interest in spirituality, as is mine. This new found knowledge, touched my heart, hence my interest being re-established.

Thank you for sharing, Kim. I have had a similar experience in appreciating Elvis' spirituality & feel a strong connection & bond to him.
The ELC web site and forum have an emphasis on his spiritual side, so I would think you should feel quite at home and comfortable here.
A big welcome to you! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

WELCOME, KIM! Image

It is so nice to have you on board! :P

If you have not did it yet, I highly recommend you to go through ELC site, where you'll find much information about Elvis' spirituality and many other interesting facts about him.

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/

Here in this Forum, you'll have so much to read about him too, specially from Wanda June Hill and Maia. It took me weeks of intensive reading, yet it is worth while, I assure you.

Wish you a good start. Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

welcome Kim..it's a big loving family here.. :D

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next