It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis' Favorite Bible Verses!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I thought I would bring this back in case someone hasn't read it!
Report this post
[It's late, he's not sleeping-should have as it's about noon in Vegas; he's reading his Bible to me, looking up things and often quoting most from memory before he finds the place. Linda is asleep but he just could not stop thinking long enough to sleep- so he said, "one of the best sleep aids is letting the word of God runover what's goin' on in your head.]

Wanda: Elvis, of all the Bible verses, sayings of Jesus, the Christ, which one or ones, do you believe or maybe I should say, have the most faith or respect for...do you have any that come to mind?"

Elvis: "So many... eh... besides the obvious, regarding our salvation and eternal life in Heaven.... Well, eh... Guess it might be the part in Matthew 21 an' verses 21 and 22. The first deals (with )the power of believing, having faith...so that if a mountain is in your way, prayer and faith can move that mountain, what ever it might be. The "mountain" being troubles, something bad or somethin' good that you need desperately. There is the danger- bein' so desperate you forget to wait on the Lord. He don't say he'll do it immediately, but in time, when it's right for you, he will reply 'n not always exactly as you might think you want--- in the end though, it's usually for the best whatever the outcome. Now, the next verse Matthew 21-22 is our assurance that his word and your faith will always be if you believe an' it goes somethin' like this, dependin' on which Bible you're readin' from... all same, just worded a bit differently for those with younger minds--- "And all these things, whatsoever" an' that word is important, what-so-ever is all inclusive of our needs- not wants you see, but needs- an' it goes on, "whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive." The Bible is all ways...now I'm not sayin' always...it refers to "all - ways" and there is a difference. "Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer" here it stresses "believing, having faith in all ways, there's that important unspoken phrasing that is important to know in reading the Bible; his declaration, "you shall receive." You it says, SHALL receive. Shall- that word is sh -all- share- all is one interpretation; shall is a stronger word than will...it uses the ALL which is right up there with Allah, reference to our Lord, our Father in Heaven. You got to study on it...look up words to know the true interpretation- God ain't dumb 'un his chosen ones who wrote down all this weren't either, so study and learn. Ya know, you can say prayer for that too--- See, the word of God is written by many people, we know the names of some of 'em- there are lessor known names. We have some of the best writings in our Bible- what I respect most is God's style of declaration for what he wants us to take heed of - like Matthew 21, verse 22. All through the Bible there is his stated declarations for us to hold on to and cherish, seek in our time of need, and to receive power and patience through study of his word. I love it man, it's...it's what keeps my heart happy, my soul at peace when ever' thing else is rattlin' and carryin' on around me. When I forget...I get in trouble- fortunately there's the Word for that too!
I like readin' Psalms when I get...eh... angry at somebody's stupidity- doin' so lets me have at 'em- With God's word and promise beside me! Ever read Psalms 39 where it says: "I will guard my ways, so I keep from sinning with my tongue. I will put on a muzzle as a guard for my own mouth!" an' another'n "My heart grew hot inside me-I could not open my mouth!" Man, that's so true, can't say what I'm thinkin' a lot of times an' I ask for help 'fore I say the wrong thing an' regret it - forever the evil in one's heart shall linger, like a serpent an' spring forth an' it's bite is vicious to those who hear. So I don't - I try not to let 'em hear what I'm thinkin' ---between me 'n God! He knows me- my heart - an' my temper- God made me, he understands an' if I slip -he forgives me; I'm his son, too. That's how it works, we are all his children, 'n like the good parent he is, he forgives and forgets... Thank God! " (laughs)

Lessons from Elvis... today as yesterday- from Face to Face. wjh

Post subject: Re: Elvis' Favorite Bible Verses!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You So Welcome! :D :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

A Whole Lot of People would be Very Surprised and Shocked wouldn't they? :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]