It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis quote
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is one of many quotes attributed to Elvis: On truth. " It's like the sun--you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away."

This is so true. Truth for some individuals is a hard concept to face but Elvis was spot on with this quote. If an individual can not or will not face truths then he or she is not being honest with herself or himself.
Marjorie

Last edited by 73smile on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: Elvis quote
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

73smile wrote:
This is one of many quotes attributed to Ekvis: On truth. " It's like the sun--you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away."

This is so true. Truth for some individuals is a hard concept to face but Elvis was spot on with this quote. If an individual can not or will not face truths then he or she is not being honest with herself or himself.
Marjorie

AMEN dear Marjorie!!! :D :D This is what I've been dealing with in regards to the problem that I've been having with my friend that I have mentioned here at ELC recently---trying to help her see the truth about how she is dealing with certain things in her life. :roll: :( :? Even though she keeps wanting to try and shut it out, as our dear Elvis said "it ain't going away." AMEN sweet Elvis!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 am 
Yes, I found this quote on my Elvis day-by-day calender, too. :D It's very profound.

Mari, I can relate to your concerns about your friend. It's so hard for all of us to come to terms with truth sometimes, and maybe even HARDER for our loved ones to watch us struggles with our delusions. But life is always beautiful underneath it all, and ready to bloom when the time is right, I think. So I keep hopeful :D and I suspect you do, too! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I keep hopeful too dear angel and to everything you said in your beautiful post I say AMEN!!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Sue my dear angel and I say a BIG AMEN to your beautiful post ringing with such sweet truth and love!!!! :D :D :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:40 pm 
Has Our Lord said all you have to have is Faith as Small as a Mustard Seed, and you can move Mountains! All you have to do is put your Faith and Trust in the Lord and He Well Take Care of The Rest! :wink: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

AMEN on that from me dear FairyTale!!!! :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]