It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 am 
Owl

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I am so glad that I had him! It was fate, it was predeemed, whatever it was, it was wonderful and I would do it all again in a minute!!! Even the hard parts where wonderful in many ways, educational and inspiring as well.

What were the hard parts, Wanda? (Without being too personal, of course). How did you help Elvis, our lovely man?

Kimmi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Hi, no it's not too personal...but there are things I won't tell because he was "talking to a friend" he trusted with some of his most personal thoughts and questions.
When he was having problems, emotionally and physically in those last years, sometimes it was hard to listen, to keep quiet and just let him "get it out" because that's all he wanted really, just to hear himself, to hear his thoughts and release them into the air kind of. He didn't call for advice, unless he asked and he just needed someone to listen and be objective and not try to tell him how to fix things. So that was hard, he was hurting, to the point of tears at times and there wasn't anything anyone could do for him, other than just listen and be his friend. I guess that it was enough, but I still feel that I let him down some way, that there should have been more I could do, something to help him get things squared away and not dwell on and in the past so much. But that was just how he was, he looked to the past for answers when he couldn't look to the future which was becoming too much for him. He said it helped to have a friend to talk to, someone who just listened, sometimes.
I know he had other people, a couple of the guys and perhaps even others around him, but so much he didn't appear to tell them, didn't let his personal feelings out that much and kept it bottled up when a round his people. He said he had to be strong, he couldn't have problems and he had to take care of them. He was their job, he couldn't quit and he couldn't let them down-they had families and owed money etc: and working for him was their job...he was a business kind of, as he put it...and he had to look good, do a good show or they wouldn't get paid. Elvis was true blue, someone who wanted always to do a good job, to never let anyone down. He never did. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm 

Welcome Kim. You will love it here. All the people are wonderful.

I also loved Elvis as a young child and wasn't until 6 years ago that I understood the spiritual connection. Isn't it amazing how many of us have been touched by this wonderful man.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:20 pm 
Owl

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I am so glad that I had him! It was fate, it was predeemed, whatever it was, it was wonderful and I would do it all again in a minute!!! Even the hard parts where wonderful in many ways, educational and inspiring as well. I was an ordinary woman, maybe even not ordinary but a bit less as I had never done anything of an major importance or signifance in my short lifetime. And along came Elvis-the radiant SUN child who lit up my life and everyone around me like the sun on a cold morning when it breaks the sky and sends warmth to the shivering earth and it's inhabitants. Elvis was the light of our lives and he served his purpose well for the entire population on earth, including many of it's animals and birds! He still brings his glory to us through music and film and books as well. Whatever comfort he gained from knowing me and our circle of people, he more than repaid by being our firend. I especially am blessed because he chose me, I had nothing to do with it. It was his choice from day one-I don't ask a big why these days, but I still wonder why he bothered...but I guess it was so I could remember and write it down. Thank God for bringing me to Elvis-it couldn't have happened any other way. wjh
I guess I need to add this part since it just ran through my head-in his voice. I get the greatest highs from sharing my memories, my life with others who care to hear about it. So that is my blessing in this whole deal.
(Okay, is that it, dude? Did I "hear" correctly?)

Did Elvis ever share that he felt lost, Wanda JH?

What would you have shared with him, to help?

Hugs,
Kim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:28 pm 
Owl

Di wrote:
Welcome Kim. You will love it here. All the people are wonderful.

I also loved Elvis as a young child and wasn't until 6 years ago that I understood the spiritual connection. Isn't it amazing how many of us have been touched by this wonderful man.

Di

Dearest Di,

Thank you.

Yes, the connection is amazing, I didn't think of it that way. Thank you so much for sharing these insightful thoughts.

I just wish that Elvis would have allowed his fans' love to heal him, to not be hard on himself. I wish we could have all just prayed and taken it all away. I wish there were answers, he was so sensitive and loving.

Hugs,
Kim

Post subject: Conversation 1971
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:02 am 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r9OI-j6j8I0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

To answer the question-Did Elvis ever share that he felt lost. He did say that he felt "alone" and "lonely alot of times". Especially after his mom died, he felt very alone and as if he would never be "understood again" that there would never be anyone "who knows me like she did, knows how I feel...something missing...alone." I think perhaps since reading about the twin connection with their other twin, he felt so much more alone that many people ever do, because he was missing "his other half" since twins are cells alike that divide to make two people. Elvis said he was an "identical" twin, but I wonder if that is so since no one has said for sure as there was no one present who would or could confirm that-maybe back then they didn't realize what that meant-two babies, two placentas and one sack for both to be together in? I think, I could be wrong as I have not read anything about such things in years, that identical babies are together in one sack and there is only one "bag that breaks just before birth. They do have two placentas though-so the second child would be able to live until the first is born and then it is born after that. As was Elvis-his brother never took a breath he said, that "he was all blue and shriveled up" and a few minutes later out came Elvis and they were (his mom and him) taken to the "section of the hospital for the ones who couldn't pay" a thing he never forgot-how his mom was in a room with so many others with all kinds of things goin' on and he was in a thing to help him stay alive. How they were sent home because they couldn't pay; he couldn't nurse due to being too small and weak and how he was fed with an eyedropper when someone they knew (a black lady) came up with a way to get his mom's milk out, then he got stronger and could nurse. He of course, didn't remember but that's what he was told-and he said it all so bitterly; the lack of medical care for her and for her babies, for them all as he grew up, the things he saw others doing without who needed medical help, etc: made a lasting impression on young Elvis making him think of medical proffesonials as being "gods" and he wanted to be sure everyone around him and that he had any contact with and those he heard about, had the best care he could get for them. It was humanly impossible to think he could serve them all, but he tried. We will never know how much he did that no one but those involved knows-it must be enough to fill several big books from just what little I know of his generosity. His heart was just too big-the weight of it alone must have been a heavy load for that "little boy" inside him to carry. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda thank you so much for your very insightful answer to Kim's question and Di thank you also for the link that you provided. :D It saddens me to know how alone, lost and misunderstood our sweet Elvis felt after his dear Mother died. :( All the more reason I am SO VERY GLAD that he had a special friend like you in his life Wanda. :D I know in my heart that the blessing of your friendship and your ability to understand him the way you did brought such sunshine into his life. :D I also wanted to say that I completely agree with what you said here Wanda--

Wanda June Hill wrote:
His heart was just too big-the weight of it alone must have been a heavy load for that "little boy" inside him to carry.

To me what you said here just about says it all and I'm just glad that he had your friendship to help him carry his load along the way. :)

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3