It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "Hang on to her"
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis' "take" on the "emotional" differences in thinking of men and women-

Speaking with some fans of whom most are male, outside a hotel in San Diego, l975 when asked what he thought about the "new sexual mores" and "woman's lib" - he gave them an "ear full".

ELVIS: "Letting a physical relationship happen tends to ruin a friendship, makes it impossible to have a relationship where anything can be spoken of without creating problems. Usually, it's the woman who can't separate the two types of "intimacy"...one being a heartfelt mental closeness without emotionally being entangled. And the other is when the heart and the emotions are so in tune as to being one person, intimately and mentally as in love and commitment in marriage or a forever situation. Men tend to be able to separate these feelings better than women - it's our nature to be free to do our own thing as a man, we were designed to be the protector, to go out and handle whatever comes along, whereas woman is more inclined to establishing a home base, for children and she is usually possessive of her family and mate. That's natural, mother nature at work to keep the species alive, ya know. We men aren't any different than we used to be, just things around us have changed and women have become more like us, than we are like them...see? Look at it that way and it makes more sense, really. Eh, women have had to change, over time with war and strife takin' the men away, women had to take charge at home; 'n its caused problems between the sexes ever since- it had to be so they stepped up an' did it. But, I'd just like to say though, if you as a man come across a woman you can be friends with, who appreciates you for your mind, (he pauses, looks around and gets a lot of laughs finishing his sentence), an' not just...'cause you look good in swim trunks...or a suit! Man, hang on to her - they are a rare breed!" ( More laughs, one fellow asks if he meets a lot of women)
ELVIS: Gawd..yeah! I like women! What guy wouldn't? I'm no different...jus' tryin' to get along like the rest of you fellows...sometimes it isn't easy to do...but I keep tryin' " ( Big grin, bites his lower lip and then laughs. The men laugh, applauding as he waves goodbye.)

Post subject: Re: "Hang on to her"
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D I think Elvis did a very Good Job in saying what the Roles a Man and a Women should be in any kind of Relationship, and I know a lot of Women wouldn't what to get to know the Mind of Elvis First. But I would have, because I Loved the way he Spoke of things that a whole Lot of Men wouldn't or cared to. :love:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Wanda, for sharing this with us. I like elvis# words, there's wisdom speaking and experience, I guess :hello: !

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

He had a lot of experience, and he was thoughtful and wise most of the time regarding what he'd "learned". I think he was being fair, honest and also sending a message to those guys out there, and also the women. He tried to be fair,
and patient. That he stopped long enough to say all that was something- I was not there, but my friends were and they got it on tape! That is how I have a transcript of that brief time. He was with Linda Thompson and waiting to go inside the hotel... He was performing that night not far away. He had on his light blue suit and looked great in the pictures they took of him...and he had on glasses and was wearing a fancy belt and lots of jewelry around his neck and on his hands. I kind of think he probably just wore what he planned to wear on stage
that way he didn't have to pack it? It looked like every ring he could manage
to get on was on his hands. So like him.
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Wanda I have a Picture that might be the picture you are talking about here,so let me know if it could be.Image :love:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

It was a suit with a matching jacket and he had on the flowered shirt like the black and white one when rehearsing at the Hilton, but this shirt had blue flowers
on it. It was not laced up but had a button front left open...he was "out in public" so he had to look good, ya know. He did!

I posted following this one, probably it will be below---about something that caused me to relive a long ago memory...I had forgotten about it but someone on tv reminded me of the incident...kind of a spooky one but it wasn't anything actually scary...just very informative for me at the time.
wjh
LOVED that picture though! Thanks much!!! :D
Don't look for the long post...it didn't show up!!! another time maybe.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Wanda so Elvis had on the Dark Blue Flowered Shirt, with a Light Blue Suit on that Buttoned up the front? OK if this is right I will try and see if I can find a Picture with what he had on. I wonder why your post didn't show up? You got me Wondering about what came back to your Mind, so I will be looking forward in telling what it was. :love:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

It never did show up~! I will post it again,....however at the moment I do not
remember what it was!!! I hate getting old and losing so many brain cells...they
aren't lost...they are so slow to come back though I sometimes remember things that happened when I was a kid- and they had not been thought of years. I guess that is part of the process...or just an over loaded brain resetting it's self to a "better time when it worked" kind of like one does a computer??? Amazing to me how much our brains are like computers. The person who figured out how
to make a "mechanical brain computer" had to have been very gifted and meant
to do that... Elvis would have a great time explaining how that all came to be-
I'm sure he would have thought about it and come up with something interesting
to "clear things up" about how that happened. I miss his "take" on so many
things of to day... I don't know anyone who looks at things quite the same as
that guy did... and he thought he was just "normal as the next guy" and nothing
special and didn't have an "education" really...oh sure, simple minded country boy....
who just happened to be in the right place at the correct time... uh-huh, you say.
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yeah like He said, I know he didn't think he had any Brains or Looks or anything worth getting excited about. I think that I have Loved this Most about Elvis, when any one else that were in his Shoes would have been the Biggest Jerk All Stuck on Himself, But He Never Got the Big Head he always Tried to Keep is Feet and his Head Level with the Ground. I for got all about trying to find the Picture you talked about here, so See Wanda Your Not the Only One that Doesn't have a Mind any more. But I will get right on it now so I don't Forget it again, there as to be one online some where. I can't believe out of all the Pictures I have I don't have this one your talking about, but I don't. :love:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN! Great conversation and love to hear Elvis' ideas and thoughts so great to read this, I guess he's right too; women love to nurture and be protective of their mate in general. While he was of course, ALL MAN, there was a little boy vulnerability to Elvis too which kinda of inspires women to be all sorta protective and caring towards him so that's just right there explains some of it! :wink: :P :hello: :hug:

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next