It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

as for the first part,how honest and sweet and natural that boy again..as for the second part Wanda..I see two phone lines a lady at one end gives him peace, a fun time, brings the real man out ,makes him feel at ease and at the other line a woman causes him to get nervous,worried and restless.,throws him right in the middle of troublesome thoughts again, that maybe he forgot a little while talkin to you..so I thank this "Wanda girl" for being there for him..
btw,how one can ask for an endless financial help from someone she/he left to be her/his own..being one's own is a much harder task if I'm not mistaken..
maybe one thing could have made everything different..if only she had music in her soul,had love for music that made Elvis and many of us go on.

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

I know, it can be frustrating but he made his own choice, and stuck by it all the way. Have to give him a big hand for having that kind of acceptance, understanding and patience-lots of that- and for admitting that he could have done better, that he didn't try hard enough and just expected her to understand and step aside when asked, no questions and no complaints. It would have been difficult under regular circumstances-and he sure wasn't one for "regular circumstances". With his looks and personality, he would have always had female's giving him the eye and making plays for him-even had he been a furniture store owner as his mom told him - he still laughed about doing that when working Vegas.
Elvis was born to be Elvis and he must have had lessons to learn which he did though he didn't get his personal self quite the way he wanted-ours isn't to ask why, it is just to be patient and try. One of his remarks...now I don't remember what it was about but Joa (sis in law)jotted it down in the fly pages of her old (1968)dictionary (that her daughter gave to me) of all places but she must have been looking up words for him they both liked to learn new words. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

maybe we make our own choices in a deeper consciousness but ,suffer for their results on a shallow level ,which makes them more painful,and hard to understand..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Right zey, I think we do...and often not even realizing it.
I liked the drawing, you amaze me! Everyone likes my shirt-am going to wear it when we show the concert video/cds at Suzy's new home base. So far they have a vast number of people interested-we may have to do it in stages-and use their biggest room for seating! Plus we'll have to have a break for the bathroom for them as well in the middle like a movie house might on a long film!
Everyone can wear or dress with Elvis fashions for the event too-it ought to be kind of fun for them...and us. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

thank you Wanda, happy you liked it..and it sounds this will be a great event there,concert video and all,a real movie session..Suzy must be very popular..she brought some new thrill to that place for sure. .

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with you Sue about how cute he sounds when he was getting 'mad' at Wanda during the first conversation she posted. :wink: :lol: I also love his genuine heartfelt desire for wanting people to believe in him and believe the fact that he wouldn't lie about something. :D Also, in reference to the first conversation, I can also completely understand Elvis's frustration/anger at what he endlessly kept hearing or reading about himself when it all pretty much was nothing more than complete lies or fabrication. :x I mean a person can only take so much and he took ALOT from ALOT of people and still somehow managed in his ever loving heart to somehow forgive them. One thing that truly amazed me about him was in the Hy Gardner interview he did when he was "jus' a baby" himself(I think around 21 or so) and Hy asked him basically if it bothered him to read things about himself that weren't true and I'll never forget what his answer was"No, not really. Those people have a job to do and they do it." Even when he was still that young, and things involving his career were happening and taking off so fast, he was able to display such a gracious and understanding attitude for something that indeed did bother him more than he let on. Truly amazing! :D As for the second part of the conversation, I feel like he had one woman that so easily made him sweat and worry. :( Then on the other hand(or other line in this case :wink: ) he had another woman who so easily made him smile and happy. :D I thank God so much for that "other line" because it let Elvis know that a smile or happiness was only a phone call away. :D :wink: Thank you so much Wanda for sharing these precious conversations with us and helping us to see more of that "inner Elvis" that was so remarkable and special. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:28 am 
Site Admin

Hi, You know, back then from the beginning when I realized that he actually did want to talk to me now and then, I never dreamed or even had a thought enter my mind that I would be telling people/strangers actually, about him because that was his personal life, something he guarded carefully and expected loyalty from those who "knew him" off the stage and screen. And that was our primary goal-to keep his secrets and private life just that. I've known people for years back then and they didn't have a cue and even today, it's not a item of discussion except in the showing the book and getting it to fans. Right now only a few people outside ELC are "in on things" so to speak. It's still difficult for me to talk about him in personal terms, very easy to talk about his career, his movies and etc; but it becomes very touchy trying to stay on the fence, as my daugher calls it. But I do-and I guess always will. And I defend him with facts - it's hard to argue with facts that have been around but not generally well known-such as his health etc:. Anyway, all of you on here have helped me a great deal because without your help, I would have a harder time talking about Elvis- And I want people to know him, not just the media and mm versions that are so commonly
known. Just today I was asked how many times I had been paid for interviews. Well, I have never been paid for interviews-I have had in the past a couple of fan clubs in the southern states take me to dinner and one had cake and ice cream social type event. But as for cash, or etc: not once. I have either had the first publisher pay for plane fares a couple times, hotel twice and the rest of the time, I paid for my own trips and accomodations. And I feel quite good about it; this was never a venture to make money-nothing truly good tends to come from something like this done only for the profit one might acquire. Not in my opinion anyway.
Breaking even is the only goal I ever had-and maybe some day that will happen, if it doesn't I figure the fact that I had the opportunity to get to know Elvis was payment a plenty and more! It doesn't set well with me to think of being paid for friendship. Still doesn't. Anyway, to borrow a comment, "Thank you, Thank you very much!" wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:14 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Thank you as always, too, Wanda! It's great to know that all of us here at ELC have been able to be of help to you in this way, to be able to talk and write of so much and hope you know all your precious conversations, interview, information, insights etc will always be so very welcome here!

Quote:
It doesn't set well with me to think of being paid for friendship. Still doesn't.

This means so very much and so refreshing a view for fans in general who, down the years, have known so many around Elvis who lack such fine morals and principles let's just say! I could say worse here about them but I promise to behave - just this once!

Sue-Lenora I completely agree with everything you've said here and Wanda it makes me so very glad to know that you feel that we here at ELC have been able to help you out. :D :D It's a pleasure to be able to help you out in whatever way we can and like Sue said you and everything you want to share with us will ALWAYS indeed be VERY welcome here!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

I think I say this somewhere on the ELC website, but can't remember for sure, so will say it here, too. Wanda gave me the transcripted material to use in BLUE STAR LOVE (her idea to do so), her help and support and then sent me a signed letter (which I did not ask for) that stated she had done this and did not expect any payment or percentage of the books sales (whenever it was published).

Page 2 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next