It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Beautifull letter and many thnaks for the effort to type it out for us.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Mari! You helped to better understand what Elvis wrote to Anita Wood.

That heart of his seemed to need to express the love that filled and overflowed it. There was his great longing to share it, but I don't think it corresponded to his lifetime as Elvis to fullfil that need, but through his relationship with all his audiences. This way he was able to accomplish his function here in this realm.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda Viola wrote:
but I don't think it corresponded to his lifetime as Elvis to fullfil that need, but through his relationship with all his audiences. This way he was able to accomplish his function here in this realm.

Perhaps his unique destiny explains why Elvis did not have the successful quality movie career he had hoped for; meaning in a broader sense, regardless of Col. Parker's manipulation & control. Yes his movies made lots of money but he was rarely given high quality scripts. If he had been allowed to act in great movies, then he may never have returned to the live stage. So there appears to be a silver lining even with him doing the lightweight films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 am 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Amanda Viola wrote:
but I don't think it corresponded to his lifetime as Elvis to fullfil that need, but through his relationship with all his audiences. This way he was able to accomplish his function here in this realm.

Perhaps his unique destiny explains why Elvis did not have the successful quality movie career he had hoped for; meaning in a broader sense, regardless of Col. Parker's manipulation & control. Yes his movies made lots of money but he was rarely given high quality scripts. If he had been allowed to act in great movies, then he may never have returned to the live stage. So there appears to be a silver lining even with him doing the lightweight films.

I say AMEN and agree with what both you and Amanda said here Laurie. :D He had so much LOVE to give in that precious heart of his and the silver lining you mentioned Laurie was God's plan I believe to enable him to give ALL his love to ALL people thereby allowing him to feel that love in return. :D As for the transcription of the letter---I enjoyed doing it for all of you and it 'twas nothing---REALLY!! :wink: (Sorry Wanda, but I just couldn't resist. :P ) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am 
Flame

thank you for the transcript! :D

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:15 am 
Sun Dial

Her first date with Elvis:

I went on to Dance Party with Wink Martindale which was a Saturday programme for teenagers where George Klein worked. I really was not an Elvis fan before I met him but I was a disc jokey and I did play his records. Well, one particular Saturday Lamar Fike called me and said that Elvis would like to meet me and I told him that I was sorry but I already had a date for that night. I explained that I couldn't let my date down, Elvis wouldn't have liked it if it were him and I was very sorry.

A couple of weeks la ter Lamar called again and said Elvis would like a date and was I free that night. At the time I was living with a lady that I had met called Miss Patty who became a real mother figure to me and I told Lamar to ask Elvis to pick me up there and we set a time.When he came buy in his Cadillac, Elvis was driving. He sent George Klein up to the door, wich was a big mistake, and Miss Patty told him that she was sorry but Elvis would have to come himself if he wanted a date. Anyway, Elvis came back with George, this was just after he had made Loving You and he wore a red velvet shirt and looked very, very handsome. I must say that he was the best looking man that I have ever seen. Anyway, George made the introductions to me and to miss Patty who told them to have me back at a sensible hour or she wouldn't let me go. I went out to the Cadillac and ther was Lamar and a few other guys. We just drove around laughing and talking, having a great time.

Elvis got hungry so he stopped by the store for some hamburgers. We drove up to Graceland were I remeber he had a whole lot of teddy bears in the dining room. All of a sudden Elvis said "I want to show you my bedroom" and so we went upstairs and he started to kiss me. Now, this was the first date and his hands started to move were I thought they shouldn't so I said, "I think I need to go home now". He acted very real nice, we went down stairs and he took me home. And the secon date? The second date was a couple of nights later and we went up to Graceland again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for sharing this sweet and interesting story with us dear Kenya. :D

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2