It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

Today, 30 years ago, Elvis gave his last performance, took his last bow, said Adios, till we meet again. And just about 8 weeks later he left everything behind except the deep abiding love in his heart and went to meet the Lord he so revered and trusted with the faith of a child.

He wasn't feeling well that trip, was all he could do to get out there, but said once he was on the stage, everything was okay and he felt better. He said, "It's the folks out there, they fill me up." He meant with their love and delight in seeing him.
I spoke with Suzy last night having finally caught her in her room as she was getting ready for bed! She was very "alive" sounding and thinking good-remembering the past and she said she had spoken with Elvis in July, that he told her he was scared sometimes and was crying because he didn't know what to do- she had told me this story before on a couple of occasions-shortly after his death when she wasn't forgetting things and a gain a few times but this time she finished "his" sentence. He was worried and didn't know what to do about the book coming out and what all it might have in it. He was afraid his fans would think he was "awful" and afraid that they wouldn't understand what was going on in his life, how he had been emotionally distrought over the divorce, his health and even his career. She said she told him he would always prevail, that he should not worry as he had led an extraordinary life, he had stood tall and remained a good example publiclly, he had been charitable beyond his means at times and he had refrained from reckless abandon in his personal life. He had shown everyone how to be caring, to love openly and without expecting anything in return. He had turned the other cheek when he could have done otherwise and he had forgiven even those who betrayed him, accused him and slandered him, including the "marksmen reporters". She said he cried softly, thanked her for reminding him, for thinking he was so "pure of spirit and body" and that he appreciated her words, he would hold them close to his heart, take them out when he needed to feel better. She said he told her that he only knew of a few "good women like her, and his momma was one of them". He said "Thank you baby," before he said bye-bye. Later he would call again, speak to her husband briefly, then to her and she felt he was telling them good bye as when he was going to hang up he said, "I love you, thank you. Good bye friends". She didn't hear from him again and he was gone within days of that last call. She thought he was possibly close by but wasn't sure when that call was made. He had Lisa with him. wjh

Post subject: Re: Conversations and Memories!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I am using another computer as mine is off for right now-hope I can get it back up again! Anyway, just to let you all know I M STILL kicking only a little less these days. We had Suzy's memorial last Sat. and lots of people came, some couldn't due to the distance and some to their age as well. It was nice to see people we had not for a while and she would have been "working the room" enjoying it all.
We've had rain and cold though today it's nice.
The family has grown-the cat we couldn't catch, who is more feral than all the others, finally came in and found a reason to stayinside the house. I had been trying to catch her before she was pg but didn't make it in time and she was too far along to spay we decided. Anyway, she listened to me and to her mom Jezebell whom I kept telling to get her little girl to come inside where she would be warm and safe to have her babies. I started calling Jesebell's kittens "key-keys" when she brought them here when they were about 5 weeks or so old, they were far under the ever green bushes on the hills side and hid out so we couldn't catch them all for some time. Anyway, Spyder Girl named after the sports car and the fact she looked like a big spider hopping about when a kitten, had 7 babies on Wed.night in the place I made for her in my office behind a bunch of stuff for "her security feelings", she has become quite affectionate and wanted me right with her when she delivered her brood. All seven are healthy and doing well and very oddly marked as is she and her family. She and the kittens will be spayed and neutered fer sure We have almost 6 acres here so plenty of room; they will all learn to stay in the shed made for their comfort and safety at night and hopefully we all can sleepbetter. starla and I are up at allhours sometimes due to other cats (toms mainly) coming here to snoop, hunt and eat the cat show we leave out for these weve taken in...it's hard to get a goodnights sleep! And too, we don't have outside dogs now to keep away the cayotes and they come here to hunt too- they can climb a fence like a cat- it'samazing.

Bye now,I'll be back on here soon-
Fran called a couple days ago- she sounds stronger and in good frame of mind. Still doing chemo which is a pain for anyone to have to sit through etc:...but she's doing pretty well and Elvis keeps her company singing along while she's sitting there. Just "doin' his job".

I'll be sooo glad when I can catch up on everything here!
love, wjh :hello:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:43 pm 
:hello: My Dear Wanda it is So Good To See You Here, I have Missed You So Much. I'm Listening to A Very Handsome Awesome Singer, right now he is also being his Silly Onery Self on this CD to! :lol: It Sounds like You have become a Cat Women! :D I know all to well how them Kitties can Grab your Heart, Mine Shelby Lynn which I named after Shelby County Tennesse where I Precious Man Lived is Solid Black and Kacy Lee is a Pale Yellow. They are Brother and Sister, I think I have told you about them before but maybe not My Brain isn't remembering right now. :lol: They well be 2 years old in April, and they sure make this Tough Ole Life worth Living. So as I said it is so Wonderful to Hear from you, and you are always on my Mind and in My Prayers. :love:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:39 pm 
Sun Dial

Wanda, you really are a St. Francis to all the wandering animals. God bless you for that. There is nothing more precious than a batch of freshly born kittens. Did she have a runt of the litter. I love the little runts, who are usually the last ones born. You sure are busy with all your critters! :lol: How are all your other little orphans? Are your horses OK? You really could write a great book about all of them. I think you may have your hands too full to be writing animal stories though. They sure will keep you young. Does your hubby love them all as much as you do?

Good luck with your new babies and it's good to hear from you again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

Yes, my hubby loves them all too- and spoils them rotten! I try not to spoil them, just give them a set of rules and regulations and then protect them from harm. Animals always seem to migrate my way and they seem to listen to me and then do whatever they want to do...like kids kind of, ha!
One kitten, the first one born had a hare lip and cleft palate so it didn't have much of a chance as it couldn't compete well and wasn't able to nurse very easily. I tried feeding it with an eye dropper, one tiny drop way back on it's tongue but when the little tongue moved to swallow, milk would get into it's one nostril- it had one lage opening and the other side was closed. It didn't have much of a chance to make it under those circumstances but she has 6 healthy little rolly polly pigs, all uniquely marked and this time, 4 males and 2 females, one of which will be named "Suzy Q" who would love it. And of course, "Uncle Batman" will have a "Robin" out of this bunch to tag around with. They have their eyes open as of today and will be moving into a big deep box so they can play and learn to eat etc: and use a little pan soon too. Spyder Girl, their mom is very good with them, she has become quite the lovey dovey with me and even rubs around Jimmie's legs now and then. Strange things from her, for sure as she was the only hold out touch me not of the bunch. Spooky is pretty much so too, but she does come in the house at night for safety and on her own.
Thanks for the compliments- I'm not a writer really, I just say what I think about what's happening or what has happened... I did a book on the horses- it was a horse care book for beginners and done because I was asked so many questions by many of them, so I used our horses for models in the book and their pictures etc:... I did it myself, and gave most of them away to people who wanted the information...but did sell a few locally and then they were all gone and I didn't do any more. One day I hope to do that again- and have it available as I still run into people who ask. Then we didn't have Foxx and so I could add quite a bit about stallion keeping too and various related things... He has personality and does some pretty funny and also, intelligent things. Horses are highly intelligent and they can communicate this with people who take the time to know their horses and not just treat them as something they keep to use like a bike they take out now and then.
Well, moving on- I want to check out all the posts while I can. I hope I don't bore the heck out of people going on and on about our "kids" etc:...
Bye,
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:13 pm 
:hello: My Dear Wanda! I was sent the interview with you and Suzy from Our Awesome Dear Sweet RainBowLight, and it was Fantastic! Boy Suzy sure had a way with Elvis, :lol: and to hear talk about different things was just wonderful. I Feel So very Blessed to have this Interview and all of the Special Elvis things I have now, it sure makes it a Little Easier to not Down myself so Much for Not having the Smarts to have seen Elvis and Maybe could have gotten to Know Him. I Hope You Know Just How Dear and Special you Are To Me! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Wanda I love reading all your posts and its always so great to speak with you I do enjoy our talks!! :D :D
Thank you for sharing all your precious moments with all of us of our amazing precious beautiful man!! :D :D
You are very special dear sweet friend to me too! :D :D

Talia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Talia, I really missed being able to take part here these past few weeks- it was like being "cut off from everyone" and not a good feeling. Thankfully, I think my problems have been fixed with this old contraption- it's working pretty good and doesn't freeze up anymore. But it could act up again as it's kind of "bubble gummed and bobby pinned" internally since that virus thing had hold of it. Thanks to the geek guy in town it's still going...
I can't believe how things work out- one of the members of Candlelight who has become a friend these past few months has a son who is very into computers etc: and can fix anything it seems. They are going to send me a computer and even a lap top that has been fixed by him!!!! I am so lucky to have such good people befriend me and care about me this way and every way! Anyway, I'll have more to say about my good fortune in a while. In the mean time, I am basking in some of that "glory" that Elvis used to talk about... Oh happy day, as he would say in that breathless soft southern way.
love,
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh, dear Wanda! I'm so happy you are again "reachable"! :hello:

You deserve everything good Life brings to you and some exquisite souls are only the intermediaries... :P

I seldom have time to get into the ELC Forum, but anyway, there's always a "line" in my heart open for all the friends here and in a very especial way, for YOU.

Hugs and kisses. :love:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You are very welcome Wanda!! :D :D :D
Agree with everything you said Amanda!! :D :D
Its so great to see Wanda and you on the board have missed you both! :D :D

Talia

Page 1 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next