It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 1964- being faithful women vs. men etc;
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

(This was an early piece of conversation-he askes me if I am still taping, I shut it off.)
W. You'd be faithful-if you got married-with all the women at your feet day and night-I doubt it!
E. Why-why would you?
W. You're a guy, in a very different kind of place in life and you know, most guys would be tempted and lots of them would cheat.
E. Whose facts are those? Damn it! If said I'd be, I would!
W. Reallly...
E. Damn right, an expect her whoever she may be, to be true to me! Women cheat, don't think they don't-they lie too!
W. Really...had experience with that, have you?
E. Yeah. An they are agressive types man, some of 'em lie right to my face!
W. Okay...
E. They come on ever way come Sunday!
W. You should know...
E. What does that mean? (very near a growl)
W. You're telling it!
E. Yeah-'n it's true! (Snapped out)
W. So-there have been some married ones?
E. Try to avoid 'em, but sometimes can't tell an' then they tell me later-what the hell, they don't care, why should I?
W. Really.
E. Really!
W. You'd refuse?
E. I do refuse...damn it! Don't need to get them, plenty of other ladies around...(snickers) more'n enough!
W. I bet-So Elvis has principals.
E. Damn right! Why'd you think not?
W. Oh things I've heard...read....who you are-some times I've wondered.
E. Gawd...you still tapin' this?
W. I can shut it off-want me to?
E. Yeah...do it.
We went on discussing women and men's feelings about sex etc: and love and he said that men were not made to be faithful, it was women who began to want to be able to depend on one guy, raise kids etc: and that it was as God intended and he quoted scripture about how it was good for a man to keep his wife a virgin etc: and that men should take care of their wives etc: and that women should always be true, obediant to her husband and he ought to treat her fairly, love her etc: and take care of the family in every way they needed. A man should always be there for his family, and he quoted the scripture of no greater love has a man than he lay down his life for his friends etc: and that God's one main commandment was to Love one another as He has loved us. And that meant to be fair, kind, understanding of others in their trials and misunderstandings etc: and that a man should try to be faithful to his wife, but if she is unhappy with the marriage he ought to let her go and not be bitter and revengeful. And he said he'd have a problem with that, he thought, and he wanted to be sure before he married that whomever she would be was ready to be his wife, ready to commit to him and him alone and that she would understand that he had to be free at times, to get away and do things he'd always done with music and his buddies. And that he'd always come home to his wife, his family and they'd always have the assurance he would be true and faithful and always love her and the children above all others. I recall saying that sounds like you think of it as kind of a double standard and he said, no, he'd be faithful if he had the right woman and she was true to him and loved him as he was. He didn't want her to go changing him or trying to make things her way because his life was different and he had to do certain things that she might not understand but it wouldn't be because he didn't love her. His wife would be a treasure that he would always want with him, she'd keep the home, with kids and aplace of peace and quiet for him because he needed that. She would have to understand that he had a need to have a place, a home to come to and not fuss and carry on about his being gone doing other things and he said whatever he was doing was for her, the kids and the people he cared about, she would have to understand that part of him and his life. He didn't want to be tied down and have to worry about coming home to a wife that was going to jump down his throat because he was late or he hadn't called or something.
And she wasn't to question him about what he might have been doing, some things he didn't feel a wife had to worry about, or needed to know-like business and etc: that was a man's world and he wouldn't want her involved in it. Especially not the Hollywood kind of life, that was a thing he never wanted his wife to be involved in-the party scene etc:. And unfortunately, she wanted to be and wanted to go out and be seen with him etc: and he wouldn't do it, though he did have a few friends he'd go have dinner with and etc: at his house. But those were quiet times, not the Hollywood glitz parties etc:. Not his thing-he wouldn't budge. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, as I read the above, I find it comforting that you and Elvis could be just so "real" with each other. Such interesting conversations!

It also crossed my mind that I wished Elvis had waited till after he had returned to live singing in 1969 before getting married, so that the wife to be, be it Priscilla or whomever, would have an idea as to what the lifestyle would be like and either prepare herself for it or decide against it -- before any marriage took place.

I wish that his dreams for an ideal family life, per what he told you, had come true for him.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Wanda, as I read the above, I find it comforting that you and Elvis could be just so "real" with each other. Such interesting conversations!

It also crossed my mind that I wished Elvis had waited till after he had returned to live singing in 1969 before getting married, so that the wife to be, be it Priscilla or whomever, would have an idea as to what the lifestyle would be like and either prepare herself for it or decide against it -- before any marriage took place.

I wish that his dreams for an ideal family life, per what he told you, had come true for him.

AMEN to all of what you said above Laurie! :D You said what I feel so perfectly. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

A beautiful and meaningful conversation there, Wanda! THANK YOU again.

Wondering about you said above, Laurie and Mari, I come to this conclusion:

Elvis could bring from a higher vibration's realm the quality of Love and give to it great expression. It caught us, the people that resonated to it. But we had too, to identificate with him, to learn to grow up from pain "inflicted" to us by others, to give back Love in return. Doing that we -like him- transmute denser energies to ones of greater vibration. He could not have a perfectly happy life if he was to teach all this.

The same happened with his illness. He overcome them as much as he could with courage and faith, bearing himself that heavy load alone, not playing the game of victim of Life, but just the contrary: a fine lesson too.

Just imagine if many, many of us would do this, we'd modify completly the dense energies in our planet, from negative to positive, breaking the actual expansive wave of negativity.

I feel so proud of the wonderful quality of his soul and the work I believe he came to do for all of us! We have only to watch him and learn...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

There are many who say that Elvis was unfaithful, pushed Pris away etc: and that he cheated on her all the time, married or not. She apparently believes that or perfers to let others believe that and since none of us or the others who think they know, were present when the two of them were together they also do not know every detail of their relationship. Elvis said he wanted to be faithful to his wife, whom he adored. He wanted kids and he wanted a home life, some place he could go and relax and be himself with someone who loved him as he was-just a man (Albeit a rather unusual man) in a hard demanding line of work and one he was absorbed by most of the time, plus he needed his friends around, didn't like to be alone and got restless if he didn't have someone there to talk to etc: and do things with-other men friends. Though he wanted to have time with his immediate family too, and that was seldom so it was hard on her and on him, maybe in different ways, but still a challenge they had to get past. I still say that "if" Elvis cheated from "day one" he said he didn't and he was almost always very honest about some pretty personal things. He changed she says after the baby was born-but wasn't it that he changed at the time he did the tv special and she began to change also, to see that he was going to be "leaving" them, going to be doing live shows and wasn't going to be home? And wasn't that about the same time that there were rumors of another man in her life that Elvis found out about? Was it that they both changed at the same time? I think it was that very thing-their lives changed-she was out of the "loop" due to his career and he was out of the home life "loop" for the same reason. I think that Elvis was unable to forget that there had been another man, several in fact before the divorce came to be-so in that respect it was his fault.
He had such high expectations, no female could live up to what he expected his wife to be at all times. Maybe because he had been expected to be perfect for so many years-tried to be perfect, to be Elvis Presley day in and day out-perfect and yet he knew he wasn't, he had faults and was the first to admit to them, but still his wife was perfect-he thought so. She was all he had ever looked for in a female, he said that to me and to others.
She turned out to be human, with needs and wants that he couldn't fulfill and when his idealist view of her was broken, he couldn't accept it even though he knew he was at fault in many ways. He finally admitted in 76 that he had not done everything he could have to save their marriage. He could have done better, spent more time with her, tried harder to understand and be there when she needed him. But he had that career-and it did come first in his life because it was the means to his very life style and hers, not to mention lots of others too. He was a business he said, a machine that couldn't break down or have repairs and be just as good again-it was now or nothing. He chose now-gave up his dreams of a home and family life with a wife and kids for that career.
It was too much for any one person to have to deal with-and especially difficult for one who thought he had to be perfect, strong and steady and take care of everyone. No human could live with that kind of pressure day and night for long without developing serious physical and emotional problems-he managed to pull it off from 21 years old to 42 and 1/2 years old-that was a major feat! Only a special, gifted human being could have done what he has done and have the legacy he has today still at the top of the heap.
They can trash him all they want, but the fact remains he was a nice guy, goodhearted, generous to a fault, hard worker, tried to live up to what he thought his public wanted and he strove to do good for everyone he met or heard about in any way he could. He loved his country, he loved his God and he tried to be a good example to others, he adored his daughter and tried to instill good memories and teachings like a good daddy and only at the end of his life and after his death was there any "trashing" done to his reputation
or image...and most of that won't "stick" because too many people can see that for what it is-"trash" from people who for whatever reason "need" to put him down. I am so proud of Elvis, of having been befriended by him for what ever his reasons were and I am humbled by having been given a opportunity to tell my story to many other people who "see through" the debri and want to know and understand the man "who would be king of Rock 'n Roll". Something he said he never dreamed of doing-"playin' rock 'n roll. Hell, it's just rhythm 'n blues with a little more beat to it. Always thought I'd just be a singer, one of a group ya know, singin' gospels an' goin' around doin' those kinds of shows. Man, never even thought 'bout rock 'n roll. Guess just kinda fell into it-then couldn't back up."
I guess so buddy, you never did "back up" very well when it came to taking care of your self. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Wanda for sharing your wonderful meaningful conversation with us!! :D
Thank you Amanda for the beautiful words!! :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, I want to respond to your insightful post. You bring up a good point that Elvis was a great example of someone who was able to rise above his suffereings.
But as I was meditating upon your words, Elvis' life and my own, some thoughts came to mind.

Sometimes we have sufferings because we do not listen to our intuition and so end up making poor choices. And we suffer the consequences of those choices. Yet God in His loving mercy can still bring about redemtion and learning even from our poor choices. However, just because we learn does not mean that we should not have listened to our intuition and gone a different road to begin with.

I say all this because what comes to mind is when Elvis' grandmother warned him that Priscilla would break his heart if he married her. She had nothing personal against Priscilla from what I can tell, but was acting upon her intuition. What if, and I say IF because I do not know God's perfect will for Elvis' but merely propose this as a possibility, God was trying to warn Elvis through his grandmother that Priscilla may not be the best match for him. What if Elvis, though a very intuitive man, had a blind spot here, and God's perfect will was that he not marry Priscilla. If indeed that was the case, and again I say IF, then even though Elvis was able to rise above his trials with Priscilla, does that necessarily mean he should have married her? Does it mean it was God's perfect will for him?
Maybe, maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
You bring up a good point that Elvis was a great example of someone who was able to rise above his suffereings.
Let me put it this way, Laurie: To me, a Master is the one who comes to teach in response to some human needs. The need convenes the means, so to speak. The conditions of the life of that Master have the right design from the start to "awaken" his masterhood. The circunstances of his life awake the echoes of his wise soul that will guide him through them, taking the chooses he needs to take, to go on developing the understanding of the time, situations and human conditions in which he most do his function..

I believe that nobody is able to go through life alone, without any help, even a Master. Every one has help coming from many different levels. I'm sure Elvis had a lot of help. I believe it is highly probable the energy we are generating in this Forum might help him in his lifetime as Elvis Presley. I have that strong intuition, if I leave apart the time line. In the sphere of BEING, we are sharing Love with him, a Love that feeds back each of us, him included.

Besides, if we look at his life with a positive understanding, from that sphere of BEING we feed the understanding he had as Elvis Presley.

I truly believe that every thought we have, act or emotion generates an energy that is atracted to some kind of reservoir of the same kind of energy. The BEING belongs to the level/vibration of LOVE. All our Beings feed from that field. Elvis did and we do, specially more if we attune ourselves to that field. It's out from Time, but we can reach it from our linear perception of LIFE.

I know I have gone very far away from your comment, Laurie. Please forgive me, but I can't help having that point of view. It's complex and extremely difficult to explain. Yet... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

too much to follow lately..well, whatever he said as his expectations from a wife, is the same I'd expect from a (never to be) husband..but I know these are unreal in a marriage and one of the reasons why I'm against marriage..but one thing I could have liked to discuss or argue with him,that a wife's obedience thing..since I 'm still having a difficulty in having obedience in life or creation itself,there's no way for me to agree with him on that subject.yet,.it would've been great to hear him answering me..pure pleasure just to listen to him.. :wink: but I'm with him when he mentioned the freedom he needed,also after being a married man..I understand him very well and still doubt if there were a "right woman" for such a free spirit.. :?

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next