It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis said: "I meet friends---- everywhere"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis said: “I meet friends---everywhere”.

People want to be friends, treat them nice, and let them help you do some thin' an' they'll be your friend for life... It's not what I am as an entertainer that counts; it's what I am as a person, what I do with my life while here. Did I help those in need, was I a good friend, did I give back respect and love to those I come across regardless of their position in life, or their importance. Life is love ---in all its multiple aspects and we are the continuing symbol of that love because we are alive. So do good to your fellow man and woman, because what you do is what you are -in so many ways; try to remember who you are- not what you have become because of what you do to earn a living. You never know, the next person you meet might be an “angel” sent to give you a blessing. So listen to the common, the poor and the humble because God is watching, an' might have sent that person you're about to walk away from, for an important reason- don't miss out just because somebody isn't dressed as nicely as you'd like, or maybe is down on their luck. Ya never know man, God can be sneaky, keep that in mind in dealin' with folks; they all are human, jus' like you an' me but maybe they got just the thing you been lookin' for 'n you'd never know by ignoring them. Best to figure out their needs first for makin' a judgment, they might be just what you been lookin' for-a friendship that lasts.”

Those words are as true today as when spoken by him some 40 years ago.

Post subject: Re: Elvis said: "I meet friends---- everywhere"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes... and Jesus taught the same 2.000 years ago...

It's the actualization of LOVE within the heart that can inspire such awareness. :love:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: What A Inspiration Elvis is and will Always be, in he Never did Put Anyone Above Him Self! :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for your feedback to the shared/posted excerpts from Wanda's "Face to Face", ladies! :) :P :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :love: :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: 8) :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This next one is on the same theme of friends:

Quote:
'Sometimes a friend is all you can expect to keep throughout your life---so if you find someone who wants to be your friend, keeps your heart safe an' don't make things tougher than they are, do your best to keep 'em close an' don't be afraid to share your heart with 'em now an then, that's what friendship an' love is all 'bout anyway, just loving your friends, family an' tryin' to be nice to your enemies too. Sometimes that ain' easy, but it's part of livin' an' all we're expected to do here--- like the good book says, “Love your enemies...be good to those who would harm you... turn the other cheek, ya know... 'n it don't hurt to duck now an' then...” (He chuckles.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Elvis was and still is a Very Good Philosopher! :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]