It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What Elvis Said In We Remember!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I sit here alone thinking, how the moon's light glows-
Meditating upon the garden water there below.
I've only just begun to spend my life, to have some fun-
But I think of all I've lost, the hurt hangs on, so slow to go.
I'm now a full-grown and called a man- but really, is that what I'am?
My heart's so young; it feels like new- to think I'm getting old makes me very blue.
Lord,
Just let me laugh, and be the clown I am- please give me dignity and grace-
So I can have the strength to face- these finial days that seems to race-
Let me have some time to do all I can- so facing death won't be such a task.
Please Lord, they will be done, that's all I ask.
Elvis Aaron Presley,1977
( " Psalms 38" was written at the bottom )
O Lord, do not rebuke me in your Anger or discipline me in your wrath.
For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me.
Because of your wrath there is no health in my body;
my bones have no soundness because of my sin.
My Guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.
My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.
I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about the mourning.
My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body.
I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.
All my longings lie open before you, O Lord my sighing is not hidden from you, My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.
My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away. Those who seek my life set their traps, those who would harm me talk of my ruin; all day long they plot deception.
I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth;
I have become a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply.
I wait for you O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God.
For I said," Do not let then Gloat or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips. " For I am about to Fall, and my pain is ever with me.
I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.
Many are those who are my vigorous enemies; those who hate me without reason are numerous. Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good.
O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God.
Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.

( This hand- written poem was folded; being used as a bookmark,inside a Bible given to Jim Hill on his Birthday 1-1-77 )

Post subject: Re: What Elvis Said In We Remember!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for sharing with us, Rose-Lyn! While, in a sense, this can come over as heart-breaking from the view of those of us who love Elvis, THE MAN :cry: yet also is a cry from the heart of a beautiful, spiritually sensitive soul who was putting himself forward to friends (Wanda and Jim) who he knew would understand how he felt and who Elvis felt he could be natural and himself with!

Elvis, we know, went through many trials, tests and tribulations in his own personal life and yet bore them all with a beautiful humility, love towards his fellow man/woman and an almost Christ-like ability to forgive! He needed prayer, the biggest hug, spiritual words of uplifting to his heart at this time of his life, perhaps more than any other! Elvis always brought himself down in humility and thought of others before his own needs and at the time he was most ill and desperate with no human being CLOSE enough to him to bring the spiritual companionship he so deserved, this is when the Lord, in all His goodness, His kindness, His mercy, delivered our dearest man, gathered Elvis in His Loving Arms and took him Home!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes I'm so Thankful that at Least Elvis did have Someone to Express what he Had in His Heart, and How He Thought like Wanda Jimmie! But It is Such a Shame that Elvis had to Feel So Alone! :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's true Elvis was alone here sometimes on Earth but please consider he's Home now with his family and friends and one fine day, we will be there to meet Elvis for one big re-union family! :D :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know if Elvis realized that little piece of note paper with his thoughts written on it was left in that Bible he gave to Jimmie. Often he used whatever he had handy to write on, used things for book marks in books that came from other people, often handed up to him from the stage even. And I still wonder if he actually knew it was there or if he had forgotten it was when he passed on that Bible. It was written for his eyes only I believe, and straight from his heart as he felt it at that time...probably at night from what he wrote, sitting out in the Meditation Garden looking at the fountain...one of his favorite places to sit in the dark of night. As for the Psalms 38 it seemed to me when I first read it that it was also how he felt, what he thought and fit at that moment and knowing him, he probably had read it or knew already what it had to say- the little note page was one of those smaller sized ones, like about 3 inches wide and maybe 4 inchs long with lines that didn't show up as they were quite pale, when I copied it. He didn't stay in the lines and his writing was shaky looking, kind of smeared as if he was using an ink pen and not a ball point etc: though back then those pens were not good like what we have now- the ink would smear easily enough a lot of times. I know he liked to use an ink pen to write and had several that had been given to him over the years. Don't know what he used positively to write that with-but I kind of doubt he intentionally sent it to us... Jimmie just received the Bible and Elvis often used Bibles he gave to people...passed his blessings along with them. Kind of like the scarves he gave out at concerts- he prayed over them himself and no one but Charlie was to touch them afterward and only when handing them to him to give to other people. A personal heartfelt and spiritual gift from Elvis to the person who received them. Anyway, I hope that in some small way, we were able to be there for him when he needed someone, and if I had to do it over and knew all I do now, I would still want to be there if he needed someone to listen. I think all of us would line up for that "job" come rain, sleet, snow or flood!
Or earthquake---out here, fer sure! wjh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much for adding your own thoughts and feelings regarding this, Wanda!! :) :D :P I truly hope that many of those Elvis gifted the bibles and scarves with appreciated them for the beautiful presents they were meant as! :)

[quoteAnyway, I hope that in some small way, we were able to be there for him when he needed someone, and if I had to do it over and knew all I do now, I would still want to be there if he needed someone to listen. I think all of us would line up for that "job" come rain, sleet, snow or flood!
Or earthquake---out here, fer sure!][/quote]

I believe you and your family certainly were for sure, I know you would do it all again and that's what we're all thankful to you, Jimmie and Starla for, specially you though, thank you so much for being you!!! :) :hug:

with love, Sue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Wanda for your Touching Words, and You are So Very Right, about if I could have had the Chance to be there for Elvis I would have been there Know Matter what. I never knew Elvis Prayed over those Scarves he Handed out to People at his Concerts, but it doesn't Surprise me either. I just Hope that those Fortunate People, knew just how very Much Elvis Loved those People to Say a Prayer for Them. :love:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis once read to me the scriptures that told of Jesus' treatment of his disciples, and he would tell me the greatest commandment of Jesus and of God was to love one another. Elvis said that St. John, Chapter 11, told of how Jesus loved his his disciples and put not himself above them. And St. John, Chapter 15, Verses 12-17 were Important to Elvis because they told how to treat one another. Elvis quotes these words: " This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Elvis Truly practiced these Words. :hug:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, he did, Rose-Lyn! :) Elvis also showed much Christ-like humility and ability to forgive in many areas of his life, reflecting - so many times - the true way to live as a Christian, considering what Jesus would have done in a certain situation BEFORE taking action in our own ways - like us, Elvis had faults and never claimed to be perfect of course. BUT also, like us, he believed in the Lord Jesus as our intercessor with the Father above and that we can all have faith that we will be forgiven! :wink: :P :hello: :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next