It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Sue, Wanda and Fran you have no idea how much all of your kind and loving words have helped to ease my troubled and hurting heart that I have had over all of this. Yes, most definitely Sue, ELC, El'vis and everyone here have been and continue to be a tremendous source of comfort for me. :D I am starting to have a renewed sense of peace about all of this. :D It's still hard to deal with but you ALL have helped a great DEAL! :D A simple thank you doesn't seem like nearly enough to say but........thank you SO very much my dear sweet Angel friends!! :D :D I'm especially going to remember what Elvis said about this type of situation:" you can pray anywhere, God'll hear ya when you need Him." :D Hopefully others in my Church will remember that too. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Mari,

My belief is that the best Temple to God is inside our heart. I consider myself a spiritual person, yet not a religious one. I was raised in Catholicism. While my own family were not practicioners, the Spanish society at the time had it "impossed" upon.

I have studied many different spiritual disciplines and religions, yet I'm not an expertise. But what I found along the way is that much of them keep the formulation crystallized, yet they have lost the contents by the way, something like the empty cocoon after the butterfly has flown away.

I consider that in every religion and spiritual discipline there are important truths expressed, all meant in its origin to help to set free the human soul to fly to God. But I believe it's the presence of "connected" individuals (connected really to the Source, to God) that makes the "butterfly' spirit" be present and alive. Elvis was a "connected" soul and we already know the great influence he had and has.

About the places for prayer, I have found wonderful, harmonious temples in all the many countries I have visited, no matter what religion they were part of. They were full of energy, which was intented to create a resonance to help the connection at the moment of the pray. They were sacred places. But I have found many that did not have that quality, they were profanes even when they were a cult place for one religion.

A sacred place may be Nature, special places around the world, those places one feels harmonious when one develop the abbility to "detect" it.
A sacred space has the quality of connecting higher Realms of God to ours, like the space Elvis created with his voice while singing certain songs, specially gospel and then, the energy around him just changed.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola your deeply meaningful thoughts you shared with me here have struck a resonating chord within my heart and echo the very same feelings that I have. :D I thank you so much for helping me to bring more peace within it about the situation I'm going through. :D I will keep especially close the words you said here"My belief is that the best Temple to God is inside our heart." :D I believe this to be true also and agree with you 100%!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm glad to help, Mari. :)

We may remember that anything that "closes" paths to God, must be wrong by definition.

The contrary is true too. :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2