It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

May I share with you that "little" thing about being nuts?

All the songs you have mentioned above suit me as precious. I would like to add:

For his voice inflections that connect directly to my heart there are sooo many, but I would select between them also by its content: You'll Never Walk Alone and Who Am I.
There's It's Only Love, which is beautifully related with what we are doing here at the forum. Amazing Grace moves me too very much, because this song has appeared in my life many times, at very special moments.

Solitaire moves me because it reflects his emotional realizing of the consecuences of some of his acts. I find it a very beautiful song.

I could go on and on and on...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: nut sharing
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

I am nutty about Solitaire too, and Just Pretend and so many gospels and I think my favorite is the one I can never remember the title to even though one of you just told me not long ago! Life maybe? It's about God creating the earth and everything on it. I have always liked that one so much and got to tell him so. He just about cried.... so we didn't discuss that one long! wjh

Post subject: Songs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I think the one I heard him sing with no music and no one with him, just a short section of it in Vegas upstairs-he was talking to a songwriter or someone connected to that and softly sang it for him in telling him what he wanted, it was a love song, I guess he was asking for new material if possible? I couldn't hear what all was being said and when he did sing that song he closed his eyes and did it so softy and it never was done that I know of though they say there is a vast amount of material including film that has never been accessed-and that Graceland has alot of it never been viewed etc: to any extent!!! I sure hope so and that some of it will get out before I'm dead.
Of course by then though, I'd have the real thing although he might not be as much Elvis in his new life and I have to admit it's the Elvis I knew that I truly want to see again...even if so briefly. Just long enough to look at that face and maybe hug him. That's all. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Of course by then though, I'd have the real thing although he might not be as much Elvis in his new life and I have to admit it's the Elvis I knew that I truly want to see again...even if so briefly. Just long enough to look at that face and maybe hug him. That's all. wjh

Oh, I believe Elvis will be Elvis for those who want to see / feel him that way! We can "put on" and "take off" appearances easily there...and on the first stages we maintain our basic personalites, only expanding the more spiritual aspects of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I remember now the songs that thrilled me in the early years:

"The First In The Line", "Playing For Keeps", "I Was The One", "The Girl Of My Best Friend", "A Fool Such As I". Today I played them again and the effect on me remained, yet not so emotional, because there were not the great longing I felt then. Now I feel him so close, firmly close and that spiritual closeness is here to stay.

I'm at peace absolutely when I see or hear Elvis and this is such a good feeling. I'm able to enjoy him deeply, but without any pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue!!! That's exactly what I'm doing right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

In these days I wondered again about Elvis' changing voice over the years or how should I explain. My small 6-year-old son heard "Susan when she tried" "Green green grass of home" very often in the last days (I had to write the words for him so he can sing along and he knows by heart many songs even if he doesn't know English!) and I listened deeply moved.
There is a very special feeling in his voice during that period (TODAY-Album) and I like it sooooooooooo much! This deep and rich voice!

Then again his voice changed, it's unbelievable! Fro m the very beginning to the end there was a change. If I hear a song I think I can tell you exectly the year when he sang it (even if I didn't know it :wink: )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, it's incredible! Right now I'm listening to "Today" album!

This morning I took my mother for a car ride through the mountains and we played it again and again, for two hours! She says it's the one she likes best. I love it too. All the time I was smiling hearing it. :P Happy time you gave us, Elvis. :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Just great!!!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P :P

Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3