It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elvis: You Know!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm 
Rainbow

:hello: Thank you Wanda (A) for your reply, I feel so privileged that you can answer questions we have from an insiders understanding. That makes perfect sense to me now, in some of the early footage Elvis can look quite startled as the cameras follow him around, I bet he could run pretty quick if he had to especially when all those females were giving chase, learned early on I think down on Beale Street. I also read in the books that Elvis never threw anything away that he hoarded things just in case, a bit like a squirrel storing nuts for the Winter. Its funny isn't it all the animal symbolism - from squirrel to tiger-man, each a reflection of different aspects and times in his life. We just love them all :D Yes there is more to being an entertainer than we see as an audience, all that waiting around, very nerve -wracking for the artist. I think you're right spontaneousness is best thought about in advance :wink: :bouncy: :love: Whitebud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Wanda, for Giving White Bud the Right Answer. I knew I was Probably Wrong, I'm Happy you Got your Questioned Answered White Bud. :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for helping Whitebud, Wanda! Glad you - and we - got to know the answer too, Whitebud! :) :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

You weren't wrong kid, that also could be the "use" for squirrel and probably was in a lot of situations! He had to censor his mouth when in public...and yet he was known among those he worked with and around, as being off the wall mouthy and
apt to say just about anything at any time...even to changing lyrics while doing
a perfectly nice song... He had a crazy sense of humor, harmless enough but very often q u i t e colorful! And it came so naturally to him!
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I know in the Movie Spin Out he called Shelly Fabre' a Squirrel, for Running Elvis in That Creek and Yes she is very Lucky that is all Elvis did call her! :P :love:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:35 pm 
Owl

I wanted to comment on Elvis's grades in school. In the book that Alan Fortas wrote(can't remember the name right now)he has the transcripts of Elvis's grades all throught high school and I didn't think they were that bad. Mostly b's and c's and a few a's also. It has been a while since I read it so there may have been some that were worse but, I believe it was just Elvis being his usual humble self when he said he just squeeked by. Camille

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

your probably right, he never thought he was all "that good" at anything except
music... I remember hearing he had made b's and c's and some a's and was good
in history and in English also. He said he liked history, and he did read a lot of books about such things, US history and other countries as well. But he wasn't
a straight A kind of guy I guess, so didn't think he was all that smart, sounds about right! At the time we talked together I didn't know very much about his
past other than what he had to say about it- and yet now days, there are those
who were "there" when he was small who tell things that make those days sound
worse and more poverty stricken than he ever said much about. He said he
didn't realize they were poor because everyone else was in the same state of
being more or less... He put that differently but that is the way I thought of
it when he spoke about his early life. He was always humble and grateful and
never was complaining about any of it...just stating the facts more or less. I
learned more about his childhood after his death, from his relatives and friends
who were around when he was young... they told more devastating stories
than he did, about the hard life they had trying to make ends meet and with
road blocks cropping up every time his parents had a chance it seemed.
Well, little kids just don't know the difference I guess, but he heard his folks
talking about it and he remembered that.
wjh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Camille it is nice to see you here with us, and I just have to say that I Liked the same Subjects in School as Elvis did History and English. Wanda did you say one time that Elvis didn't do will in Math, if so I didn't either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 pm 
Owl

Hello Rose-Lyn, Thank you. I don't post too often but, I try to come here to read quite a lot. There is a lot of info that I have yet to see and I just love finding new conversations that Wanda and Elvis had. Any word on how Face to Face is coming?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Hi Camille The New Book Face To Face, should be coming out very soon. If I was you I would PM Wanda, and ask her? She could give you a Better Time Frame when the New Book is coming out then Me, yes I know what you mean about a lot to read here. I have been here in the ELC Group a few years, and I still find things I hadn't read. Yes I Love the Conversations between Elvis and Wanda are just Wonderful, I would like to know if in your reading on here about Elvis if the ways of Elvis the Man as Surprised you any at all? :love:

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next