It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Joke's on Daddy...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:28 am 
Site Admin

Wanda: Do you get tired of being "hit on"?
Elivs: Eh---that's a loaded question! I could make a lot of females angry right here now. Maybe we'd best skip that one!
W: You think so-huh?
E: I know so! I know so!
W: Chicken.
E: Hey-you know I do-so don't say that!
W: I won't...and yes, I know you must. Just one more-what REALLY tuns you off about...the women who hit on you?
E: Well, what really does it...eh...I guess, guess it'd have to be...the ones who are...unlady l ike about it...you know, they com around lookin' so fine, 'n then start sayin' things that'd curdle milk, you know? One time this woman...she was the wife of some...eh...city official where we were playing...'n she started comin' on to me right in front of Daddy...An we're standin' there 'n she's all over me, talkin' in my ear and sayin' things loud enough he was hearin' it. He was lookin' at me 'n I'm lookin' at him see, n' so I jus' turned her 'round and shoved her toward him an' walked off fast. Man, it was funny! Should of seen the look on his face!

Post subject: "Cilla" what he said to the press and to others-
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

"I was very lucky when I met her-it was-was special, something that I never expected or forgot about. She was very young-15 years old and...yet very mature and confidant and...an' she walked in an' my heart went...
ZING!" (lLaughs softly, snickers)

"I didn't expect to have this happen at that time-no. But then as we talked, she wrote to me, an' I phoned her-and time passed. She came over to visit and we became friends first, an' then fell in love. That's the only way it will work, you have to be friends-to like each other, and otherwise that attraction, the thing we call love, won't last. It can't because as time passes, people change and if there isn't a feeling of liking, of truly caring and liking that person, then you won't like the changes, or else they won't like yours-its a tolerance that grows, matures along with liking individual-love stays then because the foundation is present-that is my belief."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:05 am 
Pharaoah

What he said was true and sweet indeed, but nevertheless he made a mistake by chosing Priscilla. Eventually she left him and hurt him. I truly believe he loved her more than anything. It looks as if he gave up on life, after she had left him.

Post subject: giving up on life-
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi, I think he didn't actually give up on life-he had hope of having more children, having a happy marriage but he soon realized his career had so obsorbed his life, so limited his ability to be "normal" and that it would be too difficult for any woman to put up with and be happy. He thought too, that if he waited his wife would learn what it was like "out there" and want to return to him, he had hope he could get out of that kind of life, that when it was said and done, he would have more time. He talked of that, of making movies again so he'd have a better chance for a schedule that would give him a home life with family, but that soon proved just a dream. If his health had been properly cared for, and there could have been other doctors but too late he tried to get a grip on it and there wasn't anything else he would do or could do at that point so he just gave it all he had and took the blows that came one after another about how he looked, etc: and other things. I know he knew was going to die soon-even if I didn't hear him say it, it was pretty obvious by his appearance and the fact he made out a will-legally and that was so unusual for him-he who was so full of life and energy most of his life-I think he had been told the truth by some doctor he believed in and that was what he wanted to hear at that point, not lies and drugs that temporarily made him feel good-and killed him slowly. I can't say for sure what went on, but I have ideas about it-that's all. Only Elvis knew and he didn't reveal everything to anyone apparently. He stood like the oak he tried to be and took whatever came his way with graceful bending and weaving like those trees do in any storm. Finally, though even oak trees will uproot if they are watered too much-and Elvis had a million plus tears all over the world shed for him and even his own-before he died as well as after and still we cry. He loved life, his life for so long, and he gave it all to us-forever while we live and I think we'll see him when we die...he promised. He kept his word and he didn't lie. Wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:35 pm 
Pharaoah

I guess he understood that with the kind of life he lived having a family was difficult. He must have realised he'd never have 'a normal life'.
But surely he didn't consider stopping singing?
Singing was his life, wasn't it?

It is difficult to believe that he would go back to making movies. He wasn't pleased at all with the kind of movies he got to do. I don't think he would have gone back to that.

As for seeing him when we after we've died, I can't wait.

Post subject: movies
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

He was talking about making movies and forming his own company to do it-not formula type movies as he had been doing in the past. But real, good movies that told a story and gave people something back. The first one was to be on Karate-I have no idea what or how but he was excited about it and said, you'll have to see it and then you'll understand-I can't tell you now. So it was in the works, but never got done due to his health. He wanted to have the choice of where to sing, and when, he wanted to sing in smaller arenas, wanted to go to Europe and perform, wanted to be able to choose where and when...like anyone would. But he wasn't able to do that and those around him, if you read Maia's report on her last concert in Vegas August 75, you will see that many of the people around him, his friends, were more into drinking, partying and having their type of fun while Elvis was either sleeping in his room or trying to feel better to get up and work on stage. He shouldn't hve been there-he was ill and yet he couldn't cancel it-and he had to do it-finally he was too ill to work and was taken to the hospital-but he finished that gig and did double shows and triple shows to do it. Sure he felt badly that fans had their shows cancelled and some were mad at him for that, but he tried so hard to do it-he couldn't breathe, his colon was swollen, wasn't working and he couldn't get any air to sing plus it hurt- he went off stage several times when we saw him, stayed a few moments and then returned-some said he was vomiting, and he did that one night we saw him and some say he went back and bent over double in pain and a doctor quickly injected him with something-probably some kind of pain killer or muscle relaxer-right into his left abdomen under his ribs. The one who told me that was standing near and said the needle was the longest damn thing he'd ever seen used and it went into Elvis' gut -probably the muscles around his transverse colon where the problem tended to be. Elvis will be doing what he wants now, he's visiting people who need him and he will comfort those who want it from him. Sometimes if you try to make something happen, it never does. it's best to take it slow and relax and just think, tonight I will be so happy and wake up tomorrow and remember my dreams with joy and if Elvis comes in my dreames, I will remember.
Sometimes we don't remember-because we try to hard to do so. I always dream of things if I don't try-I haven't of him a in while-but I know he's very busy with others...so many need his help and that's what he was here for-to bring help, joy, love and happiness with his talents, his tenderness and his sense of humor. Wjh

Post subject: in dreams
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:10 pm 
Picking up on Wanda's point about dreaming, my dream about Elvis was strange and sweet. I'm really keen (when awake!) on baking cakes and pies and in my dream I was in a hotel lobby in the 1950's where Elvis was staying. He was sitting there kind of relaxing, looking very young and a bit pale and spotty! I asked him a question, "what do you like?" meaning what kind of cakes/pies do you like because in my dream I wanted to bake him something (don't we all want to "spoil" Elvis!). He replied in just the voice he had, "I like everything ..." meaning he liked lots of different cakes and pies.

On waking I thought the dream nice but inaccurate because I believed that in the 1950's Elvis hadn't stayed in hotels at least not in the early days before the 1956 breakthrough (and my dream was the "early days"). But recently I read something where it said Elvis was sometimes staying in hotels early on. That surprised me as I'd seen it in a dream while not knowing it in life.

True, we can't and shouldn't "coax" dreams. But they can come as a gift from God. And when they do, it's beautiful.
love
Deborah

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Deborah, that was a great dream actually- the dream book I used to have I remember it said that "baking things or cooking things" in dreams usually means the process of thinking, learning and investigating something important-something you can control by "making it happen" in your thoughts and actions. So, in the dream you were doing what you are doing-finding out as much as possible about Elvis-who was in your dream saying he "liked everything" because he would-he would want you and others to "find out" what he was about and to learn things through him and with him-for that was his purpose he said, "to reach people, to give them happiness and joy and rest from everyday things-" so that dream book may have "hit it right on the head"?
You think? wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]