It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: White butterflies
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

My friends,

You know that I have been talking often about seeing white butterflies wherever I went, in my garden, driving around and even on the very top of a high mountain.

I have news about the abundance of white butterflies last days in my garden. I have discovered that the walls of my home are full of cocoons (some are even inside!) and each day some come out. Yesterday I witnessed the first fly of three of them. When they get out from the cocoon, they rest for a while, some times I have observed it can take some hours until they are ready to fly.

In the outside building where I have the washing machine, there are various cocoons. When I opened the door, I saw three precious white butterflies resting, trembling. I kept going back to see if they were ready to fly. And I was there when the glorious moment came!

The saddest part of it is that one cocoon opened to a disabled butterfly, which was not able to display her back wings that looked immature, and could not fly. I took her out to the garden (she was inside Antonio' studio) and left her under the sun.

This is the fist time that phenomena happened in my surroundings. I wonder what produced that circumstance, yet I find it all an amazing allegory.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Whatever or whoever created that phenomena, it is wondrous and very symbolic of your further path and purpose, Amanda!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Christine,

I admire your persistent attitude to bring everything happening forward and upward. I'm sure you must be contagious, because the world needs many more like you! :roll: :P

LOVE YA!

( Some minutes ago, when coming into the bath room, I have found another one on the floor, not quite able to fly yet. I have taken the fist sheet of paper I have found on my desk, to take her carefully on it and bring her out of the house. Do you imagine what I've found out was written on that paper? The lyrics of Amazing Grace, Further Along, In The Garden and A Thing Called Love that I transladated to Spanish a few days ago, for my gran daughter!) :shock: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

"Mariposa" (butterfly in Spanish) was always one of my favorite Spanish words...I like the sound of it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, it is a beautiful word. I can't imagine an ugly word to name that precious animal in any language. It's impossible.

In my original Catalonia, the region of Spain where I was born (in Barcelona), we call it "Papellona", being said softly, with mild pronunciation, like "suggesting" the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

my gosh, Amanda, ...

Today i sent a girlfriend (who is so very sad about the ending of her relationship and has so many things happening around her (she is only 24 and has a lot of grief) a blue butterfly with explanation that when a butterflies cocoon opens to early it will be damaged and properly won't fly. If it is ready it will come out of the cocoon and will fly.
I just wanted to tell her that she has to come out of that cocoon that now she is ready to go thru all this and just like the butterfly she will spread her wings when she accomplished that what she has to do.
I believe in her strength!

somewhere i picked up what is going on in your house, my gosh all white butterflies....

kirabell,x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

When I was little, I used to try and catch butterflies with a container. And I would get so upset if I couldn't catch one.
Now I regret those days long ago of trying to catch them. The poor things must have suffered so. I don't remember what happened to them but they probably died. Well I learned my lesson. It is much better to watch them happy and free.
Of course, it is cold now where I live so no butterfies yet, but they will come when the weather warms. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
somewhere i picked up what is going on in your house, my gosh all white butterflies....

Most probably you did, Kira! :P

I'm glad you are able to help your friend. To have an universal metaphore like you gave her, to explain something related to us, helps very much to gain perspective and thus, not to identificate so much with grief.

Laurie,

When one is a child, many times projects on animals feelings that adults around us cause in our tender hearts. We are all the time expressing what's inside. Understanding what was done to you, you'll be able to understand better your behavior about butterflies. And vice versa. Our life is a book open to us to learn from every little detail. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You have such insight Amanda! I hadn't thought about it like that before. I'm sure I must have desparately wanted what the butterflies had & represented. They are free to be themselves, enjoying the world around them. I grew up feeling so very withdrawn and trapped inside emotionally. I used to have dreams all the time about being trapped. And there I was trapping those poor unsuspecting butterflies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I felt for that disabled butterly Amanda :cry: ..hope that little creature could feel my love and a few tears which goes along specially for it,wherever its little soul really could fly now.. thanks for letting us know about them..

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next