It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: FREQUENTLY ASKED AND NOT SO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:34 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, well, we hopefully have solved the registering and activation problem...at least a couple of people have been able to get on as "activated". To all of those who
have not been able to register for whatever reason, I am sorry. This is a problem at the host site and not with this website. I hope it's solved for good! Please
come and read any time, that is what we have the site for, to share the good times with everyone and offer consolation and friendship to everyone out there.
There are not that many posting, some can't who might, but there are every day dozens of persons on line here at any given time. Maia built this site for Elvis' fans to enjoy, learn from and to share our lives and our memories of a time when Elvis was here, and to give back love, faith and hope to everyone, as he used to do through his concerts, recordings and the few interviews and comments credited to him. He believed music was a universal language, one that could be
used to soothe the soul and heart, to inspire and energize, and to bring relief from stress and discord of our daily lives. He said that musical notes respond to our harmonic energy, each one is different, but music can reach through those differences and touch the very soul of human beings. Anyone who has been at one of his concerts, or those held by other gifted entertainers know this is true- the music makes us feel good and we are glad to be there, and/ or it gives us energy and inspiration to go out and win at life-either way it's touching us! Charging up our harmonic bank accounts. wjh

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Know I was Never Blessed with Seeing Elvis in Concert, or Fortunate enough to hear one of his Great Lecture's on the Bible and other Spiritual Matters. But when ever I put a Gospel CD in, I can feel that Power that is in each Song that makes my Heart Swell with Love of The Lord. So yes Come on everyone,if you have ever wanted to Learn and get to know Elvis the Man, and The Spiritual Side of Elvis this is the Place. :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

yes Rose-Lyn, people all over the world have felt the power of the Lord when listening to Elvis singing gospel- he sang straight from his heart and soul and he praised God with those songs. He said he would get chills up and down his spine when listening to the Stamps singing, and the same thing with other gospel groups many times. He said gospel music is designed as praise to our Heavenly Father, meant to inspire and bless those listening and that he felt good inside when singing gospels. He loved it as a child, and it stayed with him right to the end. When he didn't feel like singing, when he was ill and just wanted to "hole up in my room" he said, playing gospels made him feel better. And when he did go
down to "practice" etc:...when his band was there waiting for him, he wanted to
sing gospel more than anything else. They had a hard time getting him to actually
practice in those last months; but he was ill, he was short of breath and too tired out to do much practicing. Still, he wanted to listen to them singing gospels, and at times he'd sing with them and he said he would feel better. I think it is amazing that there are people who do not understand or speak his language but they learn English just so they can understand what it is they
feel so strongly about when listening to his gospels. And it happens all over
the world...yes, when he as young boy told a lady who was a friend of his mother's, "Some day I'm going to make them listen to me"... he was saying what he felt from the heart...and he sure did "make them listen" - and they still are! Elvis said he felt blessed, that God had touched his life and that he had to try to live up to that in every way he could...so he sang to the masses,
he stood up in Las Vegas, where he was told he could NOT sing gospel-and he
began singing gospel songs in his show. No one could stop him, though he was
told several times to "knock it off"... He would and did continue to add gospel songs to his performances, and had his back up singers doing them too! He told people his voice was a gift, that God gave him his abilities to sing, to make people feel something through his vocals, and when he was told he could not
sing a gospel song on the Ed Sullivan show in l956, he said "I promised my mother I was going to sing a song for her, and I am." And he did. It was the song that changed a lot of hard nosed minds across the US; from then on many adult people saw him differently... In telling that story, he said, "God works in many ways...sometimes it's subtle, other times it's sort of like...kicking the door down!" wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow, thanks ladies for all your wonderful posts and for Wanda specially in sharing your always precious insights about Elvis for us!! :) :D :D :P
Yes, we welcome everyone and anyone who would wish to come know more about our Elvis to ELC, what has become a family atmosphere, I was hoping there would be an advert in the latest of the UK fan club which I wrote in a few months ago but still nothing, whether Todd Slaughter feels it might not be 'politically incorrect' to place the advert for whatever reason that might go through his head I don't know? Just because Todd doesn't see Elvis in a spiritual light it doesn't mean he need deny others a deeper knowledge or understanding about this side of Elvis! :shock: :?

:hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Will Crystal Rose when the Ole :twisted: as put Blinders on people, about the Spiritual side of Elvis all we can do is Pray that the Lord will get through this Wall to these people. Thank You Wanda for Adding your Wonderful Insights! :hug:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Will Crystal Rose when the Ole as put Blinders on people, about the Spiritual side of Elvis all we can do is Pray that the Lord will get through this Wall to these people

Right on, dear Rose-Lyn! We should keep these people in our prayers as you say! :) :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes we sure do! :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: (A) :love:

Page 4 of 5 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next