Post subject: Birthday Letter to Wanda - 1977
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda just sent me this to put on on her pages:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/1977_bd-ltr.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:38 pm 
Peacock

i wonder when he actuely wrote this...as his tour ended june 26th and ginger alden was with him at the time. anyhow..it's very sweet and miss wanda is very lucky lady.

Post subject: B letter
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know when he wrote the letter-but he and Ginger were not always "together". He wasn't happy that she didn't want to go on tour with him all the time, and he found other girls where ever, so I kind of think there was trouble in paradise when he wrote it. Elvis had decided that what he saw in Ginger was Priscilla when she was younger-he said one of his friends told him she looked like Pris and Elvis realized that was true. Ginger had brown eyes-he said her eyes reminded him of his mother's eyes at times. He was sick, troubled and very vunerable those last few months-trying to get on with his life and trying to find something to help him do that.
All he had was young women, hardly anyone else was allowed near him unfortunately. When he met Ginger it was through close friends, and not girls off the road trips and that's what intrigued Elvis, nice girls, not groupies and regular, everyday young women, with lives, jobs and etc: who weren't out to hook on to him for whatever. He had to try to win Ginger-(yeah as if that would be difficult, but I didn't laugh when he said it) and she kept him guessing through it all, apparently. He couldn't "control her" and that too, intrigued him-at first.
He saw several young women while he was "trying to win" Ginger, and even during her times around him. Elvis had not made a commitment. He had said earlier, he didn't ever want to get close to anyone again. And I don't think he did. What he said about it all is in the book-it's pretty much "out there" anyway, so that was alright. I still won't use everything he said, it's personal to him even though he's not here physicall, but I am and I promised. Wanda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:21 pm 
Peacock

thank you for the clearing up Wanda.

Post subject: letter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

I appreciate very much that you understand how i feel about betraying Elvis' confidence, his flat out request that I not betray him. I have chosen what I feel he would be okay with, maybe I'd get those fire-y eyes flashed at me and a stern glare with that lip stuck out but I could live with that. Just wouldn't want him to throw any lightening flashes at me because he might. He did have a temper. There is so much pain and heartache in some of what he told me, i dont even like to read it because i cry still. And it's over and done, and he's free from it all. I'd like to keep that bottled up I guess is one way to put it, and not release it to the world for as he put it misconstrueing by the press etc: and they would! Lisa is the one who carries the load and she does it well, i don't want to make it heavier or anything else. I just want to let people see the side of Elvis we knew, the good side, funny side, the feeling and caring side and that he was not the drugged out, stupid, country boy who couldn't wipe his own nose without help as he's been made out to be by so many who "were there, 24-7, saw and heard everything, knew every person he knew, listeiend to every phone call that they made for him because he "never" used the phone! Ask Ginger about that one-she complained the most. As for Linda Thompson-she was as he put it a doll, sweetheart and a saint to put up with him. I ageed to those comments-to his face and he laughed., saying he knew he "wasn't easy to get on with but the effort was sometimes worth it..." giving his bad spots a way out with that one. Linda and Lisa got on well, Linda was close to her and Lisa called her to tell her her daddy was dead-no one else had. Lisa didn't call her mother-she called Linda. Priscilla I understand was not happy about that. Linda wore lavendar to his fruneral -Pris wore black. Elvis wanted lavendar, colors and no black. He wanted white cars, to wear white and light blue himself and he got what he wanted from those who were really trying to care for him. Of Course, Pris was playing the grieving "widow/wife" but it was Linda who loved him tender and loved him truly for himself alone. Elvis seriously thought of marrying her, but he couldn't get over his tie with Priscilla-that one marriage thing he had in his mind-that forever thing before God. But as he said, it ws fate and maybe another time...Thanks for your interest and understanding. Wanda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU WANDA FOR BEING SO LOYAL TO A DEAR AND PRESCIOUS FRIEND.THOUGH I'M SURE NONE OF US IN THIS GROUP WOULD BE DESPISE HIM FOR BEING HURT,VULNERABLE,SENSITIVE,OR DESPERATE SOMETIMES SINCE THOSE FEELINGS ARE FOR ALL OF US, THE LIVING CREATURES,I CAN UNDERSTAND THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE READY TO SPOIL ALL THE SINCERITY AND USE THEM SOMEHOW AGAINST OUR MAN.SO IT'S BETTER KEEP IT THAT WAY..WHAT A PITY THAT IT SEEMS,THIS WORLD NEVER BE A PLACE WITHOUT THE DOUBT AND FEAR..THANKS AGAIN..

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]