It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A quote from Elvis
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

On the media: "Too many of these guys ain't reporters, they're marksmen." Even then Elvis knew what was what with the media. I can imagine with some amusement what Elvis would have to say about the media today!! The man had a way with his words and he surely liked to word play. OMG. "Words on the Media" by Elvis Presley. What a lively book that would be to read and then read again and again. :D :D

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

The sad part and irony of this is that those so called "reporters"(I say so called because normally reporters are supposed to tell the TRUTH :roll: ) were actually EXPERT marksmen when it came to lying about Elvis and hurting him and trying to destroy his character. :( YET, little did they know that they had actually "missed the target" completely with everything they said because they got it all wrong. :roll: :wink: I'll NEVER understand how Elvis always seemed to manage to look the other way with the hurtful things the media said about him. :? Bless his sweet soul for being able to do that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

And the arrows from the media didn't stop at Elvis' death either. So many misconceptions about him have gone on to become "fact" in many minds. All the media has to do is take a lie and repeat it enough times, and people then accept it as true. And Elvis isn't around now to set the record straight. Unfortunately, a # of the MM haven't helped much, and often made things worse. If Elvis never told them of his illnesses, then they would assume that he was merely addicted to pills, since they weren't aware he was taking them for actual physcial ailments. I wonder, was there anyone among him who suspected that Elvis was sicker than he was letting on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I think that probably he let it known a piece of his diverse illness here and there, with his closest friends. We know that he asked Dr. Ray if his condition was terminal (in Wanda's book); he talked to Suzy by phone when feeling bad, but we don't know to what extend 'cause she didn't ever wanted to speak about it; Wanda shared with him some aspects too. Kathy Westmoreland talks about it some... probably Charlie knew too...

I believe that those with a wider information about his real condition love him too much to talk at lenght about what they knew, respecting Elvis wish to keep it private.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have not seen Charlie's video "The Elvis I Knew". One more to my list, very long to this point. :roll:

Sue-Lenora, would you mind to comment what did Charlie say about Elvis physical condition? Maybe some other friends here would be interested to know a little about it, like I am.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have the video and the first and only time I watched it (years ago) I had great difficulties understanding Charlie's talking (too quick and "slang" to follow for a non-American gal like me..... :? ). But I will try again!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Larry Geller's new book to be out fairly soon I think, will perhaps be more detailed as he was there on those last tours and the vacation as well. He also was with Elvis several times when Elvis was gripped by extreme pain that put him doubled over and even on the floor. So I have hope that he will finally tell about these things-he knew Elvis had to take pain medication, he also knew he was addicted to sleeping pills and some pain meds too-Elvis said it was the liquid pain killer that was given by shots and he wasn't using it anymore. I think it was maybe Demerol if that's spelled right? It was to relax his colon and help stop the pain from it. Suzy said that he cried when talking to her because he was so "tired of hurting" and didn't understand why it was not getting any better when they told him he would get better-that was in 76 and he said then it woke him up even if he had taken sleeping pills and went to sleep. The pain woke him up and that his legs hurt so much he had to get up and walk sometimes. I've had some of that and I sure understand a little of what he felt in that way. Suzy said he told her when he was crying that he just wanted to get it over with, if he was "gonna die-I pray it's soon" he told her. I know he had terrible headaches at times and holed up in his room in the dark (except for that night light) and said he tried to meditate it away but he couldn't do it very well any more. That was in 76-77 and he said he was having a hard time using self hypnosis as well- He said, "I look like hell, but thank God can still sing, it is my salvation so many times."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:28 am 
Site Admin

I'll be looking forward to Larry's new book too. I agree totally with what you said Sue-Lenora about Elvis being in such immense and terrible pain yet he still didn't fail at giving his all and then some. Precious, precious man. I am so glad that he had the solace and comfort of his singing to hold onto. It helped him then and still continues to help so many of us now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:42 pm 

I went onto Amazon to see if they have Larry's book listed and found nothing. Does anyone know what the title is going to be. I always preorder my books.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! I think the title was changed or not settled upon for a while, but now it's about to be ready it's fixed as that one. I like that title...and yes, Elvis so enjoyed knowing Larry and he missed him during the years he wasn't with him... He welcomed him back with open arms and heart-I know that. He was like a kid, gleefully giving good news when he told me in a "hushed kind of excited way" "Lawrence is back, remember?" And I didn't at first as he called him by name and not "Larry"...
I asked "to stay" And he said very softly, "If I have anythin' to do with it, damn right!" And he did, thankfully or we might not have had Elvis as long as we did. Larry, Charlie and Kathy looked out for Elvis off stage, when he was most vunerable in his room and the others were "gone" doing their things. They were there, they stayed with him-keeping him better able to deal and they were there when he needed real friends.

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next