All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Rare Interview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:07 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbnXNDgFTX8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Poor Elvis he looks soo sick and unhappy (or tierd) :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

He had worked hard getting in shape, to look good as it was such a world wide show-and he was excited to be able to do the first one of that kind. He was expecting Lisa and Priscilla to come, he wanted them his family, there to support him because he was nervous and it was a big deal to him. He wasn't sure they would be there-but he had hope...he was just trying to be himself on that interview, no hpye or glitz and meant what he said, try to do a good show, pure entertainment and no messages etc: as he was warned about that since so many people from other countries would be seeing it. He was told not to speak or perform religious songs-so he did just the one which he had been doing and they didn't cut it out I don't think, though they might have in some other countries??? Don't know. He had glaucoma, his head and eyes were bothering him alot and he said he couldn't think clearly for the pressure in his eye-and he had a detatched retina happen then too-so he was fighting some physical things as well as trying to do a good show. He was more subdued, trying to be more adult and not embarasse his daughter etc:...who had told him he was too old to be a rock star etc; and didn't want him acting like the crazy bands out in that time...
So she wanted him to be the best, to look great and to be dignified and wow them with his vocals and his great looks... So he tried to be sophistated and professional for her and just teased the adience a little bit in a subdued way like in Fever.... He was hurt that they didn't come over, but he got through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
He was more subdued, trying to be more adult and not embarasse his daughter etc:...who had told him he was too old to be a rock star etc; and didn't want him acting like the crazy bands out in that time....

that brought a smile to my face..she does that now..shes a rock star :lol:

Wanda June Hill wrote:

So she wanted him to be the best, to look great and to be dignified and wow them with his vocals and his great looks... So he tried to be sophistated and professional for her and just teased the adience a little bit in a subdued way like in Fever.... He was hurt that they didn't come over, but he got through it.

Doesnt every little girl...she must have been the proudest little girl in the world to have him as her daddy....Poor Elvis wanted his family there, life is pretty cruel isnt it and he was very hopeful and believed in the goodness of people but well...they didnt come :roll: there cant be a good reason for that im sure :!: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Just a few months ago, (he got a book)-I spoke with a guy who worked for that show, one of the guys running equipment etc:...he said that Lisa was there after the show-that Elvis and her were together in Hawaii for a few days-he didn't think his wife came but he saw Lisa Marie and he was sure it was her though he didn't get to be close or talk with Elvis at that time-they were getting into the limo and going somewhere on the Island. He was at the same hotel apparently, that Elvis was staying for the show-though Elvis knew somebody there and used their home I thought he said. I don't know now-Elvis never said Lisa came over-after getting past the waiting etc: and he never spoke about it again after asking if we saw the show when it ran later. I didn't ask things that I thought would get him in a down mood if I could help it. See, I am just as guilty in "shielding and protecting him from bad things" as anyone around him ever was...so I can't point the finger at anyone unless at me first. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
See, I am just as guilty in "shielding and protecting him from bad things" as anyone around him ever was...so I can't point the finger at anyone unless at me first. wjh

It's easily understandable Wanda. Yet you are quite honest making that statement.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 am 
Site Admin

Wanda if you are "guilty" of anything then the only thing you are guilty of is being a great and protective friend and for that i salute you dear friend :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It must have been devastating for him to accept that Pris was not coming for such an important event in his life. Would have been a perfect chance for them to have a good time together with Lisa.

But Linda was there..

What if Pris had decided to come what would they have done with Linda :P

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

ALNA wrote:
But Linda was there..

What if Pris had decided to come what would they have done with Linda :P

Maybe thats why she didnt go :?

If she did that would have been vicously funny to watch :lol: first thing that comes to mind ((CAT FIGHT)) hahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

She would have been included in the "family time"...that's how he was inclined to be...he wanted his little girl there and Pris because they were family and it was a big deal to him-Linda was a friend...she would have been included as such. He wouldn't have thought anything about it...he just wanted Lisa to be a part of the whole thing and to get her and Pris there would have been better for him. He was hoping still at that point in time to get things patched up with Priscilla-even with Linda there he still wanted to have a relationship with Priscilla that was like "family" and it wasn't happening at that time. Linda knew she had a rival...Priscilla...for his affections and she knew it was never going to be gone for good and that she'd always have to deal with that and she accepted it and dealt with it like the intelligent lady she was...Priscilla couldn't stand her because she made Elvis happy and she could be with him day and night and live the life etc:...and she, Pris couldn't stand that life much at all. But Linda didn't know the other Elvis-she only knew the performer guy-it did make a huge difference. Really. Even he admitted he was different though he said it was always there, he just wasn't using it in the movies etc:... whatever that meant. wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next