Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: more of Elvis's mystical jewelry
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/signsymbwonders/mystic_medallions.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

beautiful. looks like a warrior on a horse, and the other piece some type of crest superimposed upon an eagle or is it two dragons? i wonder what the crest means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:48 am 
Site Admin

It is two lions with wings and a crown on top and I think represents Knights of the Round Table. the warrior on the horse is spearing a dragon and there are some saphire colored settings here and there- The Round Table one is real gold, the other I'm not sure but it maybe be antiqued gold...it's in need of being tarnish removed but I don't want to clean it with anything I've got until I know what it is made of...it could be some kind of brass or copper, can't tell. They are heavy but the gold one is really heavy. She had the chains shortened to fit her-she's about 4' tall-and so his chains hung to her waist she said...The gold chain that was taken off she had made into a bracelet but doesn't know where it is now. She's got tons of jewelry-some of it going back to the 30's! Some beautiful costume stuff from back then-mother of pearl like you wouldn't believe stuff-and then lots of expensive pieces too-but she was in the Hollywood crowd and etc: and there was money then in Gene Autry movies and music etc: and so they didn't starve after they got going good. She was even in one of the movies-she played a kid and laughed...but didn't have but a couple of lines and then lots of laughing.
That was at Republic Studios where they made the old western movies etc:. She saw Elvis when he was first making Love Me Tender but didn't meet him until much later after he came from the army- She said he was a "lamb being thrown to the Hollywood wolves." She knew all the old time stars-men and women and went to Frank Sinatra's house for parties etc; and also to some big wing dings for other big names. She knew his first wife well, and also his kids. She used to baby sit Gene Autries mother and his kids too. And she knew Heddy Lamar well, paled around with her some and a few others. But she didn't like the way things were going in the early 50's in Hollywood-she said it was so "immoral" and disgusting she didn't want to be part of that scene so she stopped going and her husband had to go to some of them being in the business-so he met some younger chick and that was that. She later marrried a very nice guy just before we met her (Elvis told her to go visit us). Her second husband was from Italy and his family owned and still does, the Long Beach docks- and that's a story its self! The things she knows-I should be a real writer! She's had a great life, it's not ending very well right now...I have to figure out something to do to help that situation if I can. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I hope there's some way to ease the difficulties in her life now Wanda. :( don't know though what it is but that doesn't sound a just end for a nice lady.. :(

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I wonder if the warrior on the horse represents the famous St. George battling the dragon. There are close similarities of the jewelry to the paintings of St. George on the Wikipedia site.
What's interesting also is that the story of George & the dragon is in the mythologies of many countries.
Here is the link to see for yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Could be. There is a shield behind the rider and horse-it doesn't show much in the scan but it is like a Christian sheild with the three point top and the curved sides to on point at the bottom. It is done "open" weave so it doesn't project on the scan. The knight is definently spearing a dragon on the ground...and the horse is helping. I know nothing of St. George except what I just saw and the little I read...But I'd bet Elvis had read about him and knew all sorts of things...I wonder if the "white brotherhood/Knights" went back to the Round Table and Early Christanity and that was what the group Elvis was in for a while was studying? He wanted to be one of them-to be able to "really help people" but he was scoffed at for thinking he could do that, after all he was Elvis Presley. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

hey'all,
precious jewelry...
indeed there is a similarity with the link our Laurie showed.

kira
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Beautiful jewels! I don't doubt Elvis gave them to Suzy with some intention, something to help her to remember some quality of himself.

Curiously, there is another link to my roots -like when we talked about the healing ring Elvis gave to Wanda. Saint George (Sant Jordi) is the patron of my birth place, Barcelona. In April 23, there's the current use to present women (mother, wife, friends, etc,) with a rose, together with a book, the last both for males and females. This is the dearest institutional fest in the historic city.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

ola, and my sons name is Jordi

Kira :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

While writing my post about Saint George, I thought of your son. I didn't mention it, because I talked about it some time ago, when you showed his pics. My regards to Jordi! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next