It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis' prayer
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dittie Rambo, the author of Elvis' song "If That Isn't Love" and Elvis' friend, is reported saying:

“Elvis carried the Bible and poetry on the road with him. He and I would sit and read the Bible and share passages, lyrics and poetry. He loved the Bible.

"Elvis would call me every morning at nine o'clock, and we'd pray. He gave me his Bible and wrote a prayer on a piece of red paper and said, "Now every morning we'll pray together on the phone. If I can't reach you we'll just repeat this prayer." I have it in his handwriting and I carry it with me all the time. Elvis was very dramatic about things. He said, "We'll take a deep breath and then we'll exhale and say, (recites prayer) Jesus light. Jesus peace and Jesus within." That's just a short prayer and it might not mean a lot to other people but it's a treasure to me. If we couldn't find each other I'd repeat that prayer out loud and just feel him near me.”

This above appears in the book "Writing For The King". To know more about it:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftdreview_w ... eking.html

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, thanks! I enjoyed reading your post. I'm so glad Elvis found a friend he could spiritually connect with and with whom he could pray. He certainly needed that as his inner circle did not offer him much in that respect. Elvis had actually signed a contract to sing many of Dottie Rambo's songs, but he died before being able to record the rest of her songs. I recall hearing Dottie speak of Elvis warmly in a TV special that was a tribute to Dottie's songwriting.

The "Writing for the King" sounds like a good book to get. I can just imagine all the interesting stories the songwriters would have to share. Elvis made an impression on everyone he met.
The book also includes 2 CD's as well, one with unreleased concert recordings and the other is what the original demos sounded like when Elvis heard them. You'll realize from listening to the demos just what a great interpreter Elvis was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that from Dottie Rambo-and Elvis' prayer which she still treasures. So great. It reminded me of one he said -though I don't recall it all...this was when there were other girls and myself in his bedroom in Bel Air...he was "lecturing" etc: and said a prayer at the end. What I remember is so similar to what Dottie has.
"Lord be our light. Lord guide our way. Lord be within. and something else but I don't remember the words then he said Amen. He touched each girl's face very gently and they left, some kissed his cheek, one his lips and got a "baby kiss" but he was ushuring them out quickly except for one whom he asked to stay as he had a book to give her and wanted to tell her about it. They stood in his doorway and he talked with her-she came out with him a few minutes later carrying two books and just beaming. And it's true he always had a Bible with him and usually poetry or something like Leaves of Gold or inspiritional short sayings etc;. And would jump at the chance to talk about those things though he seldom got that chance. There were instructions sent down from the Col. to keep him off such subjects you know and away from anyone who'd be interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda, thanks so much for posting that. :D What a sweet , beautiful and soul-touching prayer that is. :D So is the one that you remembered Wanda. :D It just makes my heart sing to know that Elvis did have someone he could connect with so deeply and spiritually. :D I truly feel like it was something as simple as having a person like that in his life that helped to complete Elvis the MAN, the HUMAN BEING, who in turn was able to help create "HIM" if that makes any sense?? :) The very core of his being I believe centered around his beautiful, loving and spiritual heart and it just breaks my own heart to know that he was made to feel like he had to keep that precious part of himself "at bay" so to speak. :( It's no wonder he jumped at the chance to discuss such things whenever he could like Wanda said. :P I also agree with you Laurie that this book "Writing for the King" sounds like a very good book and it definitely will be interesting to hear the wonders of Elvis's musical interpretation skills!!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Amanda, for sharing this !!!! It's beautiful!
Do you know in what year had these prayer with Dottie? :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You are welcome, my friends. It's really a pleasure to bring to the Forum new expressions of Elvis' spirituality for many people to know around the world.

Quote:
Do you know in what year had these prayer with Dottie?

In the review it was not signalled, Sarena. Maybe the date will appear in the book. But I don't have it... yet. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Most welcome, Sue-Lenora! And THANK YOU in return!! :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so very much dear Sue for bringing this back around again! :wink: :P :D It was so good and so very soothing and nourishing to my soul to be able to read and say these beautiful and loving prayers again that our dear Elvis cherished so much! :D :D :love: Dottie was so right---in saying these prayers again just now, not only did it allow a gentle peace to wash over me, but I also felt Elvis' sweet presence very nearby me too. :wink: :D :D :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm 
:( It Just makes me So Sad that Elvis never had the Chance because of Narrow Minded People to be able to have these Lecters, out side of his Bedroom. He would have been so Fantastic if he could of went to Collages and other Places, and spoke and let people see just want Elvis was Really About Spiritually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:52 am 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
:( It Just makes me So Sad that Elvis never had the Chance because of Narrow Minded People to be able to have these Lecters, out side of his Bedroom. He would have been so Fantastic if he could of went to Collages and other Places, and spoke and let people see just want Elvis was Really About Spiritually!

AMEN dear FairyTale! Very sad indeed, :cry: and oh how right you are about how fantastic and wonderful it would've been if he could've gone to the colleges, etc.....and other places our dear Wanda has told us he wanted to go to so he could speak and allow people to see and better understand his beautiful spiritual heart!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next