It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: We are All!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

God's Children, kin folk livin' together, tryin' to get by the best we can. :love:

Post subject: Re: We are All!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Good one, Rose-Lyn! :) :hello: :love: I'm going to expand on this if I may, too?

[quote]
Elvis believed in Salvation, Love, Forgiveness and Mercy, as did his Savior and guide for living, Jesus, the Christ taught when he was on Earth. He didn't argue or fuss over those who did not believe as did he, he listened, discussed and learned from those differences in opinion and belief. He treated everyone as an equal, trying never to put anyone down because they were “different” in any way, skin color, religion, station in life or lack of one, they were his fellow human beings. “My brothers and sisters” he would say, “how can I not care about them? We are all God's children, kin folk livin' together, tryin' to get by the best we can. Can't fault a person for tryin' ...that's what we're here for so we need to get along together an' look out for one another when the need arises. Man, livin' is tough enough; we don't need to make more trouble for anybody!”

He read thousands of books, most of which were of a spiritual nature, or of uplifting philosophy and as he put it: “Things that take my mind off every day cares, something I can learn from. I didn't go to college, but I like to learn things....Education doesn't end when school is out-the library is open, anyone can go there and read, add to their knowledge and in doing so, become a more powerful person. By that I mean, one more able to adjust and make decisions regarding their life that can give 'em a step up or a step back, its up to each of us which we take. Education is a means to make the right ones in life. Make it count, life's a gift; don't waste it.”

He spoke of wanting to do college concerts, using gospel and uplifting type songs as a means to teach young minds. He thought music was a “universal language” and could be a teaching tool, one that had become a primary influence on young people. In the '70's he feared the way music was heading, away from one of being a “soothing or uplifting influence to one that was destructive and jarring to the senses, especially the harmonic rhythm of our magnetic energies”. He tried to arrange his performance songs in such a way as to produce a “rolling” type of excitement and energy for his audiences, with highs and lows that would leave them feeling good about being there. He often said that he wanted to give his audiences a “time away from their cares, somethin' they can remember and relive now and again. After all, they went to a lot of trouble comin' to the show, it’s the least I can do. We all try to give our best, to show our appreciation an' besides, if we don't care; they ain't gonna come back!”[quote]

[Elvis- speaking to a group of people in his home in 1966. It was recorded by a young lady who was invited with a few other people to come back to his Bel Air house after a game of tag football in a Beverly Hills Park. She was included in a small group of girls that Elvis took into his bedroom and closed the door. This is used via her permission because she (and I) want his fans to know the spiritual side of Elvis. Around this time he was studying, learning to read ancient scriptures written in Hebrew so that he might further his understanding of God's words for his children. Elvis read books written by renowned authors, and spoke of what he learned to anyone who would listen; he was delighted when he found someone to teach or met someone who knew more than he---so he could learn from them.]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: If People can't see just how Hungry and Needy Elvis was for Companionship, with People when they read this. Then they don't what to even Try to Understand Elvis, if those Girls that Elvis took to his Bedroom to Teach them in his Beliefs and thoughts and to get to know the Real Guy Elvis was then they to me were Deft , Dumb and Blind! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN!! I'm sure this benefited many girls in their lives once they'd spoken to Elvis but I'm hoping also that this opened their hearts to a deeper more positive idea of who Elvis was as a man and human being, not just the image! :hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:31 pm 
Rainbow

Thank you Crystal Rose for this insight into Elvis' thinking on music in the 70s. I think it was a dark decade all round. Like a hangover from the 60s when all the idealism died and a more angry ugly sound became the trend. Punk rock made its appearance with hate rather than love being the rallying cry. Elvis would surely have distanced himself from all that. Harmonics are so important for the mood music creates, and it is so clear now how Elvis' concerts generated this immense sense of joy and belonging in the audience. He chose white as his anthem colour and shone brightly as a beacon of hope, larger than life, and his music was always sweet and harmonious to create only positive vibrations. :D :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You're very welcome, Whitebud! :) :hello:

Quote:
Like a hangover from the 60s when all the idealism died and a more angry ugly sound became the trend. Punk rock made its appearance with hate rather than love being the rallying cry. Elvis would surely have distanced himself from all that.

Yes, this is very true. I'm sure Elvis wouldn't have approved of punk or, I suspect, heavy/death metal which is along the same lines with an anti-spiritual message and included hatred and prejudice in their lyrics. This would also go on to include Eminem's rap/hip hop anthems which seemed to thrive on hatred, disrespect to one's elders; women and basically anything and everything really?!

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback! :) :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Boy it sure sounds like to me that White Bud Knows Our Elvis Pretty Darn Will! :D :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:47 pm 
Rainbow

:hello: You too Rose Lyn, unfortunately for us not in person, we wish!!
:hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
unfortunately for us not in person, we wish

Yes indeedy, Whitebud! :wink: :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:( Yes I do Miss in not getting to do that So Very Much! :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]