It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: sweet talking dude
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

He sure could let it slip when ever he felt it and yes he tried hard to speak perfectly. After all, he had stuttered as a child, into his teens and said that singing helped him over come that, and then learning that no one was going to bite him after all, meaning jump on his case some way just because he was shy etc:. And he said he learned to be brave though sometimes it took everything "in me to take that first step forward gettin' on that stage" and then he's usually say, "and I loved it, being out there-it was just getting there that did it to me." He said his mother sat him down when he was 19 and told him he would be meeting many kinds of people, and to listen carefully to what they were saying and if it felt wrong don't get involved, if it felt right to his heart then things would be okay. Something about letting his heart guide him if his head wasn't sure. I don't have that written down anywhere I could put my fingers on it but I remember him talking about there were so many people trying to tell him what to do and how to do things he was so confused he just went home and lay in his bed and cried because he couldn't understand why they were all telling him so many different things. So he stayed home for a few days and talked with his momma who made it make sense for him.
It's that little boy charm, that sweet honey drawl that sneaks out here and there and the sky blue eyes, then there's that smile and the giggle and laugh...oh good grief even, what the heck! It's the whole Southern package and he came loaded with it...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:43 pm 
GOD BLESS THAT SWEET SOUTHERN MAN'S,SOUL! I'M GLAD HE NEVER FORGOT THAT SOUTHERDNESS, THAT JUST MADE HIM EVEN MORE SPECIAL. I WISH I COULD HAVE SAT DOWN WITH HIM, AND TALKED ALL THE SOUTHERN WE WANTED TO :D I'M SO THANKFUL THAT EVEN THOUGH THEY TRIED TO CHANGE HIM INTO SOMETHING HE WASN'T, THEY NEVER DID. :wink: FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS!! BARB!!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2