It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:46 pm 
YOU KNOW SUE YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE LIKE ELVIS BEING SHY, AND SO SCARED TO DEATH ABOUT GOING ON STAGE. THAT HAVING THE CAREER THAT HE DID, YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ELSE WITH HIS LIFE. BUT THANK YOU LORD THAT HE DIDN'T, BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE IF HE DID HE WOULD HAVE BEEN WITH US LONGER TO. :? BARB!!

Post subject: His thoughts...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I posted this on "Tribulations" as well. But I wanted to be sure it was seen by more people so here it is again."

I recall Elvis saying, when so many things were coming out in print about John Kennedy after his death, "You can tell a man's worth, his greatness by the number of people trying to cut him down when he's dead." He lamented the tales, some unsavory, and said, "You know, the man has children who will have to live with this the rest of their lives. The written word is sharper than a serpents tooth, and never dies, lurking forever, always ready to spring forth at any time. It's a shame that people have to know every detail of a man's life, relishing every spot when their own lives, if hung up for inspection would be found full of stains."

(The following is taken from the King James Bible, Matthew 14:54, and after my alterations, Matthew 14:57. I used this in Elvis-face to face and will again.)

"And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their own synagogue, and they were astonished, and said, "Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?"

Is this not the labor's son? Is not his mother called Gladys? And is he not the one with relatives on relief? Did he not come from "shaker town"? Where for did he get off being so high and mighty-called a "king"?

"And they were offended in him, but Jesus said unto them, "A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house."

To me this just about says it all. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:30 pm 
WELL IT GOES TO SHOW THAT THE ONES THAT AFTER ELVIS DIED AND STILL TODAY WITH THEIR TRASH ABOUT HIM, LIKE THE SCRIPTURE YOU JUST READ WANDA. THEY HAVE TO DRAG OTHERS THROUGH THE GUTTER, SO ALL THE BAD THINGS THEY DO IN THEIR LIVES CAN BE HIDDEN. BUT LITTLE DO THEY KNOW, LIKE ME AND EVERYONE THERE WELL COME A DAY WHEN WE ALL WELL HAVE TO STAND BEFORE THE LORD AND GIVE AN ACCOUNT OF OUR LIVES. WHAT REALLY TICKS ME OFF ABOUT THE ONES THAT HAVE TRASHED ELVIS SINCE HIS DEATH, WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT DOING IT WHEN HE WAS ALIVE. :x FairyTale!!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: the ones who trash-
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Oh they did, but behind his back and among their own kind- You can bet they wouldn't want him to hear about them saying such things---heck no! They knew their "a--
would be grass!" Fer sure. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:48 am 
I'M SORRY AND I KNOW ELVIS WOULDN'T WHAT ME TO SAY THIS, BUT I DO WISH AT LEAST ONE TIME ELVIS WOULD HAVE KNOCKED A FEW OF THEIR TEETH DOWN THEIFR THROATS! I HAVE 2 MOVIES OF ELVIS'S THAT HAS SONNY AND RED WEST I THEM, AND I HAVE TO TURN MY HEAD SO AS NOT TO LOOK AT THEM! FairyTale!!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I HAVE 2 MOVIES OF ELVIS'S THAT HAS SONNY AND RED WEST I THEM

What are the names of the two movies?

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:31 pm 
SONNY WEST WS IN TROUBLE WITH GIRLS, AND PROBALY A FEW MORE AND RED WEST WAS IN WILD IN THE COUNTRY, AND PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS!! FairyTale!!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]