It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: nicknames dreamed up by Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I found this amusing sheet of paper with Elvis' scribbled notes on it ( from "The Elvis Treasures") :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

And here comments Elvis wrote on the front and back of RCA press release for his 1969 opening performance in Las Vegas:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

back side:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 am 
Site Admin

colonel genius parker :roll: ...ahhh Elvis had a good heart
Felton Jiveoos Jarvis now thats funny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Gina for posting those writings by Elvis-it's so him too-humor always. And his list of what was needed-with gator aid being biggest thing-he hated having to be concerned about overheating and dehydrating his "brain" as he said...he was right. When you do dehydrate too much for whatever reason, your brain swells because that's when you are in big trouble if you don't get water soon to stop the salt build up in your brain cells. He had experienced an episode of that in his early days and said he was dizzy for days and they told him he could have died or had brain damage if he had not been taken to the hospital and then put on IVs to get water into him faster. Anyway, after that he was very carefull. He printed like a child too...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Thanks Gina for posting those writings by Elvis-it's so him too-humor always. And his list of what was needed-with gator aid being biggest thing-he hated having to be concerned about overheating and dehydrating his "brain" as he said...he was right. When you do dehydrate too much for whatever reason, your brain swells because that's when you are in big trouble if you don't get water soon to stop the salt build up in your brain cells. He had experienced an episode of that in his early days and said he was dizzy for days and they told him he could have died or had brain damage if he had not been taken to the hospital and then put on IVs to get water into him faster. Anyway, after that he was very carefull. He printed like a child too...wjh

That happened to me today and i got this KILLLLER headache.. i had to drink ALOT of water before i can think stright once again (thats if i thought stright to begin with :wink: )
i didnt post the VERY funny nicknames Sarena must get the credit for that...thanks buddy :D

Post subject: Funny "nicknames dreamed up by Elvis "Crazy"
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Bringing this back around- it's interesting and funny - so Elvis too. Plus it's such hot weather around the country- it doesn't hurt to remind people to be careful and not get de-hydrated and swell up their brain! Elvis knew- he'd experienced it and said his head was swimming for days- wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

So glad you brought this one back around again too Wanda my dear angel as it is definitely a very good reminder for everyone to be careful and keep themselves properly hydrated especially in these long hot summer days. :wink: :) It was also great to see all of the notes that Elvis had written for himself. :D :D He had such a wonderful and fun-loving sense of humor and even seeing his child-like handwriting brings such a smile to my heart!! :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I don't know where I was supposed to be when Sarena first posted those funny and interesting pieces, but this is the first time I see them! THANK YOU, Wanda. :roll:

Just LOOOOVE his sense of humor and the way he took care of details. That "messy" thing when he wrote, has to do with an hyperactive brain with a very high IQ. Something similar happened with my son.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:06 pm 
:lol: :lol: You know Wanda Elvis would have made a very Good Doctor because he spelled like one! But I Love him Madly anyway, like he said about reading Music in my Business you don't have to. Believe me if he couldn't spell a lick it wouldn't have mattered to me, I would have Dearly Loved to have spelled for Him! FairyTale! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]