It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: 'Cilla from Elvis-1967-76
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Press statements made by Elvis-
"She knows me very well-she understands how it is for me in the business-and she supports me in all that I do. I can go to her, tell her something I'm worried about and she'll give me a different view, yet she doesn't try to tell me what to do. I couldn't be happy with a woman who did that-however gentle coaxing will get me to come around to about any situation. (Laughs) She's smart enough to know that already-and I appreciate that."
"She is... very important to me-to my happiness in that she provides a place of quiet, peacefulness, something you really begin to miss in this business-or any tipe where there is much discord, and eh- turmoil. She is good for me, for my ego and for my peace of mind."

"She stays home because of the baby, and because I prefer her to be there as I am so busy usually, or I'm too tired out for being much company- my hours are upside down to her routine and the baby's, so it works out best for her to come over a day or two and then go home. She understands how I am when I'm working and it's not a problem. I realize she gets lonely, always waiting on me, but that's my lifestyle-something she has adjusted to and handles well for one so young."

"She is beautiful, isn't she? Man, she always looks great-no matter what time of day it is, or what's been happening. I can look at over at her and she takes my breath away! I'm always thrilled to see her walk into a room-to know that someone that good, that sweet and beautiful as she is, could love me!"

1967-to May Mann, just before he had given Cilla the ring marking their engagement-

"She is very young, there is a lot she will learn over the
years as she grows to maturity and wisdom, and she'll change, not too much I hope, but since I love her, I'm sure that I will be able to make the changes necessary to suit her maturity. It will be me who has to make the adjustments as I'm older, my life is formed and hers is still in the budding stage. I'm willing to make the moves, because she is worth it."

"Priscilla and I will always be friends-we have a baby to raise and because of that fact, and our love for each other, we'll always make the most of understanding and being there for each other. We're apart, living separately, but I still care for her and she cares for me. That'll never change."

"Priscilla has her own life to live-different from mine and one she is forming to fill her needs in life. I can only wish her well, and be there for her should she need me in some way-be it advice or help. I'll always care for her-I hope she'll know that she can always come to me for anything."

"I'll always love Priscilla-she is my wife... we're apart... but she is the mother of my baby... I love her, I always will."

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Tue May 16, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

He must have loved her very much.
What a lucky women she was.

Too bad she didn't appreciate it more back then.
Riley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

HE WAS TOO GOOD..I "MEAN" TOO GOOD TO SOME PEOPLE. :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:41 pm 
In 1973, after he filed for a divorce at her insistance, he stood on the stage in Vegas, introduced her saying she was my beautiful...eh wife. Then he kind of looked down, then out at what ever he saw from up there, and said in a carefully chosen way, hesitant even, that there were stories going around, that the song You Gave Me A Mountain was something he did because of-of... then he said, It's nothing like that, like my life or the fact she and I are divorcing. There was no other woman...or other man ...it wasn't like that... things just weren't working out with what she wanted and what I eh- do, you know, gone all the time. So...this is best. And we still care for each other...just wanted you all to know that it isn't anybody's fault..." And then he looked around kind of like he should have shut up, and then the band was playing the next song and he went into that. He looked almost like he might cry but he turned from the audience and played with the band, directing them a little to cover the awkward moment.
He stood up there in the spotlight and lied to cover for her-to make things better for her-I'm sure she told him she was being "crucified" by his fans as there was quite a bit of that going on even fan mail to her! There wasn't any body in the audience applauding his statement either
and I was never at one where he said something and didn't get applause...the place was dead quiet-probably scared him it was so still when he finished talking. It was kind of funny that Priscilla got up and left during the song. Lisa apparently wasn't with her or there at all at that time-though she was there later with Linda out at the pool - there were a couple other young kids with her-some of the guys' children proabably. I felt so sorry for Elvis because he stood up there and tried to make things smooth over for Pris' sake-she probably asked or rather, wanted him to do something-they were after all HIS fans who were badgering her! I heard that he did it at concerts in other places also- so I'm sure she cried the blues about his fans thoughts of her leaving him...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Although I wasn't at that particular show, I heard a tape of it...him making that statement about "Mountain". It was sad to here and yet his voice was full of love as well as pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:00 am 
hello i'm new from chile my name is daniela
priscilla was a lucky girl because elvis really loved her but he wasn't the best husband in the world and i think he regret that but he never change.

On the concert on 74 desert storm is when he introduces her and also dedicated the song that was new IT's Midnight he said "listen cilla" even when his girlfriend sheila ryan was also there and also when he sang you gave me a mountain he scream she took my reason for living but then he said the song it's not about the divorce and that they were friends and always will be , he also talk about the paternity suit there and said that was a lied he only took a pic with the girl and that the name tha girl said he was with his wife so no way he was with her. And he also talked about mike stone , elvis was really angry in that concert and talked about everything the drug problem, karate, and other stuff.

I think both love each other but as elvis said the divorce was about living separate lifes because of his tour he said he was traveling so much and gone so much, but i think he could had tried to change them but he didn't.
You can see how much he loved her when he gave the surprise birthday party and she was crying and he was so sweet and happy for her with his smile or when they are on hawai and they are on the beach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 am 
Owl

I'm the same person from chile
this is what charlie hodge said about elvis meeting priscilla:Yes, I was. Yes, I was. And when she left that evening when she was over there, he looked at me, and he said, "Charlie, did you see the structure of her face?" He said, "It's like almost like everything I've ever looked for in a woman." And her dad, at that time, was a captain. And eventually, different ones of us would ride with each other going up to take her back to the post when she'd come down to visit Elvis. But that first meeting with Priscilla was something else. Like I said, he was just in enraptured, you know, looking at her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with the loving her part very much. Elvis loved and respected Priscilla very much, no doubt about it...

BUT being not such a good husband to her :roll: I think you will have to learn a lot about that last one, sorry to say so.

I'm not going to say more, that is a promis I made to some people I can only sayI used to think like that too and I really was a huge Priscilla fan too until I really opened my eyes and ears and took the time to find out what really happened between those two.

Read a lot on various forums and books etc...

Don't stick to the fairy tale story only. I agree very nice, two very handsome people having everything to be happy but I'm afraid that is not the whole picture.

Just my advice of course :wink:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:39 am 
Owl

I'm not saying priscilla was the best wife or that cause she knows how elvis was before they married and she was the perfect wife she also had boyfriends while she was with elvis in the last year but even when i love Elvis with all my heart i don't think he was a good husband even when you read joe esposito, jerry and the others guys they said they were the best guys they all cheat they wifes and all that even elvis himself i think felt in some way guilty for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:51 am 
This piece of interview might open a pandora's box for you :wink:

"Elvis was faithful to me during our marriage. I cheated on him. He passed a lie detector test and until he learned of my indiscretions, Elvis never cheated. Only after I left him. Elvis was a loving, sincere man who respected his home and family. His career took him away from us and being so young and naive I thought wrongly that he just didn’t care anymore. Had I known then what I do now about this business, I would have been more patient, more able to help him

Page 1 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next