It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New Elvis Book
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:57 pm 
Tiger

Hi Wanda,

This is Ron Collamore from Lincoln, Nebraska. I'd used to write to you back in the late 70s and early 80s. Deeply regret for not staying in touch with you all these years.

The reason why I'm writing to you is to let you know that my partner and I have written a book "Elvis:Remembering August 16, 1977." It's based on the fans' reactions when they'd heard Elvis had passed away. It's a very emotional book. Another reason is I wanted to let you know that in the acknowledgement I did mention your name and your beautiful book. I'd recommended your book very highly. It's my understanding that you will be updating your book. That's great! Our timing is right. I can't wait to get another copy of your book. Our book will be out in early next year.

Through you and your book, I'd got to know the real Elvis. I'd like to stay in touch with you again. Please let me! If you don't remember me, I'd told you about my parents, both are deaf, who introduced me to Elvis through one of his movies back in early 60s. For my mother, she still cares for his beautiful face, especially his eyes and his smile. I hope this will help you to refresh your memory.

If you'd like, I'll be glad to spread the words to other Elvis fans about your book. Your book is more important than mine. Please let me.

Hope to hear from you. Please forgive me for writing this too long. I've wanted to get in touch with you for a long, long time. God bless you and your family. Take care!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Ron Collamore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ron,

Yes, I think I do remember your name-and that you wrote to me. It's been a while to borrow a phrase from Elvis-like 25 years or so. Yep, I have redone the We Remember, Elvis book with some added stuff, more of the Interview, more, lots more Elvis in his own words which I wanted to do the first time but the contract I signed with that publisher was about 9 inches thick and they had control of what was put in and taken out. Including words in my mouth etc; but it did turn out pretty nice. This time, though, I have control and it's the way I wanted and the way Elvis would have also, I think. He liked to talk and so I'm letting him-even some things he said not to use at that time. Now, he wouldn't mind and his daughter will love it. Priscilla might not be so happy but it's nothing she can deny at this point. The book ought to be available on Amazon.com in Feb. sometime, if I can get my brain to work well enough to understand what they want me to do and when. It looks simple, but ya never know, this electronic stuff is over my head. Thanks for writing. I will trade you books, maybe?? if your's is out soon enough. If not, I'll send you one of mine and you can send one of yours when it is, if you want to do that, that is. We Remember, Elvis is a tear jerker too-more so now-but it's also very funny in many places...and so Elvis.

Keep in touch. Wanda J Hill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:41 am 
wanda
i just got your book off of ebay in europe. i would love to be able to email you and talk to you about your book. i know some people gave you a hard time about it in 1978. i promise not to do that.
joe krein
www.elvis2001.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I'm glad there are still some books out there! I have just one copy, having given the two I had left to people who wanted one way back then. Actually, I don't think about having much of a hard time from very many people when it came out. The few who tried that were understandable in most cases-especially so for those who thought oh my, what does she know about me? However, that wasn't on my agenda -then, maybe later-there's still time-huh? You can contact me through elvisalighted candle at any time and I will respond. I have rewritten the first book, We Remember, Elvis and have included more of his own words, letting him tell his story as only he can or could-it's funny, sad, enlightening and so Elvis. It's the way I would have done it had I been in control of the book in 1978. This time will be different. I think Lisa will love it, the rest -well, can't really deny it at this point. Thanks for going to such effort to get a copy of that book! I'm sorry there weren't more of them available. I had to go to court to get the rights to my book back! And didn't try to republish with any company until Booksurge with Amazon. Wanda June

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

hi Joe, The revised version will be out soon, early spring and is about done. I keep finding things to add-causing a bit of a delay. There were so many things Elvis was interested in, said and did-as he once said of his life, "it'd take a year to tell it-maybe more" and he's right-again. There was some taped things that "escaped" and if people are enjoying them, great. I just won't be the one to do it-Lisa is the one to decide and the entire taped interview is somewhere at Graceland (?) because Elvis received them all, uncut, raw and complete. I don't think he would have destroyed them-14 cassettes and 1 8 track of the edited parts to be okayed by him. He did that-so I know they ought to be around somewhere.
I told his father in 1979 and sent a registered letter to Lisa in 2004. I hope they find them-they could use them at Graceland and Lisa would love hearing her father talking about his "precious little girl, Yessa".
Wanda June

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:51 am 
Rainbow

wanda
i just finished your book,i did enjoy it. i look forward to your next book. if you get a chance please check out my site. i would like to interview you for my site. if you go to my site you will see other interveiws i have done.i a have just finished one with shaun neilson and patty parry. i am in the middle of interveiwing larry geller. i am happy to say we have become friends. i would love to add you to my list.
elvisly yours
joe
www.elvis2001.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking me to do an interview with you. I would love to do that!

I think I would like to wait a little while, until this book is about to come out-early spring this year. I keep finding things to add but I have decided enough is enough and it is winding down. It will go in sometime this month and won't take that long then. Any other things I think of will go in the next one that is Elvis, Face to Face and is more detailed and about just those times I was fortunate enough to be in "in the same room" or "air space" as he. I always kept notes and jotted things down right away, thank God. I used to have a good memory for detail-now I need notes. Any way, thank you again.

I read Dave's today, at least now he knows the meaning of "compassion" - have to remind myself that Elvis forgave them- Dave came (uninvited) to a little public party for Elvis that we helped host-I put together a slide show, using photos of Elvis that fit with the narration that was in Elvis' own words and music. Some of it was from the interview I did with him and we used his own narration along with some from various other sources-Larry G. and his wife were there also. Larry talked and took questions, but Dave, poor thing had to stand outside in the lobby and hardly anyone would speak to him at that time. I did feel sorry for him-after all, Elvis died and that book didn't make it any easier for anyone, especially not Elvis. Also at another Elvis affair we helped host in the same area a little later, Ed Parker came and we talked a little. I showed him some of our old phone bills with Elvis' numbers on them where we had called him and he had called us. He was surprised I had so many of them-private numbers included. Ed called me just one time, we talked a little while and he was very nice. We kept running into each other giving interviews at radio stations etc: and it was kind of fun-if the interviewer gave him a hard time, I stood up for him and vice versa. He was a nice guy, I wish he were still with us. He was always nice to me while Elvis was in Vegas; he helped me get past the "guard dawgs" who said Elvis "didn't want to see me, he was sick," 2 times and I was able to see with my own eyes how Elvis was doing or not doing. Elvis was not sick and was glad to see me-Elvis had told me the "password" one time but Red said that's not it. Ed took me up himself because he knew Red was lying. Bye, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:47 pm 
Rainbow

i need to type larry gellers interveiw up,lord it will take a while. nnned to work on pattys also. did you know patty parry? boy she is something on the phone. i never new ed parker,i am a close friend to one of his. sue mccasland. she does miss him so. check out the rest of my interviews please. i am very proud of my site.
joe
www.elvis2001.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe, just a note to say that Wanda tried to get onto your site, but can't. Don't feel badly, she can't get onto the ELC Forums either! :(

I sign in for her and post all her notices (word-for-word what she sends to me). Of course, I have to send HER everything that people write to her as well. She has some kind of dinky system and it just won't access certain code. :x

I will send the above message on to her. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I don't think I know Patty Perry-I have met many people but it's been 25 years and I haven't had contact with very many since that first rush to get the books out. I knew Allan Fortas and talked with him a few times. He was my favorite of the "guys" because he was always friendly and nice to me, unlike a few others. I am going to try to find a different way to get on your site to read the interviews-I'm tired of messing with Hemet where our server site is located-it's overcrowded with users I guess. There has to be something better-I got Dave's interview by using Google so will try that again and let you know. I have heard of Sue M. but can't say now if we ever met. It's just been too long now. I'm so lucky I have transcripts, tapes and notes! My education paid off-I was an assistant to a legal sect. and had to keep notes accurately...I hated that job-everyone you came in had troubles, troubles, troubles-it would be like working at a doctor's office with constant sick people probably. But I was good at record keeping and details, thank goodness! Wjh

Page 1 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next