It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Reading material topics - Face to Face
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
One of the things Elvis did not seem to have among his many pals was someone who shared his interests outside of the entertainment world. Elvis read novels, mystery books, science fiction and books on the history of mankind also, but his main interest, his favorite books were on spiritual matters such as: “The Impersonal Life” by Joseph Benner: “The Autobiography of a Yogi”: “The Prophet” by Gibran: “The Mystical Christ” by Bayne: “The Secret Doctrine” by Helen Blavtasky: “Many Mansions” by Edgar Cayce: “The Infinite Way” by Goldsmith: “The Red Tree” by Hayes: “The Initiation Of the World” by Vera Stanley Alder, “Kings Cavaliers” by Shellabarager, “Rags of Glory” by Stewart Cloete, “Life & Times of Jesus, Vol. 1” by Edershiam, “The Road To Wounded Knee” by Robert Burnette and many, many other such books, though he said the Bible was his favorite book and that he could always find answers and hope in its pages. He was also interested in Astrology and Numerology (Herald Sherman & “Cherios Book Of Numbers”) and talked about being a number eight by birth and a five according to his name, Elvis. He liked talking of the things he’d read, spent hours discussing with anyone who would listen, often holding party goers “captive”, imparting the wisdoms he’d learned. Many of the books he read were over my ability to fully understand, though I learned a great many things listening to him explain from his point of view. Elvis could “read” another person pretty well, and then explain in ways that made things clear and precise. Many things he discussed, I would not have thought about in the way that he did; that difference made learning fun and interesting.

Some of his friends and relatives said he “read” a lot of books on spirituality and other kinds of “far out” subjects but that he didn't understand what he was reading. Those kinds of comments make me wonder that they might question his intelligence; why would he spend hours reading hundreds of books he didn't understand? Or at every chance he had, try to speak to others about what he had read and explain the meanings? The reality of it was just because his friends and family didn't understand, certainly did not mean that Elvis was unable to comprehend or that he truly didn't enjoy learning such things. Now, some of those same people say he was “boring and egotistical” but I feel it is just they did not understand his enthusiasm and devotion and that he wished to share his passion, and his deep desire to become more spiritual and closer to the God he so revered. And he did so through “teaching” from the books he absorbed like a dry sponge takes in water. Elvis was interested in reading more about the vast amount of un-translated writings stored at the Vatican underground vaults in Rome, and worried that those few men whose job was translating it might die since there were just three of them left who could read that very ancient language. Every time he learned something new, he would excitedly tell me about it; he knew I was intrigued at the thought of finding out there was much more to the world's history than our current King James Bible revealed.

Now, to make Elvis' style of communication a little more “down to earth” and “real”
as he would put it, he used some colorful and descriptive phrases; most were Southern terms
and expressions handed down through the years- some of it sounding very black but then he was raised among those folks and loved them. In fact his mentors, those he learned musical style from were black blues musicians and he never grew away from that influence though he said Hollywood tried to change him, his speech patterns, make him sound “like some kind of Yale graduate or somethin' but it didn't work much 'cept in fims”. When he was home around his buddies, and then later on stage in Las Vegas, he “cut loose” and was more himself. Especially at the late night cocktail hour shows- then we got to see the real guy up there, the fun loving, mouthy and colorful man. People who were at some of those shows know what I mean; if you weren't there, it's hard to explain the passion Elvis put into his shows, not just sexual but downright silly off the wall humor, sometimes full of innuendos only he could throw out there so innocently. We all loved it when he was “feelin' his oats” and the crowd was right with him.

But Elvis was spiritual, he loved as he put it, “God, my family, America and the people- all the people, it don't matter where they come from or what they do...they're our brothers and sisters.” And he meant it.

[So many things he said are revealing of his faith, this is one of those. Elvis: “Many people are so busy they do not listen. Life is so full, so needful and the rush to get necessities so strong in all of us, we neglect our spiritual bodies in feeding the physical it’s needs and wants. It’s the wants that will whip ya’ man! Got to put it in God’s hands-and then all of it will come to be that’s right at the time. Amen!” He said breathlessly as if his comments were a prayer of his own.

Post subject: Re: Reading material topics - Face to Face
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: It as been said over and Over, that Elvis was a Complicated Person. He was Spoiled and a Brat at Times, but I have always seen a Down To Earth Sensitive,Shy, Fun Loving Humble Man and I could after the Shock. :shock: :P I could Feel and Be very Comfortable around Elvis, because he didn't like anyone that didn't act themselves or Put on Airs! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm 
Rainbow

I wish it could have been me! Its hard to find a man who is so interested in a broad range of spiritual subjects, especially one who looks like Elvis, that would have been my ultimate dream come true, ahh born too late and in the wrong place. :( Wish I could have incarnated as Elvis' baby sister then we would always have been together, just a selfish thought sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda for taking the time to comment extensively on Elvis' spiritual side, showing folks the key his soul, a treat few others show us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Glad you enjoyed reading this, ladies! :) :P :hug:

Quote:
Wish I could have incarnated as Elvis' baby sister then we would always have been together, just a selfish thought sorry.

No need to apologise for anything here, dear Whitebud! I don't feel you are being 'selfish' at all, many of us would have wanted to have, somehow shared a life with Elvis, either as sister, friend or some such and so you're speaking as many of us feel! Please feel free to share whatever you wish! :) :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: No White Bud your just Expressing Every Ones Wish Here, that wasn't has Blessed! :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, Rose-Lyn! :) :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: What A VERY TRUE BLESSING THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN RIGHT? :wink: :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Right, Rose-Lyn! :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I say at Least as Hundred Times a Day While I Listen to Elvis or Watch Him, I WISH THIS AND I WISH THAT! and I know you do to! :love:

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next