It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis was a Christian!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

He Loved Spiritual Conversations, and teaching his beliefs to his Friends, and any one else he thought might be interested. He Often said the Greatest Commandment is, " Love One Another ," Keep it 'an you don't have to Struggle tryin' to keep the rest! "

Elvis' Thoughts about being Faithful in Marriage and what the Bible says!

Elvis: Do you think a wife ought to obay her husband? I mean, if that's in the Vows taken before God what's your idea 'bout that bein' in there?

Wanda: I don't think it means quite what some people believe like a wife can't have an opinion or say they don't agree do you think it does?

Elvis: Well now eh goin to the Bible it says eh le' me think a minute here eh Ist Corinthians eh 3rd verse the first two are talkin' 'bout Marriage but then it says Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence an' the wife unto the Husband then the next one is: The Wife has not the Power over her own body, but the Husband and the Wife has the Power over the Husband! Elvis: That kind of says it right there don't ya think?

Wanda: Well those statements are talking about Physical things like being Faithful I know that because we heard about that verse often enough at Church
its not about man having say over everything in the Marriage Elvis.
Elvis: You 're Right! The one above those mentions fornication......gawd what a word! Jus' was thinkin' that was the one I was lookin' for don't recall where what I wanted to say is but there is another place where it gives the man final say, but he supposed to also consider his wife and be good to her. :hug:

Post subject: Re: Elvis was a Christian!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 pm 
Owl

I'm a little confused. From reading this I can't tell if Elvis did or did not think that the wife should have their own opinions and be able to make their own decisions. What do you think? Camille

Post subject: Re: Elvis was a Christian!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes Elvis did Feel and Think that the Wife Should have Her Own Opinion's in the Marriage,but he also Felt that since it says in the Bible that The Husband is the Head of the House, he should have the Final Say or what The Vows say when people get Married.

Quote:Wanda: Well those statements are talking about Physical things like being Faithful I know that because we heard about that verse often enough at Church
its not about man having say over everything in the Marriage Elvis.
Elvis: You 're Right! The one above those mentions fornication......gawd what a word! Jus' was thinkin' that was the one I was lookin' for don't recall where what I wanted to say is but there is another place where it gives the man final say, but he supposed to also consider his wife and be good to her. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]