It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Interview
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 am 
Sun Dial

Elvis may have been very tired, but what I always sensed was that he was really overwhelmed with the whole prospect of performing live for the world! And very humbled by how many countries and people would be watching. Near the end of the Aloha rehearsal concert, he tells the audience that they'd be going out live the next night, "and I need all the help I can get!" He really did seem nervous about it. In that first concert, he messed up the lyrics to so many songs, but when it really counted the next night, he nailed 'em! :D I 'm proud of him for what he did. He always set the standard. I'll always wish, though, that he could've gone on tour around the world.

Post subject: Re: Interview
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda Mc wrote:
Elvis may have been very tired, but what I always sensed was that he was really overwhelmed with the whole prospect of performing live for the world! And very humbled by how many countries and people would be watching. Near the end of the Aloha rehearsal concert, he tells the audience that they'd be going out live the next night, "and I need all the help I can get!" He really did seem nervous about it. In that first concert, he messed up the lyrics to so many songs, but when it really counted the next night, he nailed 'em! :D I 'm proud of him for what he did. He always set the standard. I'll always wish, though, that he could've gone on tour around the world.

Wonderful post Wanda Mc! :D I also completely agree with the last part of your post too. :D Like dear Sue said though, I guess it just wasn't fated to happen for Elvis to go on the world tour that he so longed to do. :( As much as Elvis wanted that to happen, God had His reasons for not allowing it to be and thankfully Elvis knows what they were now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
As much as Elvis wanted that to happen, God had His reasons for not allowing it to be and thankfully Elvis knows what they were now.

AMEN! :D

I feel I speak here for all of us too when I say: would only have been happy and feel comfortable for Elvis to have done a world tour if he'd been 100% happy, healthy and WANTING to travel and tour the world, having the chance to not only do those tours BUT to see the world as he'd wished as well!, at the same time! But then, how possible would that have been without everyone bothering and hassling Elvis all the time, publicity and so on?! Not easy, I think!

AMEN to what you have said here too my dear friend! :D I agree also that unfortunately it probably would have been pretty hard for him to actually "see" the world as he was touring due to his immense popularity and being bothered or hassled like you mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

You are most welcome my dear friend!:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

:D :D

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2