It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:29 pm 
Right... I just LOVE Elvis´ sense of humor!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:

Many thanks for your balanced insight and clarified, easy to understand replies (well for me and others, here too; apparently, anyway! ), Wanda! :wink: :). As far as myself and many others on ELC forum are concerned I'm sure, we consider Wanda's shared and many wonderful memories of her time with Elvis also that of her family; Jimmie; Starla, Grandma Suzy et al such a special and cherished priceless treasure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:53 pm 
Sun Dial

Who needs $46,000 Elvis fingerprints when we have Wanda who's worth $1,000,000 in my book. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, I'm worth about $l.79 but then with the falling dollar it could be quite a bit less! Though most of the things that make up the human body have not lost vaule - so maybe I'm worth a little more! Being silly here, one of those days!

Love to all,
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hello all,

I wish to address the fact that Ingrid and Trish have questions that I can't answer, fair questions, that bothered them; as to what Elvis was thinking or why he would say he was some where else; I can only suppose that perhaps he thought he would be going there, he loved Palm Springs- I've read through some of the sections mentioned and see that it could have been written clearer, to allow for the fact I was telling what he said, that doesn't mean I knew if he did go, do or whatever as he might have been planning- he also liked to put people on, tease them and sometimes told some outlandish stories doing those things. I sometimes didn't know for sure myself, and took him at his word. My mistake, not those who found reason to question the content of what was written. As for the misspelled Tennessee, it had to be in the 70's because there are three items we know of with that misspelling in the address. My guess is, it wasn't noticed before it was paid for, most any print shop askes the client to make sure it's correct before running the copies- that way it is the client's mistake, not theirs- and Vernon Presley would not throw it away after putting out money for it. He would say to use it! Again, this is only my opinion of how it came about. I said it might have been the 50's as I could not see a secretary making that type of error- I feel it had to have been someone other than one of them having the work done. Again -my opinion.

It is good to have people who question, see differently and bring things to light that need to be fixed- I will not again be so lax in detail, time lines and dates of events, there for I have had a valuable lesson given to me when I need it the most. Face To Face will be as exact in those things as I can make it- and I will research things out- for the first time in my life.
This whole incident will make me a better writer and too, less of my opinion will be released into telling the story.

Like Elvis did say, and clearly: You never know who you might meet, could be they are there to help you in some way, to teach you somethin' you need to learn, so listen to them, might learn something."

I sure have.

Love, Peace and Good Health, all ways.

wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Wanda,

I really appreciate your positioning in all this matter. I'm glad Elvis still resonates in your ears with his positive words, which brings them into ours by extension. :)

Quote:
This whole incident will make me a better writer and too, less of my opinion will be released into telling the story.

I would miss your own opinion if you withdraw it too much. I don't have you for an official biographer. There are others that attend outer facts. I believe that what is important is that opinion and fact don't get too mixed up in a way that may generate confussion. It's a matter of signalling the difference between them. That's all. :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Wanda no worries as we all have one of those days where we need to be silly so by all means go for it girl!! :wink: :P :D Besides, I'd give you at least $2.75!! :wink: :P :lol: :D Seriously, the special heart that you have brought forth and shared here with us at ELC, which has also been an extension of Elvis' own beautiful heart and soul is.......PRICELESS!!!! :wink: :D :D :love: I also agree with what dear Amanda has said about appreciating not only your position and how you feel with what has happened with this situation, but also the beauty and sincerity of Elvis' words shared with you which resonate through to us. :D :D Regarding your position though, I would ask that you take a looksie at what I just posted in the Announcements/Chat Room Scheduling folder regarding this matter so you can see the feelings in my heart concerning what you have said about feeling like you ned to have more facts, details, etc....... :wink: :P Tried to copy/paste my post here for you but it didn't quite work. :oops: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm 

Wanda:

I wrote to you in a PM but wish to add something here.

Please just keep on doing what you have. You have opened a beautiful world for me and others regarding Elvis.

I do not understand this picking apart of every little detail.

So many things can contribute to what was perceived, and I reiterate, perceived as lies.

For example, Elvis & Priscilla + Hawaii. Only they know the true story. Maybe they had an argument and didn't go and he didn't want to let on to you about this. Could be so many reasons. It is and was a private affair between married people.

I find it very upsetting that 31+ yrs. later there are people out there who are still causing him distress. And I use this in the present because I think he is seeing all of this. Sweet Wanda. Just keep on doing what you have been doing. We love you for it.

Di

Last edited by Di on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm 
:D Wanda you have always been your True Loving Self, and thats want Elvis seen to. So just stay this WAY, and don't worry about being any DIFFERENT. Because of 2 BAD APPLES!:love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
100% agreed on all counts, dear Di! :)

I very gladly 2nd your feelings here dear Sue!! :D :D Right on sweet Di with everything you said above!! :wink: :D :love:

Page 2 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next