It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

So beautiful, sad and yet HIS LIFE, as he said.

Post subject: His life
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

That's right, it certainly was his life and he loved it passionantly even with it's ups and downs. If he'd had the choice-I KNOW he would have stayed in that life and with all the pain and upsets too. He loved being Elvis Presley and said so many times, still sometimes he missed having a "regular" life though he said he couldn't remember alot about what a regular life was like. He had been into music since he was 18 years old and didn't like working jobs not related to music and singing.
He said in the interview that he "suffered from melomania but I practice melodiotherapy everywhere I go, an' it's not dirty." I had to look through a medical dictionary to find out what those two things were-the first one is someone who is "mad" about music, obsessed with it, insane over music....he could have been a bit of that I guess-it meant more to him than food at times. And the second is one who goes about the countryside singing, imparting wisdom through musical arrangements and practicing mental relaxation, and pleasant experiences through musical accomplishments. I'd say that was him-and his music.
He had it exactly correct- where he came up with that I'll never know! Of course, he did buy a medical doctor's complete medical library and I guess it was pretty huge...
with all types of books relating to physical problems and human conditions including those of the mind. So maybe he found it in there. The dictionary I looked in was reprinted in 1962 and had been in print since 1937.
He had been up all night, he knew I'd be awake at 4.00 am as Jimmie went to work very early. And I usually went back to bed for a while and read until time to get up for the day. He said when he called, "I been waitin' for 'bout an hour an' a half so I could call you but it sure seemed longer-gawd, don't like bein' alone some times...can't stand ma own company, guess." He didn't know anyone else who was nutty enough up that early other than me-So I said, wow, I feel so special! And he cracked up giggling....he was lonely, everyone was asleep as they had just come in and were dead tired-except him...of course. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

WELL I'M MORE THAN NUTTY ABOUT MY SLEEPING HOURS..HE CAN CALL ME ANYTIME.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure he wouldn't have change to be himself with anything else..yet litttle things could have made it easier for him ,and it took some more caring people to give him this opportunity(or escapes) to be in a more normal environment for a little longer time..then he could have go back to be Elvis again..he needed help for this I guess..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
jus' right in the middle was nothin' but a big purpleblack hole an' couldn't see nothin' but that...

Is Elvis saying here that everything went totally black for him during the middle of the concert? He couldn't see a thing? That must have been scary. It's amazing he kept going as well as he did. He was long suffering and had tremendous will power & faith.

Thankfully he had you Wanda to talk to; someone he could enjoy chatting with and who would not add to his load of troubles as some of those around him did.

Post subject: lost vision
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't think about that-he might have meant that --I thought it happened when he left the stage-he couldn't see like when coming in out of the bright sunlight into a dark room or something? He only said what I posted so I havent an answer about that. At least he had a young lady who had some smarts and helped him, doing what he asked and NOT telling anyone as he didn't want them to know apparently. He said he didn't tell anyone-that she helped him. And after a few hours it was alright again. I guess though that the young lady must have cared about him, enough that she cried which I'm sure must have hurt him deeply that he caused her to be so upset. We knew a couple security guards who worked in Anahiem and one who was also hired in Long Beach who say he was "totally blinded" when he came off stage-at the mercy of his men to guide him and get him safely away.
The guy from Anahiem had tears in his eyes talking about how "weak Elvis appeared" before the show-then how amazed he was to see him "pull it together" and "become Elvis Presley, the King" was his words...he was the brother in law of a neighbor we used to have...
so we got to talk with him quite a bit after the show and we all went to get some coffee, etc: together. He just couldn't say enough good things about Elvis, how kind he was, what a gentleman and that he wasn't like any guy he had ever seen before. I remember one of our friends making a comment about the guy "sounded like he was talking about a god, or something" and he sure did-he looked it also...like he'd seen the gates of glory or something.
Elvis was staying at the home in Bev. Hills most likely or he may have gone to Palm Springs, now I don't know for sure, after Anahiem...Lisa was there at the show and at Long Beach as well if my memory is correct. And he was spending as much time with Lisa as he could.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I can't thank you enough -ever- for being there for him, to make things easier for him, for cheering him up, Wanda!

Elvis kept so much to himself that needed a way to lessen the pression, not to blow up totally. You were strong enough, balanced enough, to stand it and he knew. Fortunately he knew.

You helped him to be able to appear in front of the world like he did, whole and giving, after taking a little of what he needed from you and a few others that could do that function for him.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

Thanks for that telephone conversation.

You really have a treasure full of memories.

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:14 am 
Site Admin

My thanks to you also Wanda for posting that. :) It is truly an example of a sweet loving soul filled with such anguish yet at the same so willing to take on even more. It also shows the true "heart light" of the very special friendship that the 2 of you shared. :D He knew he could count on you to be there for him Wanda when he needed light of love and friendship shed on him during some of his darker times and you never let him down. :) God bless you always for that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

I think that even after 30years you will never get used to the silence of your phone.

Never hearing him again must be hard for you.

Especially around those special days, like christmas, anniversary, etc.

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: miss him
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, we miss him alot. I miss him most around my birthday because of the ring etc; and I miss him just saying hello, laughing at him laughing, and now that I've opened that door again, its not good for this time of year-the last time we saw him perform in Anahiem and the last time he called and was near by, and then the last times we saw him in Vegas in December-pretty much ruins Christmas season for the three of us and for me who was the one who usually got the Christmas thing going around here. This year will be better. wjh

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next