It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: memories
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:)
I believe I am doing some walking on memory lane today. Elvis once said: " My music appears to make the crowd go wild. I mean, if the people like it, they feel it. In other words, they can't sit still when they hear it."
I wonder if he REALLY had any idea how lasting those few simplified words would be??
Who can hear 'Jailhouse Rock' or 'Viva Las Vegas' and not want to move with the music that makes even some of us older ones still move our bodies as the music plays??
I was in a Kmart store the other day and 'Return to Sender' came on Kmart's piped in music and my body was moving differently even as I looked at clothes for our 'jelly bean' coming in May!!
The radio station Kmart uses actually plays a lot of Elvis songs and that makes my heart smile and when I hear a child shopping with someone my age ask "Who is that singing that song?" a knowing smile appears on the face of the person who then begins to talk about a guy named Elvis and I smile and eye contact says the rest!! :) :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: memories
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 am 
Sun Dial

This morning I was thinking and thinking about Elvis. (when am I not? :D ) As I have said before, I almost never hear Elvis songs on the radio or TV, but this morning I was watching the movie Pleasantville, which takes place in the 50's. I was here on ELC while watching the movie and all of a sudden the song Teddy Bear was playing in the movie. I think that our friend Elvis may have been saying hello to me at that point because to hear his songs around here is so rare. What a nice surprise! :bouncy: (A) Usually when something like this happens he makes appearences around me for a few weeks. I almost feel like I will have a house guest for a few weeks, namely Elvis. Lucky me. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lucky you for sure!! :bouncy:

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:12 pm 
:lol: Yes Ladies Our Man E does give all of us a Surprise every nowand then, I have had the same thing Happen to me. When I'm in a Store, or I hear someone singing a Elvis Song. Hey Laura when Elvis get's done Visiting you, send him on Down here to My house in Virginia! :lol:

Last edited by FairyTale on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 am 
Sun Dial

It's done FairyTale. I won't keep him for too long so that you can have him too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 pm 
:D Thanks Laura I heard Elvis yesterday in Wal Mart singing White Christmas!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:47 pm 
Sun Dial

He always wanted to get back across the pond again. This would be his chance. We should set up one of those tracking systems like they do for airline flights. The difference would be that all ELC members would be able to track whose house and what country Elvis would be in. It would take him years to get back to heaven if he was going to visit all of us. haha! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:31 pm 
:lol: :lol: Shoot they Track Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, so why couldn't there be a A Elvis Tracking! :lol: :hug:

Last edited by FairyTale on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 am 
Sun Dial

Yesterday I was in Toys R Us and heard Walking in Memphis. It's funny because I was sooo tired and crabby but trudged on. When I heard this song I told my mother in law (I took her Christmas shopping) that Elvis wanted to put me in a good mood again, so he had them play this song. Ha ha! I do have to say that after hearing this song I had more of a spring in my step. My mother in law thinks I have totally gone crackers.

Well, as I have said before, I hardly ever hear Elvis songs here and this is the second time in a week I have heard one and I heard another a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm 
Sun Dial

Yesterday, I heard Walking in Memphis again on my car radio and when I went to visit my neighbor Blue Christmas was on her radio. This is wild. Now I have no doubt he is telling me to keep my chin up. He comes on the radio to remind me. It's an Elvis, bear hug each time I hear one of his songs. :D He's my guardian angel lately.

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next