It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Conversations and Memories!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hug: :bouncy: :hello:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:12 pm 
Sun Dial

See Marian, I told you Wanda is our resident St. Francis. If you go back on her posts, you can read some very funny Elvis stories and some very funny animal stories too. Thought you might enjoy her animal stories where you are an animal lover too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:27 pm 
Phoenix

Thanks, Laura :!: :D Reading Wanda's memories and stories is a joy to me and I every time I log on I try to read as much as I can - there is sooooooooooooooooo much :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D Everyone else's contributions are great too :!:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

well hello everyone

came by to see how everyone is doing... :love:

you all are allways on my mind

in love and light

miracle (A)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I thought I would post this here. It relates to my "St. Francis" persona in many ways, I guess.

We took in the wild cats, they are a year old and the 3 remaining ones are doing well. Spyder had her kittens-6 and they are nearly 7 months old and getting "fixed" this month. One is a girl named "Dash" because she has a vertical dash of pale sand color on her face and she's a bit "different" in doing things...like a bit slow compared to the others. She is now a house cat because we don't think she would make it long outside, too many "villains" flying and lurking about.
She is small compared to the others also. Anyway, regarding her mother Spyder who is a "new, modern mom cat" who had "hospital care in the house when she delivered", has had a babysitter service all along and then when they all moved down to the cat house to finish growing, she quickly gave up that job too-they were overwhelming her, I guess. She still goes down and checks on them, and she has caught birds etc: and brought them for them a time or two and she runs down there is one screams or she thinks there is trouble. Other than that, she doesn't want to be "mommy" any more. It was so strange, we lost our Pretty Pearl- she and her brother were Gopher hunting in the pasture early one morning and he came back but she did not. There was not a trace of her having been there, not even a clump of hair. I think a big hawk or owl might have taken her-they could as she wasn't as big as her brother. He went down there for several mornings looking for her, then gave it up. It was hard to lose her-but we have good memories and photos...and it had to have been fast, she wouldn't have had a chance to hardly know what happened. Anyway, we have discovered that Jezebel has another kitten who is probably from the litter just before the one she brought here- and he is the exact gray color of Pearl right down to the little white "star" marking on his neck/chest area and he has her face and eyes too. He is very wild, but we have him coming here to eat and he now comes when he's called- his name is "Oscar" because his shadow looked like the Oscar statue given out for movies etc:. He will come right to the front porch and onto the back porch and is waiting for his plate at feeding time. But he is still very fearful of humans...I hope to trap him soon and have him fixed so he can be in a cage and get used to us more. He comes up to eat and I feed him in the trap cage- but still haven't got him secure enough to set the trap. We will only get once chance with him- that's a given.
I told his mom Jezebel who has the white star on her neck/chest too and she is jet black- to go tell her son Oscar to come up and get his food before the ants got into it. He would wait way down by the stairs going down below to the horse area until I went back in the house and shut the door before he'd sneak up to eat. Anyway, she looked at me, then jumped off the porch railing, ran straight to Oscar, touched noses with him and I couldn't see his reaction or what he did, but she turned and ran back up on the porch and before she could get to it, he ran to his plate and began eating. I KNOW she understood me and did what I asked. That's twice she has proved to me that she DOES understand and has executed what ever it was. These animals on this earth are not "dumb" at all- it is us humans who are more than "dumb" because we don't learn their language! They have to use "sign language" of some type to get to us!!!!
Today on television they showed a man who several years ago found a crocodile that had been shot in the eye- he rescued him, took care of him and fed him and the crock loves him, lets him ride on his back, comes to him for attention even when there is not food being handed out and in general is a big "dog" only he has a pond in his "kennel". The crock even lets him "Pick his teeth". you know, momma crocks carry their babies in their mouths until they are too big to fit... she protects them and feeds them. I know they are not safe in the wild, but then they have been trapped, shot and injured and left to suffer many times... I am sure they have stories they pass down to their off spring- with a dire warning. Look out for the two legged stinky things who can hurt you!
I wonder what animals call us- that would be a good question for Elvis... really. He'd have an idea no doubt.
wjh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I know animals understand us, my Cats understand me and we are going to have to give Wanda a New Nick Name. Cat Women! :D You know I was thinking the other day about Elvis liked to give his Friends Nick names, I would just Love to know what other Nick Name he might have gaven me. Besides the one he as just given me for ELC! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I do too ladies :D :D :D

Talia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Cat woman....well, I dun-no....it's not just cats so...you know, like my dad would say, "don't care what they call me...long as they call me to eat!" He had a thing with chickens...they "talked to him" and it did seem that they did do that, but it could have been just he was teasing his l0 year old daughter. However, I have inherited the "trait" if that's what it is... but then, I have been called a "certified cracked vase" you know.... I kind of like that one- it makes me laugh...and anything that does that is pretty good, I think. I feel like a "cat woman" lately because there are so many of them, mostly the fact that it's hard to keep them on the property and so dangerous when they go over the fences into unknown territory. The "children" are all the same age- 6 of them- so it is a chore trying to keep them happy. Starla (their adopted mom) is having a cat enclosure built on the slab where the front patio of her house is to contain them. She said she "does not want anything to happen to these kittens!" And she means it. It will be a large sized room and is being made just for cats and their "mom" to go in and play and sit with them. They will have big windows with cat proof screens and lots of places to climb up and sit or nap and they will be able to look into her house via her front windows too. And nothing will be able to "get" any of them. So if that is what she wants, then so be it. It's a good idea-at least she will know they are safe.

The fires around here have been visible as we are so high up the mountain side, we can see the Oak Glen area and also the area burning on the other side of Los Angels- the Station Fire...which is still raging away and last night was just 15 miles from Los Angels. It was about to burn the micro wave towers and towers for cell phones etc: and television and radio. I guess some were affected but haven't heard alot about that. It is a dangerous fire, and I pity the poor wild life and those who could not escape that were domestic animals. I have to say the animal rescue teams are up to anything, they have been hauling out horses and other animals by the hundreds since it began and have gone into places that were highly dangerous to rescue them. Right now it is a wild life sanctuary with lions, tigers and other wild rescued themselves animals. But it was touch and go and they are still hurrying to get them all out...the fire is growing closer and with daylight comes wind and dryer conditions that spur the fires on. We have two fires in San Bernardina now also, and they are "suspicious" fires. I think someone must have set them all, it was just so quickly after the red flag warning went up that suddenly all hell broke loose...too suspicious, we think. We are surrounded by fires now- but they are far from us...we just see the smoke and at night see flames way off and we smell the smoke when the wind blows from just about any direction. It should be cooling off later in the week thanks to the hurricane off shore south of San Diego- that will help put the fires out. Maybe it might even rain, but won't hold our breath on that!
love to all
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh, dear Wanda! I'm sooo happy to know that you and your family are safe! (Each time I've tried to communicate with you via email last year, it seemed that you were not reachable, so I was these days coming in here to know if there were news about you).

I've been worrying about you when seeing the fire images in TV. It's terrible to think that such a great destruction could have been caused by human intentional hands.

LOVE to you, your family and to all the ELC friends. My heart is with you all.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Amanda it so Great to see you here, and I to have been worried about you Wanda, I have also been wondering about Lisa Marie, I know she lives in the L.A. Hills to somewhere I have heard anyway and I hope she is Alright to. I heard on the News this Morning that the Fires were caused by some NUT! Wanda I found a Picture of your Favorite one of Elvis and I think the Women you told us about that insisted on Elvis having a picture with her, is she the one in the Picture? So your ok with your New Nick Name or since you have Horse's to how about Dr. Doolittle? :lol: I don't blame Starla for wanting to protect your Kitties, mine has never been out side since the day they were born. That is the only way to keep them Safe! So here is the Picture!Image :love: :hello:

Page 2 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next