It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis- "maybe can dream it an' be there!"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

One of the questions I asked Elvis in 76 and didn't get into the "interview" section of WR,E (space limitations).

Ques: "What would you do if you could do anything in the world that you wanted to do-got any thoughts about that?"

Elvis: "Awww....wellll.... that's a...hard one...difficult to-to- eh....It'd be somethin' I could do with ma family...eh... "Cilla 'n the baby...eh...Lisa- she tells me she ain' no baby-she's a big girl now...(Laughs) Maybe go to the Islands...be jus' us somewhere for a while 'n then have some friends over...eh...jus' family time -Is that what you meant? Or somethin' to do bein' Elvis?"

Ques: Yeah...but do you have an idea about being Elvis?

Elvis: (Snickers) lot's of 'em...how much time you got?
(Laughs)

Ques: Pick one or two...

Elvis: "Eh...well, always wanted to do somethin' in fim's...eh fi-lms....(Soft snicker) but...I'd like to go overseas...lots of people over there askin' me to come an' it'd be great! Could kinda combine it with some...seein' some sights, ya know...always wanted to-to go to the Holy Land...see where Jesus walked 'n all...ya know. Un....eh...Egypt too...tol' you 'bout that-huh?"

Ques: Yes-it was interesting about Memphis and Memphis (Memphis Egypt and Memphis, Tenn.) and both cities being near a big river too...do you still dream?

Elvis: (very softly) Yeahhh... some... You know it's gettin' late 'n I got to sleep really, gawd hope so anyway.

Ques: Okay...Just close your eyes and picture flying over the ocean and going to Europe and the Holy Land-picture what you want to see...that might relax your mind.

Elvis: Okay...good idea...maybe will dream it and be there!

end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Wanda for sharing this with us.

It is strange, yet moving and pleasurable to have access to Elvis "dreams" at a given moment of his life, both as Elvis the individual, as the public ELVIS, in his own words while talking with you. Both dreams talk much of what he was missing... :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm just sorry Elvis was not able to fulfill his dreams of visiting the Holy Land & Egypt and of touring overseas, at least when he was with us. I guess where he's at now, he can visit those places w/o limitations. You can bet Colonel Parker is not holding him back now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:07 am 

I like to think that Parker is not anywhere near him. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Quote:
Remember that Elvis said he had been killed as a young Civil War fighter, shot just below the sternum with one of those round balls shot out of early day rifles. He said very softly, "Man, it made a mess..." Then I could hear him shiver and breathing. He described things in detail-as if he could see what happened...

Wanda, This is a quote of yours from some other thread and my question was overlooked.
Do you know whether Elvis had the ability to "see" WILLINGLY some scenes from any of his past lifes, or did it just appear to him without wanting it!?

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Actually, I think he was referring to a past regression that was given to him when he was trying to find out all he could about his past, present and future-so he'd know exactly what his purpose for being, for having lived at all, might be. He was searching through every conceivable means of learning and understanding why he was here etc;. He thought maybe that was why he had the intestinal problems. I told him maybe it was just the career pressure and being nervous...he ignored my comment totally... I put his comments in the WR,E about the Holy Land and Egypt-of hoping to have been able to take Lisa and Priscilla and go see the sights when Lisa was older as she was when he mentioned it later but left the part above out because it was I thought, more important when he was talking about Lisa etc:. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks, Wanda, for your opinion!

Quote:
. He thought maybe that was why he had the intestinal problems. I told him I think it was just the career pressure and his diet...he ignored my comment totally...wjh

.....very typical of Elvis to deal with that kind of confrontation :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:10 am 
Site Admin

You asked if he did those things willingly or they just came to him-he had dreams he said, visions that came lilke movies, sometimes with sound some times not-and that it was so real at times, the blood, the terror and he didn't like having them like that-it was nightmares he said-he wondered if it were things he had done in his ancient past or something and wanted to find out...he thought very much that sometimes it was him in another life. It bothered him alot. I think his present time nightmares involved when he was a child and then when he was caught in crowds and nearly ripped limb from limb-that terrified him a time or two. He feared to be alone most of his life though...and in fact didn't want to be alone very much except when in his "home surroundings" and perferablly Graceland's home....his rooms upstairs were his favorite being alone places. He liked people, but he needed quiet time too and he didn't get it very often without going upstairs and locking his door. Sometimes he didn't answer the phones either.
I guess it must have driven some people nuts when he did those things-they must have wondered what on earth is he doing up there and how long can he stand it?
When probably he was enjoying being quiet and just hearing what he wanted to hear. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Another interesting thing about Memphis.. it means stability in hieroglyphics :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Totally agree with you Sue!
Thank you Gina!

Talia

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next