It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A great story to help a friend in need
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm 
Flame

Jerry Weintraub, How Elvis saved me from disaster: In the recent documentary Jerry Weintraub tells how Elvis saved him from a business disaster.

For New Year’s Eve 1975, I took Elvis Presley to Pontiac, Mich, for a concert at the Silverdome, which is the 80,000-seat stadium right outside Detroit. I ran the concessions, which always did fabulously well. When Elvis sang, he used to take his scarf and give it to girls in the audience. He would change scarves 10 times in a single show: sweat, wipe sweat off his brow, give the scarf to some girl, and she would smell it and faint. I decided as a new item, in addition to all the key chains, pictures, and everything else, I was going to get scarves made. So I went to India, China, somewhere, and bought 35,000 scarves with his picture on them. When I arrived at the football stadium, my concessionaire came to me and said, "We got a big problem. The scarves you bought? Nobody’s buying them. You’re going to get stuck with 35,000 scarves."
Oh, my God, I thought. What a stupid mistake this is! Now I’m going to have to ship these things back. Why the hell did I do this? - (Right;Elvis the scarf, Pontiac 1975!)
I was sitting backstage with a frown on my face, which is very, very rare for me. And in comes Elvis and his entourage.
Elvis walks up to me, and says, "Are you OK? You look terrible."
"No, I’m not OK," I said. "I made a terrible mistake."
"Why?" said Elvis
"I bought 35,000 scarves and nobody cares about them."
He said, "What are you talking about? You got 80,000 people, you’re probably making $1 million tonight. What are you carrying on about?"
But I was still down.
So Elvis said, "If I fix this for you, will you smile?" And I said, "Sure, but I don’t know how you can possibly fix it." Well, he went out there and did the first two numbers, then he stopped and said, "Turn the lights on, I can’t see you." So they turned the lights in the stadium on, and Elvis said, "I tell you what I’m going to do. I’m going to take a break, get a Coca-Cola. If you go out to the concession stands, do me a favor and buy a white scarf. And then when you come back, wave it at me, and I’ll be able to see you." He went off. I sold 35,000 scarves. I was upset I didn’t have another 35,000.
I’m right much more than I’m wrong, but in that case I was really wrong.
So I guess the lesson here is: don’t buy 35,000 of anything unless you have Elvis Presley to sell them.
(News, Source;Newsweek)
(via Elvis Info net)

Last edited by Liliane on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A great story to help a friend in need
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Liliane, for this great story!!!!! :D Elvis is an angel! :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes Elvis indeed was and Still is a Angel, my First thought when I read this was if he hadn't Sold them all or any at all. Elvis Probably would have bought them all, and not let Jerry Weintraub know about it. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I loooooved that history that made me widely smile in amusement...! :lol:

It becomes hard to think of someone who could change so much the course of things for so many by only using the power of his will. Elvis was an incredible magician indeed...! :P ...And a creative one for sure! 8)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: If Elvis Could " FIX IT " it in Any Way He Would! (A) :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, it's so true! :P :hello:

He could be named "Elvis The Fixer"... :D ...And most probably he is still "working" on things, 'cause a soul can't change its nature from a realm into another... :wink:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes Elvis is Still Fixings Peoples Needs Even Today, and as Long as People Ask Him for Help he will Continue. :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm 
Tiger

Quote:
Liliane wrote:
Jerry Weintraub, How Elvis saved me from disaster: In the recent documentary Jerry Weintraub tells how Elvis saved him from a business disaster.

For New Year’s Eve 1975, I took Elvis Presley to Pontiac, Mich, for a concert at the Silverdome, which is the 80,000-seat stadium right outside Detroit. I ran the concessions, which always did fabulously well. When Elvis sang, he used to take his scarf and give it to girls in the audience. He would change scarves 10 times in a single show: sweat, wipe sweat off his brow, give the scarf to some girl, and she would smell it and faint. I decided as a new item, in addition to all the key chains, pictures, and everything else, I was going to get scarves made. So I went to India, China, somewhere, and bought 35,000 scarves with his picture on them. When I arrived at the football stadium, my concessionaire came to me and said, "We got a big problem. The scarves you bought? Nobody’s buying them. You’re going to get stuck with 35,000 scarves."
Oh, my God, I thought. What a stupid mistake this is! Now I’m going to have to ship these things back. Why the hell did I do this? - (Right;Elvis the scarf, Pontiac 1975!)
I was sitting backstage with a frown on my face, which is very, very rare for me. And in comes Elvis and his entourage.
Elvis walks up to me, and says, "Are you OK? You look terrible."
"No, I’m not OK," I said. "I made a terrible mistake."
"Why?" said Elvis
"I bought 35,000 scarves and nobody cares about them."
He said, "What are you talking about? You got 80,000 people, you’re probably making $1 million tonight. What are you carrying on about?"
But I was still down.
So Elvis said, "If I fix this for you, will you smile?" And I said, "Sure, but I don’t know how you can possibly fix it." Well, he went out there and did the first two numbers, then he stopped and said, "Turn the lights on, I can’t see you." So they turned the lights in the stadium on, and Elvis said, "I tell you what I’m going to do. I’m going to take a break, get a Coca-Cola. If you go out to the concession stands, do me a favor and buy a white scarf. And then when you come back, wave it at me, and I’ll be able to see you." He went off. I sold 35,000 scarves. I was upset I didn’t have another 35,000.
I’m right much more than I’m wrong, but in that case I was really wrong.
So I guess the lesson here is: don’t buy 35,000 of anything unless you have Elvis Presley to sell them.
(News, Source;Newsweek)
(via Elvis Info net)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:47 pm 
Phoenix

HI EVERY BODY:
I HOPE ALL YOU ARE OK. WELL, LILIANE, YOUR STORY ABOUT ELVIS IS BEAUTIFUL, IT´S VERY NICE KNOW THAT ELVIS HELPED PEOPLE TO BE OK AND I KNOW THAT HE STILL DO IT.
TO YOU, SUNNY 1935 YOU ARE WELLCOME TO THIS GROUP AND I TELL YOU I AM HERE FEW TIME AGO AND I LEARN MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS.
TO ALL YOU, IT IS BEUTIFUL KNOW DIFFERENTS GOOD STORIES OF ELVIS AND I KNOW THERE ARE MANY.
MARIA JOSÉ

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it's so great that people are coming "out of the woodwork" as one "non" Elvis fan said recently, telling "what a great guy he could be when he found someone in need, be it a large need, or just a simple hug, smile or hello". I don't know very many people who were as understanding, sympathetic toward other people (and animals), who would step up to help, and most often he would do it quietly and without ever telling anyone he did it. There are a few people we've had in our lives who came close, but since he was so well known, became so famous and had a hard time living a "quiet, simple life" that he claimed he wanted, (of course, he wanted to be able to have fun and do things while living that life) it still is
amazing to learn after all this time, just how many different types of help he was capable of giving- to anyone in need at the time. He just never turned any chance down to do something nice for someone who had a need. One of a kind,
certainly so! I was looking at his early performances on Ed Sullivan's show- he was so young, his teeth had not been fixed "perfectly" as they became once he
got into making movies, but he still "knocked them dead" on those shows...and that shaky leg that he said, "made me a star"... wasn't the only reason, fer sure!
Thanks for the wonderful stories you guys are bringing forth on ELC - we can all use that warm fluffy feeling they give us!
Love, peace and good health to all, and a big welcome to all the people who come here to read about a loving, kind guy who just came along and "rocked our world" in so many different ways.
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next