It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Elvis & Priscilla divorce
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:43 pm 
Is there any official document of their divorce, on web?
I'm a little bit surprised that Priscilla continued maitaining Presley name, even after their divorce. May be Elvis asked her? I also heard they never received the official document from the Court. Is that true?
Thanks so much for any information. I'm very curious and wondering om this subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

I do not know if there is one on the web-but they were officially divorced and it was final in 73, Oct. I think. She took him back to court for more money shortly there after and he gave it to her in exchange for half custody of Lisa-meaning he could have her anytime he had time to be home with her-she stayed with him alot both in LA and Memphis. He was a good father, loving and guiding her. They didnt sign the last paper from the court which merely says they have officially divorced and they accept it. It doesn't change anything not to sign it-only that they couldn't do it-neither one wanted to put a final end on it. He loved her, she loved him and both loved their daughter. For Lisa's sake they remained a loving couple and shared like normal famliys do lots of holidays and different occasions. Lisa says she didn't know they were divorced as it didn't seem that way to her-nothing had really changed except they had more houses. Only when he died did she realize what was missing, and then it was too late for anyone to fix it. Priscilla wasn't supposed to use the Presley name to become a star etc:...it was said to be written that way in the divorce papers but Elvis would not hold her to that-he didn't care if she used it. It was a lawyer's wording not his. Elvis helped her anyway that he could, to get what she wanted from life. He resented the other men, but that was natural for him since he had been the man in her life for so long-it was hard for him to adjust. But he did...and they got along well. He would be very proud of her, for saving his home, for raising their daughter who has turned out very well, got her head on straight now and is doing good things just like her daddy did good things when he found someone in need. Lisa has the means to do bigger good things and she does them in memory of her father and for him, too. It is a daunting challenge and she and Priscilla have hit it head on and they don't falter. Neither would he. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:13 am 
Thank you very much, Wanda. You're really a very nice person :P

I was also supposing Elvis asked Priscilla to maintain Presley name, feeling he could keep her closer to him. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Wanda,

Recently there was a discussion going on on TCB about Pris being a good mother (or not).

I always have the impression she was cold, had other priorities then Lisa at the time.

I have a forumfriend who knows Lisa on a friendly base and she told me she didn't like Priscilla because of the things Lisa had told her about her.

I think Pris made mistakes raising Lisa. When I see Lisa speaking about her dad I still see a lost little girl mourning. When I see her today or I see her at the funeral pics it is like time stood still.

It makes me wonder, DID this girl ever had the chance to properly mourn her dad.
Did she receive the attention and the comfort and softness of a gentle mother.

I leave that open because I did not witness them together at those times.

I know trough many many books that Lisa was sent off to summercamp right after funeral and I'm sorry but that still seems so odd to me. I have two daughters myself and cannot imagine doing that to them in same situation.
Little girls need so many warmth and love and attention.

Mine are now teenagers and still like to hug like crazy.

One of the people close to Elvis I spoke to in Memphis refered to Priscilla being "a highway". Cold and hard.
Is that to believe or not I leave in the middle, I know Pris had her ennemies in the inner circle especially after Elvis his death.

But it was a sentence that kept lingering in my mind.

I think at the time Pris wanted Lisa to forget a lot about her dad. Perhaps simply because she didn't like discussing him or because it would mean she had to spill the beans about her own past behaviour, I don't know.

LIsa did act as a very disturbed teenager. Lots of causes were available. Early death of her most favourite parent, too many unanswered questions, boyfriends of mother she never cared for, left alone quite a lot with grandparents, aunt, householdstaff while mommy was discovering herself and travelling all over the globe.

Lisa came out fine but only after a long long time. She has indeed strong shoulders and a good view on life. She became a no nonsens person and I really really hope she received finally all the answers she needed regarding her dad. I hope she confronted her mother with lots of things. I think they did some straighttalk after many many years and that is perhaps why they finally are on better terms.

I noticed Lisa's behaviour in Oprah last year and was "shocked" at her reaction when her mom enterred. It was odd to say the least.
There was no warmth between them at all.
On the other hand I liked the way Lisa confronted her in EBTP saying you are still not over it...
(ref to her birth) and they giggled. It showed me LIsa is like her dad a very gentle and nice person who can forgive "a lot".

I also noticed Priscilla saying she "used" to be such a lovely little girl (referring to Lisa)

Well I think that was from the time, life was still beautiful for Lisa. Parents were together and there were no problems she had to worry about.

Things changed and a little girl "saw" to much grief, pain, and other things she was not supposed to see.

Lisa is a smart girl, I trust her to still know a lot about her dad and the conversations they had together and the time they spend together. Hope every single nice moment will never slip her mind.
Elvis adored Lisa and I do hope so much Lisa will continue to realise that.

Things may have been kept silent for her for years but you know truth prevails allways.

IMO Lisa should contact more her family and relatives of her dad in Memphis. They are still people who care for her and complain they never got to see her in private. She should do that and talk to them and hear their version. She is an adult she can still sort out for herself afterwards what to believe and what not to believe.

Only having the side of the story of her mother is wrong IMO.
She seems hesitant to do so, perhaps because of the strong influence still of Priscilla I don't know. Or perhaps she isn't readdy to know more or to know some disturbing stories.

Perhaps one day she will

I can't help having the feeling Pris was jealous about the good relationship Elvis had with his daughter and also the fact Lisa loved to spend time with Linda while being in Memphis or his California house(s)

Lots of sad and disturbing stories I know about that episode of their life, esp regarding Pris reactions and comments on both of them.

So sad a little girl had to be witness or victim of a very childish behaviour of the mother. Can you even imagine how she must have felt being so young.

LIke often the case in divorces, children are victims, toyed with, blackmailed, even mentally or even worse physically abused simply because the parents feel frustrated and have no outlet for their feelings of vengeance.

A question to you Wanda:

Did Elvis consider Pris as "a good mother" or did he think Lisa would have been better of with him and Linda.

I know it disturbed him big time that Lisa saw Priscilla in bed with Mike Stone and after Mike still some others.

And Wanda do you know there is truth in the story of Priscilla toying with the idea of Lisa being adopted by Mike S. (like she was adopted by Paul Beaulieu) It is a story circulating but never had it confirmed by any of my sources neither.

I don't even like to think about the pain and the fear Elvis must have had to loose Lisa forever.

IF it is true, where was her mind at the time. :shock: :shock:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Alna, in addition to all your viewpoints, I would like to add what came to my mind while reading your words.
Obviously Priscilla wasn't happy after finding out she was pregnant SO SOON after the marriage and somewhere I read she even considered abortion!
These thoughts and feelings definitely are felt by the soul of the unborn child and this may result that the child will never feel truelly ACCEPTED later even if only unconsciously.
Elvis on the other hand, as we all know, was ecstatic from the first moment he knew he would be a father and that deepened the love between Elvis' and Lisa's soul from the very beginning. :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:49 am 
Site Admin

I have “hear” on another forum that somebody asked Pris in a book signing in London (I think it was) that person asked “why did you keep the Presley name even though you were divorced for 4 years when Elvis passed?” and Pris said that when they spoke last time (2 weeks before he died) he asked her to keep his name and she thought that was strange but said okay..She also said that a certain “spark” was gone from his voice she that if she had known what will happen two weeks later she would have told him sooo many things she felt and didn’t say because the times sometimes wasn’t right or she was too shy to say something and then was quite.
Personally I don’t think it’s the big deal some fans make it out to be…many women have done that... not just normal women even celebs!! There are sooo many I could list (Cyn Lennon even though she remarried 3 times after John… Vivian Cash she remarried also many many more!!) Which don’t get much controversy like Pris has over her jeez people rip her apart for it!! Pris is a good actress in her own right.. Aaron Spelling offered her a role in Charlie’s Angels but she said no because Lisa was too young (she also quit Dallas because her son was born). This subject really annoys me because its blow WAYY Out of proportion. That’s all I have to say…
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I never had "any" problem with her keeping the name at all.

Legally perhaps not correct I don't know but it never bothered me.

Some people are disturbed by it big time.

Personnaly I still have more problems with her behaviour past and prior the seperation then with her now keeping the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:08 am 
Site Admin

Yes Alna thats "rational".... I dont really know that much about your longer post so I'll just wait and see what Wanda has to say but you sure know how much I love to read ur longer ones hehhe (your my eye opener :hug: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Regina, Gina :wink:

Ilove to type all my toughts at once and yes sometimes very elaborate ones.

That is what I want to be an eyeopener.

Never hide , want to let people know the truth.

My vieuws on the Presley family formed itself over 30 years now. Reading like crazy.
In Memphis 1997 I had a very good opportunity to meet someone of his inner circle.

It was a funny coincidence. We had contacted someone to be our guide in Memphis. He was an ex (retired) tour guide at Graceland , a Memphis born guy.

He knew Elvis but esp was a good friend of a relative of Elvis.
We had him hired and after 3 days he invited us at his home to have a drink. While there talking somone enterrred and they spoke a while a bit their own accented language (I did not understand everything) and the man left again.

Our guide asked us if we know who that was and we didn't.
He said the name and I realised then it was a family member of Elvis.

I knew the surname but not really the big importance in Elvis his life yet. You must remember we had no internet connection at the time .

When our week was over the guide invited us to have a last dinner together. We had bought him dinner on another evening and now it was his turn he said to pay.
Without our knowledge B. was invited too. We had a very special private evening with no other fans nor media nor anything . Just a table of 6 peoples.

LOTS of stories were told and after dinner , we had some jack Daniels and the tongues became looser.

I had always a fascination about Priscilla and her leaving so I tought this is my chance, a once in a lifetime chance to be that close to someone who knew him. nd I asked and asked and asked.

Every single word is storred in my memory forever.

I only was once in Memphis but still keep contact with our tourguide, first via mail nowadays via email . LOL

I bought pics from his personnal collection, never seen pics of Graceland and of exquisite quality.

We still share now and then some stories or some gossips.

It was years later I met here Wanda June Hill and we became friends and we began to PM.

The night of revelations in Memphis had given me lots of pieces of a big puzzle. But afterwards reflecting about them I still had gaps needed to be filled to make the whole picture.

Wanda June Hill gave me some pieces too and you know they all fitted perfetly.

At that moment I knew Wanda could be trusted, she really spoke the truth about things never written.

There I was having 3 independant sources telling same things, what a lucky girl I was.

I promised Wanda and my two Memphis guys to keep the confidential things to myself, I will do that as long as I live. I know in my hearth these are the real true facts.

Believe me they made me cry big time, they still do now and then and I still feel upset now and then.

Especially when I read many untrue things, and I cannot react because I have to keep things to myself sometimes.

So I try to tell very carefully some little hints of truth, never revealing the source.

But you know Regina truth prevails always and many many people who are not that impressed about EPE are readdy to share their side of the story. It is only a BIG shame that LOTS and I mean LOTS of people dont see the truth for what she is. They ridiculise people like our dear Wanda, say she didn't know him etc etc, those people would even ignore the truth if she was told by Elvis himself.

I can't help feeling sorry for those but HEY that's their own stupid descision. :roll: :roll:

For those who listen carefully , truth will prevail, believe me. :wink:

OK that was another long one. :D :D

Last edited by ALNA on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:10 am 
Site Admin

Alna I love that post :love: ...it only brings sadness to my heart because I know I will never find my own road to Memphis, TN...even if I did most of these people will sadly be gone...all i have is my dear Wanda (which only god knows how much Im greatful for!!)...See Im just a bad case of born at the wrong time wrong decade LOL....I have always wanted to see so much..soo much that has ended... I remember when I was old enough to be admitted to a concert the only artist I wanted to see live (Johnny Cash) stopped performing for health issues that was sooo annoying it just blew me to pieces and now.. Lisa doesnt tour the middle east...not just wrong timing wrong placing ahhh its annoying!!!!

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next