It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANDA!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

hello everyone!

it's nearly July and still cool as in early May, we should be hot by now. But it's cool enough for a sweater and a light blanket at night! i am not complaining- I like cooler weather.
We lost one of our pets, our simi wild crow who had been here since her family all disappeared and she was barely able to fly at all. I began to put feed out for her, spent time talking to her and she became very friendly. She spoke 'dog' language more than crow then as she had been an egg or barely out of one when the neighbors behind us put their young pup out under the pine tree at our fence
line behind our house. The dog cried and barked alot and that is what the crow heard- so she began ''arffing" instead of speaking crow- her family went nearly every day to the dump down in the valley-about a mile from here. She was left
in the care of one of the older siblings however one day they left and it went
along as she was older and able to get around in the top of the tree. They never came back; a plant down in the valley
in the vicinity of the dump route had put out poison to kill the birds that was
eating their crops...it is illegal, but they did it and all the crows died off. I saw
some just fall from the sky around that time. Anyway, the young crow got
out of the nest and onto the ground and i saw her. Anyway, she became simi tame, came when called and always
chortled and talked to us in a weird arfing/crow manner. For 2 and 1/2 years
she was here, sleeping in our trees, keeping us company outside and being a simi pet. i kept hoping she would find a mate but they do not take a mate
until around 6 years old, then they mate for life, and usually stay in their
home area. She had a couple of males come and stay around but some left
early-maybe she was too young so they looked for a mate more their age?
She missed one in particular, they two would sit in the pine tree and chortle and carry on alot, but he left and she waited for him for days in the top of the tree down by our gate. She'd sit there until evening, then at the last minute
fly up and get in one of our trees to roost. Recently she spent nights in the tree right next to where i slept in the office with the puppies, she kept me awake more than they did, chortling every 30 minutes or so. i think she was
napping, and when she woke she wanted to know if she was alone or i was
near. it's hard for a lone crow or any bird to be alone, they have to sleep with one eye open as owls and things try to catch them asleep. Anyway, she had a new friend for several days, i know she was a a she because had she been a male crow other crows would have killed her, rogue crows are mean and act like brats in groups. i saw them chasing her one day, i got my broom and horse whip and
snapped it and pointed the broom handle at the crows all the while yelling at them to get out. They thought the broom was a rifle and they took off...the whip can sound like a rifle when cracked hard. They had chased her and were
standing on her back, making her submit though they did not try to mate with her. She was even closer to home after that; this past few weeks a group of crows, two adults and 4 young ones came along and stopped here; Arf was
thrilled and began helping with the young ones who were flying around after their parents begging constantly. She was allowed to 'babysit' one of them,
and took her job seriously. She was happy, it was obvious. We missed her immediately. She didn't come when called, she always had before.
i saw a crow with a broken wing on Sunday, the others were screaming and
going along with it; i thought it was one of the young ones. The 2nd day i
missed arf and she did not answer or come when called...and my heart sank.
it was Arf with the broken wing; jimmie found her under his lawn tractor and
she had been dead for a little while. now we know it was a Red Tail hawk, he
has been taking the doves and had a place where he sat to pluck them before
eating them as hawks tend to do. The crows chase him away, she must have
joined them and being young, alone and with no family to learn from all that time with us her only teachers, she wasn't able to dive and duck and do all the
flight maneuvers as easily as the others and the hawk must have grabbed her
by the wing. i guess it came to the eating area, in a tangle of pepper trees
near our driveway bringing her there to finish off. She must have fought
and struggled, breaking her wing severely and she got away with the help of the other crows...but it was too late to save her. We miss her a lot; her
last friend flys in when we call him, he sits in the tree where she and he did and waits for the food to be tossed out then flys down to get it. he sleeps in the
tree by the office alone, and though he does not Arf like her, he has spoken
in one little sort of arf sound now and then. he is very lonely now and will
probably move on though he is flying around with the family of crows some of the time. They chased the hawk again yesterday, it is about 3 times or more than their size and mostly ignores them. Arf was a big crow, she had been fed well and she was beautiful and glossy, she would have been a nice catch for the hawk. At least he did not get to eat her.
Well, that's my story for the month; it's lonely not hearing her-but she's free
now, and maybe she will find her little family members who were killed so early in her life. God sees every sparrow that falls, he must look after his crows too. I hope to see her again, and when i do, she won't be afraid to sit on my shoulder and she can talk all she wants then...and maybe i will understand her!!
We are going to have such a big herd, flock and pack of animals waiting for us!
love always,
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Your tale on Arf moved me, Wanda. Thank YOU so much for sharing.

Attachments:
File comment: Arf has fled high and I'm certain she'll be one of those loving animals that already sorround you from other planes of reality...

What a wonderful sight when you all shall be together in "that" other realm! I'm sure I'll come with my own pack to visit you...!

crow.jpg
crow.jpg [ 9.01 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Wanda I'm So Very Sorry to Hear it was Arf, After All that the Hawk Killed. But Like I told you in my email, that it seems that Arf's Friend want's to take her Place in your Heart if Arf's as Passed So I hope that even though Arf will never be Replaced. That her Friend will make it a Little easier for you, by becoming Your New Friend. :love: :love:

Post subject: Re: New host for ElC- seamless change!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, we are "changed" to a new host for free forums and it seems to have been
done 'seamlessly' and everything is working! So on we go----
Welcome new people and please feel free to read, view and enjoy this site that
is dedicated to the memory of Elvis Presley and was designed and put together
by Maia who lives in Hawaii. ElC is a site that tries to show Elvis inner being, the dedication and love he put into his performances, on stage and off. It is a site
that tries to present dignity and understanding, to give his fans a place to come
and read, look and enjoy the goodness of his lifetime, the man behind the image
who loved people, gave more than half of his income to help others, protected and loved his fans, his family and his friends on a daily basis and did so without
complaint or thought of himself or how much it was costing him emotionally and physically. he lived to laugh, entertain, to tease, joke and teach- he did them all l00% and without a thought for his own being. Really, enjoy learning, laughing and even if tears come to your heart and eyes, it's alright and good for you...
that's what he said, "it's okay to cry when somethin' breaks your heart...tears
are just like rain washin' the windows of your soul so you can see better...when
you need to.'
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Every Time I see You Post Something So Right that Elvis said, I so Think about Doing a Book on all of the Touching and Helpful Quotes that Elvis Said. I think if Some one would Put in a Book All of the Special Sayings that Elvis Said, would do So Much for People to See how Knowledgeable and Wise Elvis Was and how even today these Quotes and Sayings would Help Someone. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea Roselyn, there are so many things he had to say in so many different books out there; putting the inspirational and the wise in one book would be
great. So the idea is out there thanks to you kid, some one will "pick up on it" and begin the task I'm sure. What is meant to be, will be.
Boy, will the weather ever quiet down! Now the upper states are getting hit over and over as well as those middle ones. Life has changed with the earth's conditions, most of them due to "man's" handiwork, sadly to say.
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes If I Could I would Write Such a Book, but I wouldn't know where to Start. But it is Something that Should Be Done, and it is so Sad but True how so Many Animals and other things have Disappeared. Like I was telling my Land Lady the other day, that I haven't seen any Snappin' or Box Turtles any more. I even had a couple Box Turtles a Few Years ago as Pets, but you don't see any Turtle at all any where here in Virginia. :(

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2