It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: JUST TO HEAR HIS VOICE
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

..speaking SO SOFTLY..hope the link works for you..scroll down to the end of the page and click to "SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU"..HIS SOLO THIS TIME..
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/open72/open72.htm

Post subject: Softly
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, they-whoever was running the sound didn't kick up his microphone and "lost it" some. Usually, that whisper would blow your hair piece off-but that was his "naked" voice. And he was about to lose it too...wjh
Thanks for the link-first time I've had one work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

your welcome.. :D I love Jordan's site you can listen and watch there many great recordings of Elvis..also in the same page "HELP ME MAKE IT "was a great version again.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND MOVING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:26 pm 
:cry: :cry: :cry: YOU KNOW I HAVE HEARD THIS BEFORE, AND I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK OF WHEN ELVIS DIED. IT WAS SAID HE WAS IN THE BATHROOM ALONE, AND I HAVE READ AND KNOW ELVIS'S DIDN'T LIKE THE DARK. I SOMETIMES THINK HOW AWEFUL KNOW ONE WAS THERE WITH HIM, BUT THEN I THINK NO HE WASN'T ALONE. THE ANGLE'S AND THE LORD WERE THERE AND PROBALY IS MAMA TO. SO DON'T BE UPSET, ELVIS WASN'T ALONE. :( VERY BEAUTIFUL!! BUT VERY HARD TO LISTEN TO. BARB!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

There is a phone call transcript on the ELC websides where Elvis told Wanda (in 1977) how he is almost looking forward to his passing. He prophesied he would be at home and God would grant him a beautiful transition (even in the bathroom!!). I feel that Elvis had his wish fulfilled. :cry: :lol:
We think about it with sadness, but for Elvis it must have been glorious....

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: Glory of transition
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

I think about that conversation quite often, and though it wasn't something I wanted to hear at the time I am so glad that he spoke about the possiblity of impending death and what he felt about it all. He prepared the way for those whom he didn't have to see everyday-that was what he said about talking to me and others that were not working for him, living with him or people he had to relate to often face to face... he couldn't bear to see their eyes, to have them worry he said. So I know that he gave them all reason to think he'd be around for ever and that he was doing fine-he said on stage that he had "faked it for a long time"...that last filmed concert tour-he was just being Elvis, he wasn't hiding anything and it seemed people didn't understand then, but I think they do now-especially after seeing that tv special. He was doing his best and being the guy behind the myth, the image, saying this is me, like it or not...this is what you're getting now, it's all there is. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to watch that show-but I sure wouldn't bet on it. I am so glad though that he told me the things that he did, how he believed it would be-and that it was going to be a glorious moment, that he wanted to be with his mother and sit at Jesus' feet so He could explain it all to him. I think he knew he was dying, the moment it happened, and he didn't care, he was ready to go.
The day before he had talked to a friend whose mother had died unexpectedly and he sent a bouquet of Heather and an orchid tied with lavender ribbon for her dress that he had called to find out the color of-and the lavender ribbon was a perfect match. She had never had an orchid according to her son, and Elvis gave her one to be buried with forever. They were delivered just before noon the day he died. what a guy. wjh

Post subject: last days..
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

I too, believe he went straight to be with his Lord and that his mom came for him. We have that concert on beta so we won't be watching it soon! The beta we have has been fixed twice-but it's hard to find a place to have it done. It's running at the wrong speeds and slipping so we can't watch several dozen video's-some of which are bootlegs that we bought the first few months after he left us-some were good ones also...that I don't think are out but probably are since I haven't bought or went looking for anything in so long.
We had a copy of the outtakes from the first concert movie and also On Tour- some of which didn't get used apparently due to our "little boy" acting out and swearing and singing naughty lyrics with such a straight innocent face- they couldn't clean those up either. He was such a goof off and yet when he turned down to serious work, he was all business and perfection and to watch him, is really facinating-he does strange (odd) things...like he's talking to himself or thinking with both sides of his brain and answering himself? I guess it was really difficult to work for him at first-having to figure out all those signs and symbols he used to say what he wanted them to do and when... As many times as I've seen THWIS in years past and now again-I still can't figure out all of what he means...he talks in riddles as well...but they seem to have got it down pretty good. They certainly all watch him like a hawk...for good reason
besides he's so nice to look at. wjh

Maia, can we buy the picture you put up of him in the white fringe suit with the dove???? Such a beautiful pic.
Hadn't seen it before-it's your "artistic work" right? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

here's another one just scroll down to "POWER OF MY LOVE"outtake and have fun fun fun.. :lol: :lol: x-rated one :wink: :lol:
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/sp ... ameri.html

Post subject: That southern mouth
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Now girls, it jus' don't sound like swearin' or doin' cursin' comin' outa that mouth, past those toofies and them soft full lips a curlin' up that way...now does it? specially when you got those blue-denim eyes sparkin' above that smile and them there dimple cheeks-really...wjh

Page 1 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next