It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Palm Springs House!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: If I remember right didn't you tell me you were only on the outside of Elvis' Palm Springs House? Will here is a Picture of some where on the pout side of Elvis' Palm Springs House, I wondered if you remember this?

Image :D :love:

Post subject: Re: Palm Springs House!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

No, I do not recall seeing that fountain- I remember the big iron gates and the tall cement/stucco painted fence around the place. The view I got inside was off the patio where there were large glass doors that were open- he came out of them and went back in after they told him the person he was waiting on had arrived.
I went back around the way I came in, he and they were on that side near some very tall yucca trees. I was not inside that house- just got a view into it - it was a beautiful home, then the view was of desert/mountains and no housing behind them. I think he had another wing added on with a large master suite kind of set up for him and Priscilla and Lisa to have for their own use. He was always adding or building onto Graceland it seemed to me- and I guess he did the same with other houses he "owned"... he thought the Palm Springs house was "a little small" and he wanted Priscilla and he to have space for themselves. I never saw that part at all. Mainly, just the Iron gates and those huge window/doors and that
wonderful view of the desert area stuck with me. I have never been by there since so it's kind of changed all over that area by now, I'm sure, probably wouldn't be able to recognize it at all now.
That photo of the fountain walk way is beautiful...I would love to have that in my yard! I wonder if it was leading to the pool area? I can't recall seeing the
pool but I think there was one there- he liked having a pool and all the houses had one.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: That is really a Beautiful House he had, I bet all of them were. I would have a Pool at all of them to. I bet the View of the Dessert and Mountains were Beautiful, so does this look like the House you were at even though you don't remember the Fountain? I sen another picture of this same house on the inside, I was going to post. But I knew you said your never went inside, so I figured you wouldn't remember what the inside looked like. I wonder why Elvis never had another Place in Mississippi, even though the Circle G didn't Pan out? :love:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

He loved the Circle G though, and got good use from it for quite a while, he just got too busy and then everything fell apart with his family and he didn't have the heart for the place anymore- but he had people living there, family members so it was always available to him - I think the memories that were there overcame his heart too much, he just couldn't be there anymore because it reminded him of what he'd lost too much.
That I think is why he let Linda redo Graceland- to get rid of the memories that were everywhere he looked of Pris and Lisa and himself... she didn't touch his
mother's stuff or his bedroom though, just the down stairs apparently, though he never said much about it at all. Maybe she did put the red carpet in the bathroom??? Haven't a clue about that. . Pris couldn't stand how it looked,
and immediately put it back like it was when they lived there together - she did have an eye for decor and even he said that about their other houses... I didn't like the red and white either but it was totally different than what she and he had and that was Linda's effort- to help him get over it all. It didn't work...and I think actually changing it so much was not a good thing, it made him think about how it used to look even more perhaps. I don't know.
I only recall the stone work but I do not remember that particular area at all-
the gate I went in was just a regular entrance and was like maybe a service
entrance gate...it was a double gate from what I remember and had tall iron work and it was open as if expecting someone to come in there- so I walked in and it was right off the side and led to the back patio area. all you could see of the house was the A framed roof line over the fence from the front and side
but it was a beautiful place, well landscaped and kept up. And very hot that day... I remember it was cool coming from the house- on the patio side...like maybe air conditioning was in the ceiling of the patio??? Elvis did like to be cool
and the seating area had a cool breeze blowing through there and I could feel it.
It was the desert- Palm Springs is near mountains, but it is low desert I believe-
heck may be high desert, I can never figure out which is high and which is low
except it is the elevation from sea level and upwards and downwards. I think we live in the mid range level- it's called "inland" areas...but we are on the side of a mountain so.... beyond my level of figuring it out!
bye,
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Here is a Picture of the inside of Elvis' Palm Springs Home! At First I thought that was some kind of Great Big Lamp with a Huge Lamp Shade in the Middle there, but it is a Fire Place! :lol:

Image :love:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

I wonder if that couch was there when he was there- if so, it was the one he hated to try to sit on because there was no "back" on it other than pillows. He
was having back problems at the time though, it was after she had left him and
maybe he felt he could "bitch" about the furnishing then. It looked beautiful in
side,. but I don't remember the black hood on the fire pit so that wasn't a room I could see into - I saw a rock wall
one- at least that was how I recall it looking, like a rock walled fireplace area.
I imagine there were more than one in that house... I would have liked to seen the kitchen. The Graceland one was so ordinary looking, and they still have the
original refg. and stoves that were there when he was there, and when his mom was there also. That's neat I think, that they keep it going as it was...Thanks for posting that- there was always a lot of white, black and some green and reds in his decor.... some dark navy blue also.Thanks for posting that picture- it was a super looking place- very modern design for the times.
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I would have to agree with Elvis about the couch should have a Back to it, so did he help decide about the decor of his Homes, or did he leave up to Pris? If I ever get the Money to get some ink for my Printer, I will copy off some photos from the Book I got for Christmas about want his other Homes he had in California Looked like and Post them on here. I do Love the Colors he Picked for the Decor of his Homes, that is if he is the one that Picked the colors? :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

He thought Priscilla had good taste, he let her choose and she considered his likes and wants in type and colors for furniture and etc.... He trusted her judgment and always said she had "good taste" and a "sense for how things ought to fit together"... Elvis was very proud of her, and he always was, right to the end of things. Even after that, he defended her in many ways and he missed her company and said he loved to hear her laugh.
I think a lot of the decor in their houses was her ideas though she did have decorators to help with a lot of it. Every time they moved or got a new place she pretty much had a choice of what decorator to consult... he said word got out
fast. Printer ink costs a fortune! I think they purposely make them so they use "color" as well as black and white when just printing black and white because
mine runs out of color ink regardless if I used it or not! I wish they made just a black and white printer...I'd buy one.
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image :hello: Here is another Picture of a Bed Room at Elvis' Palm Springs Home, I know what you mean about Printer ink. I to wish they made a all Black white Printer, I think they make the color ink go Fast on Purpose so you have to Buy More. :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, Apparently the place pictured is the house that was purchased for he and Priscilla, and now it is on the verge of being lost as the buyers have filed for
bankruptcy protection. In these times, it's difficult to try a venture of any type, much less one that's based on restoring, refurnishing and then advertising to people who might have money and are Elvis fans who'd like to stay there etc. I wish them luck, it would be heartbreaking for anyone to have to give up their dream, but in this case, it's an Elvis fan who wanted to do something for him and his fans and also, keep the memories going. A prayer that they have what they need most, is reasonable.
It was a beautiful place, and the photo's of the entrance do not seem like what i remember it being- there is no privacy fence of cement/ stucco but perhaps that
was just around the back area, where I was for a few minutes. It was a long time ago, and I can still see and feel the area, his movements and the cool air coming
from somewhere like an air conditioner...That is very clear to me...and the big glass walls that opened up into the house. Also that view...it was spectacular though now is all houses...
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next