It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "I try to find the good in them . . ."
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Below is an excerpt from a 6 page letter Elvis sent to Wanda, posted on ELC. The excerpt (& other excerpts from the letter) is also shown on Maia's Heart to Heart gallery, which inspired me to post below for discussion.

Quote:
Usually whatever one cannot stand in another is the very fault in themselves. This Ive found to be true. So I try not find fault with anyone and if I can, I try to find the good in them and dwell on it. I look for the same trait in myself that offends me in another...I usually can find it in myself. The thing that bugs me most in another is narrow mindedness...so I try to be open about my own. I sometimes fail, but I am nothing like I once was. I have opened a door so wide and so wonderful that I could never shut it.

The above quote from Elvis really struck a cord with me because I have found fault with others. So it has not been pleasant looking in the mirror and seeing that, and yet it is good for me. I can only grow. I don't think it means we pretend that faults in others don't exist, but it is not our place to judge people, to play God so to speak. And we are more likely to draw out the divine good in people by dwelling on the good in them.

Link to six page letter from Elvis to Wanda: http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/thema ... llo-01.htm
Link to Maia's Heart to Heart gallery: http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/hearttoheart.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:13 pm 
[b] What Compasion and How Wise Elvis was to find his own Faults in himself, while Understanding Other Peoples Faults. How he could still find the Nice side of People even when they put him down and still Love them, O what a Learning Lesson I know I need to Learn, from this. Thank You Blue Moon for SHINING the Light ON THIS for ALL OF US FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image for you LAURIE... THANK YOU FOR POSTING.... it is sooo TRUE, El´vis is sooo RIGHT :wink:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you very much Laurie! That is a much meaningful aspect of our growth.

I believe that the hardness we use to see others, is the same we use for ourselves. The lack of compassion and understanding we project to others, we are projecting to ourselves. It's the same about exigency, rigidity and untolerance.

When we work directly with LOVE (as a source and field of energy), all this projection of our personality's conditionants disminish, until it desappears. Because, we may remember, LOVE is the contrary of fear, and fear is what makes us so "restraining". LOVE makes us to flow in Harmony with everything that IS.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
When we work directly with LOVE (as a source and field of energy), all this projection of our personality's conditionants disminish, until it desappears. Because, we may remember, LOVE is the contrary of fear, and fear is what makes us so "restraining". LOVE makes us to flow in Harmony with everything that IS.

Amanda, when I was reading your comment above, it reminded me of a Bible verse I used to read all the time:
Quote:
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18 NKJV

I used to read this scripture all the time because I had so much fear in my life. I mean I used to have severe anxiety attacks all the time, some of them to the point where I could hardly breathe. I never passed out but would get dizzy at times. And my chest would become so tight, gripped in fear. And many times I didn't even know why or what precipitated it!
I still have fear issues in my life but anxiety attacks now are rare or at least not nearly as severe as they once were. I have much more the peace of God within me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:13 pm 
:D Thats just Wonderful Laurie, when we put our Trust and Fatth in the Lord he always Helps us. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I understand what you are talking about, Laurie. In the past I had some of those attacks: in my adolescence I was a stranger in a country with xenophobia and I was personally attacked by it. I had to go to High Scool where the ambience was unfamiliar to me and the human being was the least to be taken in account. With my sensibility, I felt I was out of place. The last of 4 years living that situation, I started with pains in my stomach and nauseas. It reminds me of Elvis fed up making bad films, starting getting sick this way too.

Fortunately, as we grow up, we can develop an awareness that shows us how a higher reality of LOVE permeates everything we do and every place we are. LOVE and LIGHT are behind all the scenes of LIFE. :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I want to add one more quote by Amanda:
Quote:
I believe that the hardness we use to see others, is the same we use for ourselves. The lack of compassion and understanding we project to others, we are projecting to ourselves. It's the same about exigency, rigidity and untolerance.

This is also a very important message! When we are able to understand it and are also able to LIVE IT, we have probably learned one of the most important lessons in life (along our soul's journey back to GOD)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I absolutely agree with both your comments, Sue-Lenora and Sarena. Thank you very much.

Let's bathe in the sacred waters of LOVE. There can't be better medicine for our ailments!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda Viola wrote:
Because, we may remember, LOVE is the contrary of fear, and fear is what makes us so "restraining". LOVE makes us to flow in Harmony with everything that IS.

Amanda, what powerful words. I really needed to read them now. It reminds me not to give into my fears, and there are many knocking at my door now.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next