It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Mind and The Heart!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis Thought also that unless the Mind and the Heart were connected the Spirit that " Lives inside of us" can't express it's self fully, if at all. :love:

Post subject: Re: The Mind and The Heart!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Great one, Rose-Lyn! Thanks for posting this up! :) :P I think this next quote leads on nicely too and kind of relates?:

Quote:
“The Human Heart is like a radio...

but very few people tune it in – and they let other stuff interfere so they lose track of their heart frequency and can't hear it so good”. That's why he liked to meditate – he listened to his heart instead of “so much of what was told into” his brain by so many. He liked to be alone, to think and listen to his heart. He said, “It knows what you need – and the heart doesn't lie. Ya know evil lurks around us, in some people we meet, in invitations from others, in the lust for money, the glory of fame, the thrill an' lustfulness of our natures, doin' things for money, things or attention, in the written words casually left layin' about, in solitude and silence, and in the hearts of every human being that has left the door ajar – it will come in. It's there, ready to step up an' whisper sweet nothings into one's ear, enticing us to lie, cheat n' do evil to our fellows, and we listen because we lose track of the frequency to God, and that opens the door to anything that comes in to the heart. The heart is like a radio, God talks to you through the heart, but you let other things change the station until finally there is so much static and raucous noise you can't find the God station easily, and give up. It pays to work at it, find that station and keep it tuned in; life is so much better then, peaceful and filled with joy and knowing we are loved.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: All I can say is That Man is Truly Amazing in how he can Put into Words, what he Did to make Himself and Us Better People and What The Lord Expects in us. Its like Elvis said we Should Be Silent and Listen to our Hearts, because that is How the Lord Speaks to us. :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Right on, dear angel! :) :P :hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:47 pm 
Rainbow

Elvis understood that the atomic spark of divinity - the spirit soul resides in the heart. That our spirits are immortal and all-knowing, so when we quieten the incessant chatter of the mind in meditation, come to focus attention in the heart centre and withdraw the senses away from their objects, then we can truly tune in to that wave length of truth and wisdom. It is the wilful intellect which always cajoles and justifies our over-active egos that leads us astray to do things which makes or spirits suffer. So gotta tune in to the right station folks, the bigger the intellect the smaller the spirit! Thank you Crystal Rose for another Elvis gem. :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Glad you liked this Whitebud, also bringing in the top quote from Rose-Lyn also, you're very welcome from me and I'm sure from Rose-Lyn also! :) :P :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: You Betcha! :wink: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]