It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shining One
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

From the book "Return of the Children of Light" by Judith Bluestone Polich:

Quote:
"...as pointed out by modern angelologist Malcom Godwin...the root world El (contained in Elohim), is an ancient term with common origins in many languages. For example, in sumerian El means "brightness or shining"; in Babylonian Ellu means "the shining one"; in English elf means "shining being"; and in anglo-Saxon aelf means "radiant being."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:41 pm 
Pharaoah

The Dutch language also knows the word 'elf'. It means exactly the same as in English.

Post subject: King of the faries..
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis knew his name meant that-and laughed about it in connection with being the king of the "faries" only he meant "gays" but that's not what they were known as back then-he grew up like I did thinking of the other word queer, you know. Anyway, he got a chuckle out of it. When he had his band members wearing tight green stretchy pants with tunic tops of lighter color they looked like fairies-and he said he contemplated buying them the pointed toe shoes to go with them-especially after they complained when the outfits shrunk and got very sleasy a s well. Elvis got a kick out of them and made them wear them for a while until he had new ones done- He said that the girls pants shrunk also when the dry cleaners washed them when they weren't supposed to do that. And Sylvia thought he did it on purpose because she had a well rounded behind and he was always watching her walk away from him...and made some comments as well---she would get on his case and stand up to him and he loved it. She and Myrna were favorites but I don't think he knew the other one as well. wjh

Post subject: the joker
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis glued Col. Parker's slippers to the floor-he had them under his desk and rested his feet when sitting for long times by removing his shoes and wearing comfortable old house slippers. Well, Elvis glued them down and I guess the Col. was on the phone trying to get his feet in them and for some reason and cursing about it, it was Elvis he was talking to of course. Anyway, Elvis had bought him a new pair of leather, fleece lined mocasins from the reservation where he was making Stay A Way Joe, I think it was -out there somewhere in Arizona ???
That's not for certain, for sure because I don't remember. Seems like it was Sedona ??? Anyway, he had the Col holding while he ran back and gave him the new foot wear. Laughing of course. There were other things he did but they can't be told here and I wouldn't put them in print! He was a "mean'n sometimes" any thing for a laugh though. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

OH WANDA!! YOU SHOULDN'T MENTION THAT OTHER JOKES :( ..GOD! WE ALL GOING TO DIE OF CURIOSITY NOW..WELL AT LEAST ME.. :oops: :P :P :lol:

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Wed May 10, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: More jokes?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yea, Wanda, you've opened the barn door & now we're all curious! I know I am! :P

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:02 pm 
LORD YES Wanda I just Love it when Elvis is his Naughty Onery, Sweet Self. Please o Please tell us!! I know I can handle it, and I'm sure so can very one else. Barb!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]