It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: elvis and spiritual life
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

When I watch Elvis sing my heart is full because no matter what he sings the emotional response from those watching him at a concert or onstage is really how Elvis was able to go on and on even though his spirit was in great pain.
He sought help from many sources and he encouraged others to seek a spiritual quest of their own.
Love for his fans was such a huge part of who Elvis was. He said he thought he was here to entertain people if only just for a little while.
I believe that Elvis knew that his time to leave earth was near as early as 1973. He read constantly and wrote in the margins of books that he read over and over again or if a question came to him he would ask it on that particular page. Elvis sought relief and release from his pain in recording gospel songs that he so loved.
Elvis was starving, on an emotional level, when he first met Larry Geller. For Elvis it was as though God himself had sent Larry to him at that point of his life. Elvis read the books that Larry recommended and he took much from what he read.
He was an intelligent man but he had human frailities that all humans share. He was weak when he could have been stronger, he put his health aside in order to do one last show or another concert, he took medications that, at first, he probably did believe were safe, and by the time he knew what was happening to his physical and his emotional self; he began his search.
He gave much to this world and nearly 30 years since he left at the end of his spiritual traveling on earth, we still discuss Elvis, we listen to his music, we read books about him and yet we are never quite full. There is an emptiness that began the day he left this world; a void that can not be filled for so many.
At the end when Elvis began having dreams that scared him enough to talk about them with some people that he thought he could trust, he absolutely knew his end was very, very close.
He did indeed neglect his physical shell until it could take not even one more step. He was exhausted from trying to live and to understand why he was chosen to be Elvis.
A power higher than any on planet earth saw how tired Elvis was and scooped him up and took him home. Believing that helps my heart to feel better. He did have dreams that were not realized such as touring abroad or acting in a dramatic role but he accomplished more in his short life than millions together do in a 100 years.
Someday we will meet on the spiritual path and maybe it is through our love for him that each of us will find the way there.
I do believe that and I also am more secure in the knowledge that Elvis Presley was sent here for a reason.
During his life he wanted someone to love him for himself and except for his mother and maybe his father he did not find that person. He was tired of 'being Elvis' and he did tell people that, in confidence.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:07 pm 
COOPER 51' LAURIE SAID SHE WOULD BE MORE THE HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH A AVATAR, GO LOOK UNDER LETTERS TO MAIA. I WOULD DO IT BUT I NEED YOUR PASSWORD TO GET INTO YOUR PROFILE, AND AFTER TOMORROW I WON'T BE ONLINE FOR A LITTLE WHILE. SO THATS WHY I CAN'T HELP RIGHT NOW, OK? FAIRYTALE!

Post subject: Elvis speaks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"I'm not afraid to die anymore. I've seen what lies beyond, and it is far more beautiful than anything in this life." from Elvis Speaks 1997/2004 p.240.

By this point in his life, Elvis had begun his spiritual journey. I think here is is trying to let all who read or heard what he talked about that everyone can be a spirit or could have a spiritual part of themselves that they did not need to be afraid to reveal; if they had courage enough to simply open up the heart wide enough and keep it open. He was getting tired and from time to time he was exhausted from the supreme taxing, both physically and emotionally, of being 'Elvis.'
When he spoke about what it was like to be 'Elvis' he said "An image is one thing, a human being is another. I'ts very hard to live up to an image." Elvis Speaks
I am listening to Elvis sing a song called "How the web is woven" and like most songs there are different ways to 'hear' what he is singing--what the words mean. His soul, according to the singer, was woven within a web that also wound around his heart so that he was no longer free.
By the last day of his life Elvis was, of course, a different man than he was when he began to share his gifts with us. But, I believe he discovered how to remove this web so he could be free of the image and just be ready to be go on and BE alive, fully alive, his spiritual self.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:53 am 
Dear Cooper,

My point of view, if you don't mind it, is that the spiritual journey starts in this reality from the first moment we come to life. I see it like a process of developing conscience of who we are, what is our mission on Earth and how to accomplish it.

The incidences in our life are the anecdotes that feed our field of experience. They are only significatives in relation with the conscience that experience brings to us.

Developing conscience of ourselves, brings conscience of others and of the meaning of Life. As we progress in that conscience, it's easier not to identify with everything that happens to us, but we look at it with a growing perspective. Then, we are more and more ready to see ourselves as a vehicle for a wider Reality, and less as pasive subject of Life.

This change of our point of view, impulses us into "acting" our life, instead than "reacting" to it.

I feel that this is a process Elvis modeled for us to understand.

Excuse me for being too extense, but don't get to be shorter. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Guess who is Guest? 8)

I'm so sorry, but I keep coming in and out of the forum, in little spare time, that I forget to log in sometimes. :(

Well, the one above is me. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
bringing this subject back to reflect on Elvis' take on his True Spirit, that which is one and the same in all of us, connecting us back to the One True Light!

Thank you Sue, for remarking this very important question, that is so easyly forgettable.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3