It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Jesus, The Christ...1974
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

as told by Elvis.. " People think Jesus was runnin' around with 12 poor bastards, wearin' rags and eatin' grasshoppers, ya know, what 'cha call'em, eh...locusts, yah. But they were a kind of grasshopper really...'n they didn't have nothin' to eat but them. We all supposed to love one another, to care about what happens to us all and to honor our selves by havin' a code of ethics to live by-includin' honorin' one's parents.. not so say all parent's are worth that privilege of bein' honored by anybody. Like they sayin' Jesus was poor... he was the son of a carpenter an' back then they were in big demand an' got good wages for it makin' chariots an' so forth too. An' Jesus went to the best schools, was smart enough to
talk to the elders in the Temple an' be noted for havin' good sense. He wasn't a little bitty guy either 'cause people could see him above the crowds when he was walkin' in among them. An' he had good clothes ' cause the soldiers who were guardin' the cross where Jesus was hangin' cast lots over his robes on account of they were well made and good material. Didn't have any seams neither to tear it evenly-Ya know, I asked a tailor one time if he could make me a coat with no seams in it an' he said it can't be done! :D :love:

I liked his version and style of explaining scriptures, especially when he put it in simple Southern words, easily read and understood by just about anyone. Also with a bit of humor that helped it 'digest' well. Dear Suzy in referring to Elvis' style of " story telling" said, "Elvis is good at making things "cook well, he adds a lot of spice!" He surely did that. wjh

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Jesus, tyhe Christ...1974
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 pm 
Rainbow

:hello: Rose Lyn. Thank you for posting this, its just so funny how Elvis describes things. When he preaches like this I always feel Elivis sees Jesus as a friend who is similar to him, I don't mean that in a bad way but just how Jesus had nice clothes, was tall, attracted big crowds and had lots of women followers. It's quite different and I have never seen these insights before and millions of people for thousands of years have been thinking about Jesus, right? Guess it just has to be our man's unique perspective!! Wish I could have heard him preach like this, it must have been a hoot. :lol: :mrgreen: :love:

Post subject: Re: Jesus, tyhe Christ...1974
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for posting, Rose-Lyn! :) Yep, I love the way Elvis said and expressed things, they are a hoot for sure! :) :P :lol: I can see and understand what you mean, Whitebud, too! :) :hello: :hug:

Post subject: Re: Jesus, The Christ...1974
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Elvis was A HOOT ANY WAY! But What A Loving, Precious Hoot Right Ladies! I could have Sat and Listened to Elvis Preach Forever, I would have been Afraid to Move because of Fear of Missin' Somethin'! I'm Happy you enjoyed this Girls! I think that Elvis seen a lot of Himself in Jesus, and like White Bid said as a Friend he has Known for a Long Time. But that is How Elvis was Any Way, I'm Happy You Ladies Enjoyed This! :hug:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Certainly did, dear (A) ! Thanks again!! :D :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:57 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: (A) :wink: (A) :wink: :D :love:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:07 am 
Flame

The way he explained some bible story's or what was essential to him sometimes sounds really funny and make me laugh. But the importance of what was lying behind his funny words had a deep meaning and give an insightful look of his beliefs.

Members of his inner circle were laughing behind his back and cracked up if they heared him talk like that way. It's a sad thing because their behaviour demonstrate how less they understood his words and not even him. IMO they were very small-minded and not well educated people. Looking back of Elvis's roots, the poverty in which he and his parents lived, the lack of education, as more astounishing is his knowledge and how he developed his mind and soul.
He was a very intelligent, self-educated man and a free spirit too, always trying to learn the lessons what life give us- in contradistinction to most of the people of his inner circle. He was so missunterstood in so much ways.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Yes he was quite often mis understood and mis read by people, some that lived with and worked for him for years. Kind of is surprising, but then they had their "job to do" which was looking after him, it took over every aspect of their lives probably. Elvis on the other hand, tried to live as he was led as a child, by his pastor, the Bible and his every day experiences, and he always offered an excuse for being "misunderstood and misread" by his friends etc... he would say,
It's okay if they don't get it, one day though, they'll understand... just takes a little time and livin'... ". He would say it didn't matter that they didn't under
stand him, or what he liked to learn and discuss... And those few who did listen
and talk with him seem to appreciate those times a great deal now. So his
declaration came to pass... they understand now, and probably some wish they had taken more time to just "listen and discuss" with him. He was a special person, in some ways he never "grew up" and was stuck in his teenage years, but in many other ways, he was far ahead of his peers and probably as he thought, out of sync with them. It may be true that he was ahead of everything that came after... he would fit right in to day...and wouldn't seem
so "out of place" at all. wjh
wjh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I believe Elvis belonged to the EVOLVED HUMAN BEING category, thus it was hard for him to join -or even understand- those with a narrow approach to Life. Yet his heart beat was that of Love and it took him close to others' hearts, embracing them with that loving energy and pouring on them the balm of compassion and forgiveness.

In the plane of reality he is dwelling in now I'm sure he feels totally between his peers... :roll: :P

(Oh, how I yearn to be there too...!)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

I agree. He did so many loving things for people, some he didn't know and never would, and for many who didn't realize at the time how much he gave them; his time, his patience, his ear, his sympathy, kindness and patience, he listened to
"the dull and the boring" as he put it because even they have a connection to God, and he tried always to give every one he met his full attention, if only for a few seconds if that was all the time he had. Why? Because he loved them, everyone. We spoke about people who had influenced us as kids and I remember him speaking of the fact his mother's name was Love and how she was the embodiment of that word. I told him I had been very close to my Aunt Lillian as a kid, from 3 years of age, she taught me and cared about me and her name was also Love.... He said, "Ummmm...there has to be somethin' special here... it's weird man. How many people you ever meet who had somebody named Love for inspiration?" He then spoke of how we never meet anyone by chance...or coincidence and said "there's no such thing...really; it's part of the Plan."
I sure wish I had a written out "copy" of that Plan!
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next