It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis' Love Letters to Anita Wood-
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

ELVIS' LOVE LETTERS TO ANITA WOOD while he was stationed in Germany. She has released them, and they show how loving and caring Elvis really was then as well as throughout his life.

Link:

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisLoveLetters.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:01 pm 
Flame

Hi Wanda,
Thank you for the link. I came across them before, but forgot where.
I have trouble reading it though, am I the only one? But then I also have trouble reading my own somethimes ;)

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for posting this link for us Wanda. :D God bless his precious loving heart. :) I SO wish that our dear sweet Elvis would have been able to find his one lasting true love----someone that would have protected and shielded his tender heart with endless love for him and him alone. :( Raina dear you're not the only one who had a little bit of trouble reading Elvis's loving words. :wink: If you or anyone else would like, I have a transcription of that letter that I could type out here so that it's easier to read. :) Just let me know. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 am 

I also had trouble reading it. Eyes a aren't what they use to be. :D

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:01 am 
Flame

MaryInTheMorning wrote:
Raina dear you're not the only one who had a little bit of trouble reading Elvis's loving words. :wink: If you or anyone else would like, I have a transcription of that letter that I could type out here so that it's easier to read. :) Just let me know. :wink:

Yes please, I would like to see your transcript, if it is not too much work :D Thank you for your offer!

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

You are all more than welcome my dear angel friends, and it's no trouble at all. :D Here ya go gang---Elvis's loving words to his dear "Little"(as he affectionately called her :wink: ) :D

My Dearest Darling "Little",

Well here I am. Back out in the field for 30 days again and believe me it's miserable. There is only one consolation, and that is the fact that it's almost over, and I will come home to my career, friends, and most of all you my darling. Anita there are many things I can't tell you over the phone so I will try to tell you now. First of all I don't really know how you feel about me now because after all 2 years is a long time in a young girl's life. But I want you to know that in spite of our being apart I have developed a love for you that cannot be equaled or surpassed by anyone. My every thought is you my darling, every song I hear, every sunset reminds me of the happy and wonderful times we've spent together. I tell you this because I want you to know my feelings toward you have not changed, but instead has grown stronger that I ever thought it could. I have hurt you sometimes because I was mad at some of the things you did or I thought you did, but everytime these things happened I thought that maybe you only liked me for what I am, and didn't really love me for myself. These things happen in life baby, misunderstandings, heartbreaks and lonliness, but the fact remains, if it's really love Anita , if we really love each other it will last, and these things will be something of the past, although things will come up in the future that will hurt us both. They are to be expected. I have had feelings that in teh last few months something has happened as far as you're concerned, not only because you haven't written but by the sound of your voice when I talk to you. The warmth and love seems to have dimmed. It may be my imagination but you seem as though you have something to tell me but yet you're not sure. I hope I'm wrong. You know after going through what I have in the last 18 months you sometimes wonder if anyone really cares. Please believe me when I tell you it's you and only you my darling. But I think that you will keep your word, and tell me if you had grown to care for someone else and vice versa. I have been sleeping out on the ground, and I have a fever and tonsillitis again. I am listening to the radio and all the guys are sitting around with sad looks on their faces. Do you remember when you used to bounce for me and I would laugh so hard? Darling I pray that you haven't let your lonliness, passions, and desires make you do something that would hurt me. If you have it is better you tell me now. I can't believe you have or would. Well we are all counting the days until we come home. The reason I didn't want you there on the first night because in spite of the fact that I love my friends and relatives, when we first lay eyes on each other we will cling to each other like a vine. So I think some other peoplel might get their feelings hurt. So please understand honey. You have surprised me at how understanding you are. So darling if you still feel the same and if you love me and me alone we will have a great life together even though you hear things and read things. Just think as you said, everyone knows how I feel about you. I can't explain to you how I crave you and desire your lips and your body under me darling. I can feel it now. The things we did and the the desire we had for each other's body!!!
Remember darling, "True love holds its laurels through the ages no matter how loud the clamor of denial." That which deserves to live----lives.

Yours alone,
EP

Well there you have it. The lonely, loving and unsure words of our precious "Soldier Boy". :) Need to go cool my keyboard off as it started to overheat a little bit towards the end of his letter-lol! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 pm 

Thank you so much for posting this letter. It was almost as if I could hear him while I wwas reading it.

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I am glad you translated and posted it! What a good job too! He didn't change-24 years old then, and 42 years old later-still the same guy, insecure, unsure and longing for true love... I think he thought about Anita many times, he was always very careful what he said of their relaltionship, passing thing, etc: saw other girls etc: and he never once said anything else about her other than his mom and dad loved her, his mom wanted they two to marry and have kids running up and down the stairs of Graceland. But Col. Tom said he shouldn't get married and that he should play the field, it would help get his career "hot" again etc:. Mainly, the Col. didn't want anyone having any kind of control over Elvis other than his own-and he made sure Elvis didn't get too involved with any female. I think that he let him be close to Pris because she WAS too young to marry him etc: or have much influence and he knew Elvis wouldn't do anything to cause problems for his career and that she was just a kid in his eyes. He knew Elvis inside and out, and used it all to get what he wanted. Smart man actually, or is a better word "cunning"? Anyway, I loved Elvis letter, even the ending. He made me laugh about her bouncing for him and then waiting to the end to express just how much he wanted to be with her- they were waiting for marriage-he said, but it just didn't fit into the plans for his career at the time he got back. I asked him about Priscilla being a part of those later plans even at that time and he said no, she was a kid and he thought she was beautiful but that wasn't really it-he thought that he had been a fool to listen to people telling him what to do and it just kind of was a passing thing after all. He said he loved Priscilla, wanted to take care of her and it was some time before he fell in love with her and he said, "there is a difference, you know, really." He said in 73 that he needed a girl who was from the same kind of background as his own and then he met Linda-from Tennessee and she made him smile again. He said when he "discovered Anita" he had seen her picture in the paper, and he thought, Well, now there's a star!" And he wanted to meet her...she had a record out I think about that time. He thought she was a good singer as well as a beautiful young woman.
I read that letter and could barely keep from crying, I guess because of the lonliness and fear in his writing, he had lost his momma and he feared to lose his girl on top of that. He was still in shock from losing his mother I think, and as he said, the army helped him get his mind off "things"...but it was lonely, cold and he was sick quite often and worried about his voice as his throat swelled up and his tonsils got huge and he could barely swallow or talk sometimes. He didn't want them removing his tonsils and they nearly did! He wrote that letter before he had met his "Cilla".... I think he was in love with Anita and clinging to her memory with every particle of his being at that time in his life. Such a sweet, honest and caring letter, expressing himself well, in detail as was his style....and then ending with a "wow".
I received a letter from a young woman who had known him before the army days and she said he liked for her to jump up and down on his bed-fully clothed-there was no sex between them. And he would roll on the floor laughing. It was his birthday and she asked him what she could get him and he thought a minute and asked her to jump on the bed! I wonder if that is what he had Anita doing? Anyway, his letter is so Elvis, it is as if he were right here writing it for everyone to "hear" as they read it. He put himself right into it, just as he did his songs. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a heartfelt letter. I had read it before, but it was sure nice to read it it again in easy to read big print! Thank you Mari for taking the time to type it up for us. It must have been a tough decision on Anita's part as to whether to release it or not. It is something so personal from Elvis to her, yet perhaps Anita wanted the fans to see just what a tender hearted fellow Elvis was, that women were more than just candy to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

so sweet,tender, sad and Elvis this letter is..wish they had a chance together..at least she had something to share with him if there's no other,singing that is ..they could sing together..I guess it's important for marriages,to have at least one thing in common otherwise it becomes some kind of a mission then a burden.. don't know though,I'm not the marrying kind,thank God..but I believe ,that service thing harmed him in many ways..what a bright idea or a big plan I'd better say,to slow down a boy who was a huge" threat" for the American youth... :roll: :evil:

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next