It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis speaking of Lisa 70 - 76
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Las Vegas 70

Elvis: She's growin' so, hard to believe she's already a big kid, ya know. Walkin' an' ever thing, goin' round sayin' daddy this, 'n daddy that-ya know, she calls me Elvis!
W. She calls you Elvis-well, she hears everybody else call you that-
Elvis: Yeah, but it's funny, she'll come up to me, an' she'll say, eh...she can't say my name right, 'n she'll say...Ev...us...al-vus...
W. (Laughs) She calls you Al-vus!
Elvis: Yeah...uh-huh, it's really cute. I'll say, I'm your daddy, not Ev-us...I'm your daddy. She'll say, Okay...daddy...Al-vus! (Chuckles) Man, it's funny! Ya know, what she done last week, when ah's home; she came in, when I came in, 'n I'm on the phone, 'n she comes in an' she's standin' there, she wants to ask me somethin', got somethin' she wants to show me, an' I'm not payin' any attention to her, she comes up an' she stands there ya know, an' I'm still not payin' any attention to her an' you know what she did, ya know what the onery little heffier did!
W. No-what 'd she do?
Elvis: She hauled off 'n kicked me in the leg; damn near broke my shin bone, ya know.
W. She kicked you!
Elvis: Yeah, she wanted to get my attention an...an' I wasn't payin' her any attention an' I don't...I forbid her to come in an' interrupt me by talkin' to me or somethin, ya know, when I'm on the phone...she's to be quiet till I say, excuse me, let me talk to Lisa, till I ask her an=eh-she-she (giggles) she kicked me in the leg, damn near broke my leg----but it got my attention!
W. I bet it did!
[He laughs}

Vegas 75

{ he has a bout of Vegas throat and is slightly hoarse, doesn't feel well and isn't happy to be separated from his daughter. I asked him how he felt about that.

Elvis: Eh...Lisa is eh, probably the most important thing in my life-eh-I never would've ...I never would've believed it, ya know. When-when I eh=s growin' up always figured I'd be married, I'd have children. Always wanted a family...eh, I-I like children, eh...I like their innocence, their trust, n' loyalty, their...eh...ya know, ya can...the Bible says you should look at things through the eyes of a child, well, all ya hafta do is be around them, an' if you spend any time with them, you realize what that means because they have such a trusting, open way of looking at things and people, and their view of the world is so precious, and...if we could, as adults, could see things with the uncyincal eyes of a child our world would be a better place. We'd solve our problems, because we would all love each other, unquestioningly. And, that's what I like about children, they're so loving an...they don't question your motives. I always thought I'd have children; I miss her, I miss her a great deal, it's eh, very difficult to...eh...to say good-bye when she leaves...and she...says to me, she says, Daddy, why do you cry when I leave, ya know, it makes me cry then we both cry and eh...when I get older, it's gonna mess up my make-up!
W. ]Laughs[
Elvis: She...she's something, really something...'An' one time, one time...not too long ago...I=I=I had my make up on...I was ready for the stage, an' eh...somethin' happened, don't know what it was now but...but I=I had...eh...tears started to fall ya know, an' she looks at me an' she says, Daddy, no, you gotta stop that, 'cause, because your make up is gonna run! (Laughs)

Elvis: She loved bein' with us, ya know, goin' out on the plane, bein' there to tell me what to do, 'n all that. She's pretty quick to let me know somethin's not right...an' if she thinks I got too much make up or somethin' -had to use it for camera's ya know...'n kinda...eh...didn't look real good, skin color 'an all...on fim 'n the lighting...ya know. A camera picks up ever thin', can't hide much ya know. She's tellin' me it wasn't a good job...'n I said, honey, it's the best we can' do...an' she...she ...it was how she looked at me....wish ...never seen it, but it's okay...she's jus' a little girl but sometimes....it's kinda like...she's seen it all, ya know...that look of...of...the ages...all knowing kinda... emotional, really. It got to me....'n had to...to...tell 'em to take her out...so she could sit 'n watch...ya know. really...I....didn't want to...to....(Clears throat, coughs) says, It was jus' somethin' how she-she looked at me...sometimes kids can do that...like pierce your heart...n' all.... lord....guess 'cause they kinda be-come your heart....
end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:37 pm 
So beautiful Wanda, thank you very much for this little gem!

Clearly shows again how much he loved her, no matter what some people say! Unbelievable that even some of those close to him say that Lisa was just another trophy for him, that he lost interest, that he felt she was upstaging him, bla bla bla... I wonder what makes them think like that???

Thanks again!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Wanda thank you so much for taking the time to post and share these wonderful conversations you had with Elvis talking about his precious little girl!!! :D :D :D The first conversation was so funny and cute to read and I could just picture a precocious and obviously very determined little Lisa giving her "little daddy" a swift kick in the leg!! :lol: :wink: :P Poor Elvis--I can just imagine the look on his face when she did that. :shock: :P The other conversations touched my heart in such a special way too as he spoke of how precious his baby girl and all children are. :) :) I think it is very telling how he spoke of her being so wise beyond her years as we know that her loving daddy was the exact same way. :) Every parent loves their child, but I truly feel that the special souls of Elvis and his little girl, much like him with his own mother, were connected in a very deep and special way from a long time ago. :D Reading everything you've posted here, it is so easy to see how very much he loved and adored her. :D :D :D They were both so blessed to have each other. :D :D :D

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Only a stupid selfish, self serving pin-head would even come up with some kind of trash like that! Elvis not care about his daughter!!! SHE was upstaging him!!!! Those people who have the gal to say such things are just showing what their chemically alterted mental condition really has become. They want to "show he had spots" by holding up such nonsense-all it does is show the deep, irreversable stains on themselves. wjh

There was a problem with alot of those people who were "a round" him, that he kept on his payroll because he felt they "needed looking after" were so busy doing their own thing as much as they could, mostly behind his back I might add (he knew it, he just let them do their thing because he knew he was "demanding of their time") ; their problem was they took every word out of his mouth seriously and turned it around from their own point of view, mainly because they didn't actually KNOW the guy behind that image and compared him to what they thought he would be if THEY were him. I know that he joked around, said things that one would think he "meant" unless you knew his sense of humor - if you took something of of context-sure it would sound "bad" or "off the wall". Once he said to me in telling proudly I must say, what Lisa was learning in school and how intelligent she was and how she showed him up at her age, that he wasn't hardly able to tie his shoes etc:...at her age. Such a common kind of fatherly comment could be misconstrued by some people I suppose... He loved it that people noticed her, that she "stole" the show when he introducedher...he was just tickled silly by it all. After all, she WAS his baby girl and he was her father, fer sure and loved being her daddy. When he was so ill, he didn't want her to see him that way, he didn't want her to worry and it hurt him that she had to wait outside for him to "wake up" because he slept days and she nights...he knew it wasn't good for her, but sometimes adults can't make things perfect no matter how much they want to do it. He was after all, that "machine that couldn't break down, go in for repairs or fail to perform". He was the engine that ran the train...the power train for it all...regardless of what they might think their job was...it was nothing compared to his. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm 
Beautiful pictures!!!

Wanda, I think that a lot of hard-working carreer-orientated busy daddies out there could take Elvis as a good example for what real love is... He understood and cherished his daughter so much, and they were not even living together permanently!

That last part of the conversation really makes one teary-eyed.

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

You are right Ingrid, so many guys and some women too, get so wrapped up in doing their job, they forget to do the other job-family time and it's too bad. But that's life for most people I guess. I am glad that I wasn't one of those working full time moms-because it would have been tough-in my day, women were just beginning to get a little back bone but not that much-I admit that the first 10 years of marriage my whole life revolved around Jimmie and what he wanted to do, see, eat, etc: and it seemed okay at that time. However, I was sooo very lucky because he was not the type to "pin me down" in the house etc:...he was happy that I was able to go meet Elvis the first time at the studio, that I was talking to him and then he got to talk to thim and that was great- and if he had said no, then I wouldn't have ever had the chance to know Elvis nor would he. He was never jealous of Elvis, but he sure was of other guys! That was pretty funny to me, but it could have had bad consquences if I were not fully aware of how he was-like one time a guy followed me home on his motorcycle-from a shopping center parking lot-he tired talking to me there and I said I had to get home and make dinner. Youd of thought he would have guessed by that I was married???? But no, he came up on his nice big Harley motorcycle right to the curb in front of our house and shut off the motor, like he was coming over. I was bringing in the groceries in the driveway and Jimmie was working on his hot rod in the garage- The guy honked his horn...Jimmie came out of the garage and just happened to have a big wrench in his hand...he said to me, "Who the hell is that?" We both stood there looking at the guy who kicked the motor over and took off. I think it was the wrench that did it! What ever, Jimmie "grew about 3 feet taller" because he was angry the guy had the nerve to show up behind me. Elvis laughed and laughed when I told him about that incident-he found it to be so funny and even mentioned it to Jimmie and laughed some more-over the wrench in hand-macho you know! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Loved the image of Jimmie with the wrench in his hand, so manly... and afterwards that of Elvis and him laughing and laughing, when the most dangerous for any husband should be having ELVIS(! ) around his wife :!: :!: This is the funniest aspect of all! Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
Loved the image of Jimmie with the wrench in his hand, so manly... and afterwards that of Elvis and him laughing and laughing, when the most dangerous for any husband should be having ELVIS(! ) around his wife :!: :!: This is the funniest aspect of all! Image

I agree with your thoughts here dear Amanda. :wink: :P :D The thought that Jimmie was not jealous of Elvis but was jealous of other guys is pretty funny. :P :lol: :wink: Sweet Wanda thank you for sharing this great story with us. :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]